“All night frozen”

Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“All night frozen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

I arrived to my room and it was extremely cold. I called reception and they told me to open the valve of the heater. As outside it was around 0 celsius rhe room had not enough time to warm up. one of the worst nights in my life. The room should be at a confort temperature before I check in!

2 Thank Ikkaku
Damien D, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I’m sorry that your stay was anything less than satisfactory and that you experienced issues with the heating.

If you would like to discuss this further then please feel free to call me direct at the hotel.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

Visited this hotel midweek. Very quiet - which was fine.However,restaurant menu did not match website restaurant menu. Misleading and confusing. Pull your socks up on this front please!!!@@@@@"""""""""""_"""

Lurgan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Ramada encore when I arrived at the hotel I was very impressed with the front desk and bar area and the guy at the check in desk was lovely (think his name was Conor). Now for the rooms...not great the mattress is wafer thin and one pillow each and not very comfortable.The room I stayed in looked out over a roof and shall I say there was a few pieces of 'rubbish' which would need removed! I'll leave it at that! The shower was great! And I did appreciate the coffee!! The hotel is in a good location and it's not too expensive. I also would like to echo what other reviewers mentioned about the cleaning staff...they where very loud and they woke myself and my husband up by knocking our door and shouting 'housekeeping' surely they would know what rooms were not occupied and if they had guests in them still sleeping! Unbelievable I've never experienced anything like it before...needless to say I was very cross!!

• Stayed January 2013
Damien D, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms, please know that your feedback is extremely important to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We are currently in the process of upgrading the bedding in our rooms and hope to have this completed by the end of the January. I will ensure your comments are shared with the housekeeping staff to make sure that this does not happen again.

If you would like to discuss you stay personally, then please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

enniskillen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stayed here in December 2012 after we were double booked in another hotel and transferred here and won't be rushing back!

The hotel is nice enough but rooms are quite bare & basic. Stayed in a twin room (2 single beds) on the 4th floor.

Despite being on the 4th floor we were still disturbed by the Christmas party on the gound floor and the noise from the corrider seemed to be very loud all night.

I was very tired and moody by breakfast the next morning and the caotic scene that met me didnt help. Came down about 45mins before breakfast finished so don't see any excuse for poor service even though they were busy. Selection of breakfast was very good but when you got your bacon you had to stand for more beans, the when you had your beans you had to stand and wait for more sausages to be cooked.....................

Would stay here again if was stuck but certainly wouldnt book it as a preference.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sessi_10
Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Forgot to review this when i stayed in November, but thats what it was totally forgettable!!! On arrival the receptionist was more interested in 'gossiping' with another member if staff about someone else who worked there who they obviously didn't like and totally ignored me. Stood until it got embarrassing before interrupting and honestly never felt less welcome! When i asked if i could leave my bag as it was 40 mins before i could check in (she didnt even check to see if my room was ready) I was shown to a door and told 'throw it in there'. Classy!!! Next morning, no hot water!!! Said to receptionist when checking out and the reply 'yeah i know'!! That was it!!! More staff training required for this one member of staff!! The rest of the staff were excellent and the room spotless clean, what a pity that one thing spoiled it

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ladymarmalade40
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

this is the first time i have never left a tip for the housekeeping staff. We checked in on Dec 22nd checking out Dec 24th. We were on the 4th floor and we were woken at about 10am on the 23rd by the staff slamming doors, shouting at eachother down the corridor. We shouted out to them a few times to shut up but they continued with their rowdy behaviour. Also at 9am on the 24th a member of staff tried to enter the room and only stopped when we shouted out.
To balance matters staff on reception were very pleasant and helpful and the guy on the bar was very friendly and efficient

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Damien D, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Guest,

With regards to the points raised about our housekeeping staff, these will be addressed directly with them to ensure this does not happen again.

We do hope that we can be of service to you again, in the meantime if either myself or anyone of the Ramada Encore team can assist you in anyway then please feel free to contact us.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel last night and for the price we were impressed. Location was very central, the cleanliness was outstanding and any staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. Two reasons why I didn't rate the hotel as 5 star - firstly no wifi in the room as the hotel sell entertainment packages for the T.V. which was annoying but you could use wifi in the lobby so not a total inconvience. Sceondly we both found the bed uncomfortable but this could just be due to our own discomfort as we had been driving for so long the day we arrived. Would I stay here again - maybe as the price and location were good.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieMac87
Damien D, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 11 January 2013

With regards to your comments about WiFi internet access in our rooms, this is something that we are looking into so please keep checking our website & Facebook page for further updates.