“Poor Management”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here one night as we were attending a wedding.
It had a 24 hour bar for the guests. Bar staffs were ok but security staff was unfriendly and came across quite rude to some in my group. He was asking for our room number and the way he demanded was as if we were criminals. We didn't stay at the bar much after. There is ways to approach people and this particular member of staff should learn some customer service and manners. Although it wasn't directly at me, it has made a bad memory to my stay.
Apart from that it is a nice hotel in the middle of busy night spot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear SuShi_luv

Thank you for your review regarding your time with us, and I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to the level I would expect.

If you would to further investigate this matter, and if you could call the hotel and speak to myself it would be greatly appreciated.

Our number is 02890261800, and my name is Damien Davis

Write a ReviewReviews (1,733)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Helena C

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have booked three times with this hotel as a visitor to Belfast on an annual business trip and on two occasions I have not been given the room I booked. With the first booking I had reserved an executive room only to find that on arrival they had given it to another party and did not have another available.Today I was actually sent to another hotel in Belfast as I was told that a party had extended their stay and my (again executive) room was no longer available. They had no alternative rooms to offer me. This is disgraceful customer service and I will not be using this hotel again. The hotel itself is OK and the food is good but I am appalled at this poor level of service especially when I book well in advance. Don't take a confirmation of a booking on face value - it is not honoured.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret088

Dear Margaret088

I am very sorry to hear about your recent difficulties regarding your reservation with ourselves, and I would like to speak to you in person to offer my sincerest apologies regarding this.

If you would like to contact the hotel our number is 02890261800 and ask for myself,my name Damien Davis.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business purposes. It is set in the Cathedral Quarter which is such a lovely area of Belfast. St Anne's Square, The Mac and several restaurants are literally a few steps away.
I had all I needed to make my stay comfortable. The room on the 5th floor was very warm at night though. I left the window open and I could hear the traffic from the busy road. However this did not trouble me as I am a very heavy sleeper but it could annoy people who are light sleepers so I would notify the hotel beforehand to request a room away from the front if at all possible. I would recommend this hotel to others without any problem. Handy, clean and good food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lovemybreaks

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass on your comments to out team and I look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Would recommend this hotel to all my friends great customer service thank you Leigh. All the staff very friendly made me feel right at home (Scarborough) only missing a 24 hour casino. The Guinness here has been the best pint I have ever tasted thank you Remada Belfast. :) :) :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Ramada Encore. Loved the location, very easy to walk around downtown Belfast from here, and there were plentiful pub and dining options very close by. Our room was spacious with a comfortable bed once we got a few extra pillows (initially only had two fairly flat pillows). The furniture in the room was fairly basic with no place but the floor for our one large piece of luggage. The room was very clean, and the hotel staff was helpful in answering questions and helping to make tour arrangements.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Jim D

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I am delighted you enjoyed your time in Belfast.

I hope that we can in the future welcome you back for another great stay.