“Liked it the first time but the sheen was gone by the third time...”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 22 April 2012

First time I stayed here I loved it, location is good, room was good, nice size and very clean.

The second time I stayed there was a problem with the key card which wouldn't always let me into my room, plus the lights in the room kept going out - unfortunately I had to put up with this as the hotel was fully booked. I also ordered a sandwich from the bar late at night - this ended up being made by the night porter and consisted of two bits of bread with a single slice of ham - not tasty (I didn't finish it) and overpriced. I was so annoyed I spoke to the Manager in the morning who refunded me the cost of the sandwich..but I could overhear the other receptionist staff talking between themselves about me making a complaint.

The third time I stayed here there was no soap either at the sink or in the shower. I asked at reception for soap 3 times but never got any for the duration of my stay - unacceptable. This combined with the noise from other guests resulted in a less than satisfactory experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Baxza,

Thank you for your review of your three stays in the Encore. I have passed your comments to my Front Office manager who will be retraining her team to ensure that all guest requests are responded to immediately. Please accept my apologies that your soap was not replaced. I hope you will give us another opportunity to look after you and I can welcome you back to the Encore soon.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre

Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was a very disappointing stay.
From the time I checked in I had repeated trips to reception to sort out the (over-priced) internet connection issues; as well as key card issues that allowed another couple to access my room, then locked me out.
Despite the fact that it was obvious I was getting quite distressed by the lack of help from the reception staff my requests were not met for several hours.
Finally I got lucky and managed to catch the manager, who solved everything immediately.
I was still quite pleased to check out early to catch my ferry!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Dear CathyM,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I was disappointed to read of the issues you experienced during your visit, however I was pleased that we were able to resolve all your difficulties.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Belfast and the Encore again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

an excellent hotel within walking distance of shops, bars and the Titanic Museum. Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast all you can eat for 9.95.

Room Tip: All rooms very similar and quiet.
1  Thank mktravel12

Dear mktravel12,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Encore soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Great location. You can walk to everything. Nice, modern, hotel. Need to change their Wifi policy. 30 minutes is not enough and coverage was not great. Excellent staff! Good restaurant.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best.
1  Thank PHPHIL
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear PHPhil,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I have passed your comment regard Wi-Fi coverage to our IT department to ensure it is improved.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed here recently and wasnt impressed by the staff. They didnt seem to care and weren't friendly. They stood outside the front door smoking at night time. Even witnessed a guy in a red shirt (i believe to be the night manager) physically push a young male out the front door. He was stood inside, out of the bitter cold waiting on a taxi. Rooms were fine, bar was fine. Nothing had that 'wow factor' or would give me the urge to return in a hurry. Ive stayed at better hostels to be honest.

Room Tip: Can be noisy at night time so ask for a room nearer the back.
3  Thank Michael M

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for your comments. I'm disappointed to read of your issues regarding your impression of the staff. As can be seen from other reviews on this site, our staff are highlighted for being friendly and hospitable however I have passed your comments to by Front Office manager to raised with the members of staff in question.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

No bathtubs...number one no no. Very Ikeaish for those in America. Simple, clean, staff not friendly at all. It seemed as if you were bothering them when you were checking in and you actually felt bad from taking them away from their conversations with co workers. Food adequate, nothing to write home about. Plenty of other cool places to eat with great atmosphere so skip the meals. Bar ...in the middle of lobby (if you want to call it that) and restaurant ( cubby in the right). Must say they did have some GREAT entertainment. Worth going to the bar to sit and listen to these two guys!!! As a tourist and asking for directions to sites, very frustrating when the staff says they do not know what you are talking about but it is marked on a MAP. Customer service and "experiences" is what it is all about these days. To make a lasting experience so that you will share with friends, family and well a million people you dont know on the internet. Housekeeping man who was cleaning the carpets absolutely stunk of body odor, had to hold breath walking past him. Room was clean but boring. Did like the H and W artwork in the room. Your staff needs to learn the sites and be able to help guest with this!!!! If you have never been to Belfast you must take the black taxi tour!!! Well worth the money, informative and very moving.

Room Tip: Entertainers (singers) in bar fabulous!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear CindySaz,

Thank you for your recent review of you stay. Please accept my apologies that we do not have any bathtubs, however as the walkin wetroom design of our bathrooms is a brand standard we do no advertise anywhere that we have bathtubs. Please accept my apologies for your confusion. I was disappointed to read of your issues regarding customer service, however as can be seen from other reviews on this site, the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff is clear. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you if you return to Belfast.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Just back today from a two night mid-week stay in the Ramada and both of us enjoyed every single minute. The location, as many reviewers have pointed out, is excellent with a multi-story car park right next door. The welcome at the front desk was professional and genuinely friendly.

Tired from the drive we opted to eat in the SQ bar in the hotel. It was truly excellent and beautifully presented. In fact it was so good, for the first time ever we decided to eat all meals in the hotel without trying the many nearby city restaurants - hats off to the wonderful chef.

The room was modern and spotlessly clean. Bathroom was compact but left in pristine condition. (The housekeeping staff of this hotel are excellent) Some reviewers have made negative comments about no wardrobes, chest of drawers etc, but I wish all hotels would have this layout - you can see with just a glance that everything is packed, no last minute running around checking cupboards and opening/closing doors.

To sum up, the hotel was excellent - especially the staff. The only negative thing I can think of is the breakfast is 10 pounds each, but then it's self-service with a huge choice of tasty grub, so you could really take advantage. For a normal sized breakfast such as mine though, I thought it was a little bit pricey - but hey, its still a bargain for a combined 75 pounds per night. Will definitely book again this summer for another break.

Friendliness of all staff
Excellent cuisine and choice - Paul Rankin moonlighting here???
Housekeeping excellent
Location
Modern and fresh looking design throughout hotel

If you like a small breakfast it's a little pricey at 10 pound per head
parking is no longer free, but this was known in advance and cost about 30 pounds for equivalent of 3 days.

1  Thank oneillm2005

Dear oneillm2005,

Thank you for your recent kind comments regarding your stay in the Encore. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly your comments regarding the quality of our chef ( of whom we're really proud! ). The food and presentation in SQ Bar & Grill has been a real area of focus for the team over the past 6 months and it is gratifying to see it recognised.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Encore soon.