“A very clean and functional hotel. The only down side was...”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Newthorpe
“A very clean and functional hotel. The only down side was...”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A very clean and functional hotel. The only down side was the traffic noise, and noise from revellers outside. It was very warm, so we had to have the windows open, and the noise was apparent.
All in all, a very good experience, especially for the price/deal we got.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank David F
RE_Manager_13, General Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear David F

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your comments to our team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Turkish first
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First things first, wifi is free but for 30 minute intervals, then you have to go through the log in process again (very tiresome). There's no parking or concession for parking in a local multi-storey. It's clear from this that the business traveller is not wanted by this hotel. After a very average stay, I was checking out in the morning and second in the queue. There was one member of staff on duty and he was on the phone dealing with a multi booking and talking to a colleague by phone about how this large guest booking could be accomodated. My blood started heating up at this indifference towards customers standing waiting but I stayed cool. When the queue got to about 10, another member of staff came to the desk and a mob of people in the queue behind me rushed to the front to get her to check them out. She dutifully started to do this without a care in the world for the queue. At this I'm afraid I could contain myself no longer and let rip with audible criticism of such poor customer care. The guy on the phone immediately told his colleague that he had to go and hung up! I would have at least thought he was talking to his CEO or Chairman or something to have ignored customers for so long with such ignorance. The fact that he was able to end his phone conversation so quickly suggested he was aware of the queue all along but felt happy for us to stand around like lemons until he was good and ready. There is a well known statistic that says 63% of people change suppliers or service providers based on indifferent customer service. As far as the Ramada Encore in Belfast is concerned, I am one of the 63% - NEVER AGAIN! The staff I came in contact with are a disgrace to the hotel business (as are their managers for either not caring or not training them properly). However, trying to get this back on an objective basis, if they were to address the staff issues, I'd still not stay as they appear to be set up for the tourist trade and not the business traveller.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank John M
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear John M

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us and I am very disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us as we would have liked, and as many of our guests do.

Regarding your issues while you stayed with us I would agree completely that the customer experience you had upon check out was not to either yours or our own standards and is something I will be bringing to our Front office managers attention for immediate improvement as this falls below our standards to our guests.

Our hotel has been open 5 years next month and a huge amount of our guests are business guests and have been since opening and are area that continually grows yearly as we understand how important they are, as is every other guest to our business.

I however understand that you did not feel this after your stay with us, and should you wish to contact me directly I would be more than happy to speak with yourself on 02890261800 my name is Damien.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel delivers what you pay for. I stayed for one night and found the room to be a clean and confortable, although a little warm. Nice bar downstairs and just located off st Anne's Square where there are lots of good restaurants to eat in, if you don't want to eat in the hotel. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast which provided many different choices and hot food kept regularly topped up. This was my second time staying in this hotel and hopefully it will not be my last. Ideal place for a night out in Belfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DazNorthernIreland
Dear DazNorthernIreland

Thank you very much for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we see you again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A small group of us stayed here for one night and overall we had a very pleasant experience. The hotel's location is great as it's in the middle of the lovely Cathedral Quarter; there are great bars and restaurants very nearby and St. Anne's Car Park is pretty much next door which is very handy if you have a car. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was a decent size and, most importantly, clean. The room was perhaps a little too hot at night but the weather in Belfast had been very humid and it's not too noisy outside to leave a window open.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ann-Marie B
Dear Ann-Marie B

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

I hope that you choose us again in the future so that we can again look after you and ensure a great stay for yourself with us and hopefully some more great weather.