“Exactly what was needed!”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 9 April 2010

The hotel is modern, clean, cool bar (decent prices!) unfortunately we didn't get the chance to try the grill.
The staff are very helpful, check-in and check-out were fast and very efficient.

The room was very clean, modern fixtures/fittings coffee/tea provided and a large flat screen TV if you think Belfast doesn't have enough to offer (it does!!).

Shower was unusually a pleasure to use - large shower, no bath (but I prefer it that way!).

The hotel staff allowed us to extend our check-out time to suit the flight time and were happy to give directiona and book taxi's etc.

The hotel is located across the road from the Cathedral (and therefore easy to locate!).

The only minus... no safe in the hotel room (though there is in the executive rooms I'm told).. the lack of a small safe in the room is inconvenient and unusual for a such a modern hotel.

I'll definitely return!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2010

Dear Jackarama,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed both your stay in the hotel and your time in Belfast.

We have safes available for guest use within our front office which are complimentary for residents ( as well as safes in our Executive Suites ).

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Belfast and Ramada Encore specifically soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2010

I stayed here on a midweek break with friends. The location was ideal from our point of view - close to restaurants, pubs and clubs but not entirely on in the hub either.
It was excellent value - the room was comfy and had all the necessities. If staying for an extended length of time, you might run short of storage but this wasn't an issue for us. It was clean. We didn't have breakfast there at all so can't comment. Lunch was good. Service at the bar was very slow I felt, even though it wasn't at all busy. This was only a small issue though.
The free parking was a big plus for us and added to the great value. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2010

Dear Breakaway86,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and recognised the free secure parking which we offer to our guests.

Perhaps when you return you'll be tempted by our new and exciting menu in SQ Bar & Grill or even sample our exclusive cocktail list.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with my brother on a weekend visit to Belfast. I forgot what time check-in was supposed to be and we turned up just after midday (3 hours early as I later discovered!). But instead of being turned away we were told by a very friendly man on reception that it was not a problem, our room was ready and we were checked in immediately, which we appreciated so much. Thankyou! Our twin room was on the second floor and was lovely. It was clean, with a nice shower room, equipped with shampoo/shower gel, had a large TV, heavy blackout curtains and comfortable beds. The lack of storage space may be a problem if you're staying for a week as there were only a few hangers and no drawers but it was perfectly adequate for a few days. Also the walls seemed a bit thin and I could hear people walking about in the night but it wasn't enough to keep me awake.
I can't comment on much else, we didn't get food or drinks there, didn't use the car park, didn't have anymore interaction with the staff, we literally just went there to sleep. I did feel that the hotel was more upmarket than I expected for the low price we paid, so was pleasantly surpised. I think it must be popular with business customers.
The location was good too, if you are reasonably fit you will be able to walk to the city centre in about 10 minutes and to the bridge which crosses the Lagan River with the odyssey complex and titanic quarter on the other side. The McHughs pub is a short walk, it's near the clock memorial, can recommend food and drink and a good night there

• Stayed: March 2010

Dear lyddy_simms,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you recognised the excellent value for money that we provide.

Thank you once again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2010

Booked hotel through one of the hotel booking web-sites the day before we arrived,not through their own hotel web-site.We were told on arrival, that the hotel had been booked out for some days already and the reception staff were suprised our booking had been accepted by the hotel booking web-site.At first it looked like we would have to try and find another hotel and it was now getting quiet late but thanks to Assistant-Manager Mark Crea he was able to accomodate us for the nights we required.We really enjoyed our stay,the staff were very friendly and helpful the rooms and breakfast were very good,the hotel was very central to the city centre in the "cathedral quarter"and close to shopping,bars and resturants.Would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2010

On arrival I wondered......barely dressed overweight girls smoking around the front entrance doesn't give a good impression...........inside lots of the same only wearing signs one of which said "hen"......oh dear.
Staff not really on the ball managed to point to the lift, when I asked if we might have a room towards the top of the hotel was told all family rooms on first floor- fair enough I thought. The room was certainly clean and tidy, bathroom was great but it wasn't exactly a family room it was a double bed with a fold out sofa bed fortunately not troublesome for an eleven year old boy. The fun started around midnight and ended about six o'clock when I was woken no less than twelve times by the return of hen and stag parties on the floor where all the family rooms are!! Thank god I didn't have young children who would have been terrified by all the noise. I spent xmas in Hanoi where I was advised to take earplugs which I found I didn't need, I wish the hotel's website had warned me of their client base and advised me to bring earplugs!! NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2010

Dear Gadabout010,

As a 3* property aiming to provide quality value for money accommodation we do attract price conscious customers including stag and hen parties. We do try to ensure that those guests who enjoy the attractions of the cathedarl quarter of Belfast, the vibrant, cultural heart of Belfast, do not distrub other guests by allocating rooms prior to arrival. However we appreciate that late night revelry can at times be unacceptable to some of our guests. To this end, we have a night time security team in place who patrol the corridors throughout the night to ensure that noise and disprution is kept to a minimum.

I do apologise that you were distrubed during your stay and I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that your stay is no way typical of the service and warmth of welcome that we are renowned for.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2010

I have just come back from a two night stay at this hotel. The location is perfect. It is in the Cathedral quarter and all you have to do on foot is follow the signs for St Annes Cathedral which is fool proof!

The hotel has a lovely modern decor. The bed was super comfy and the power shower (with complimentary Lux shower gel) was soo nice!

The front desk staff were very helpful on check in, printing m onle boarding pass and calling me a taxi on checking out. The one complaint i had was while waiting at the bar (which was was practically empty) i was kept waiting for several minutes and when a rather grumpy waitress came to serve me all i had was a "what do you want" with no apology for keeping me waiting and not even a smile!

But generally a lovely hotel which i would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2010

From the time we checked in till the time we left everything was fab. The staff could not do enough to help. My husband and I were welcomed by a lovely receptionist and helped to our rooms by another member off staff. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We choose to eat quite a bit in the hotel as it offered a great menu for both adults and children, the food was superb!
My 4 young children had a wonderful time the staff made us feel very welcome nothing was to much trouble.
The hotel was in a fab location right in the heart of the city. My family and i will be using this hotel again without a doubt.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2010

Dear ManchesterSuzie,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Belfast and that you experienced the warm, friendly and genuine welcome that Ramada Encore Belfast is renowned for.

I'm particularly pleased your sampled the fare from SQ Bar & Grill, our in house restaurant, as it is quickly becoming the place to eat in the Cathedral Quarter of Belfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Belfast, and in particular Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.