“Great Hotel, Excellent Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Douglas
“Great Hotel, Excellent Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

Stayed for two nights in May 2010. Couldn't ask for a better location in the cathedral quarter ideal for night life and city centre shopping. Hotel is really well presented, bed very comfortable. Free parking excellent. Only drawback would be that corridor noise is very easily heard from the room. If your in your 20s and in belfast for a good night out you couldn't get better.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 10 June 2010
Dear Andrea_M15,

I hope I can welcome you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon,

Jonathan Topping

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Isle of Bute, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

Just come back from a lovely weekend in Belfast. We were going to stay her for the three nights but they were fully booked on the Saturday. We stayed there on the Friday night and spent sat sun elsewhere. With the volcanic ash our flight was cancelled on mon so I went back to the Ramada and spoke with a really helpful lady on reception. She found us a room at the same internet rate we had paid on fri and was just wonderful. Although we had to stay another day the staff really made us forget about that worry. Great place close to everything.

Dear Tandbchis,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay despite the difficulties with flights during the volcanic ash disruptions.

I hope I can welcome you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

Having stayed recently on the two-night romantic package I think the deal (on their website) is very good value indeed. We stayed B and B for two-nights, had a bottle of prosecco and a box of milk tray in our room on arrival and a three course meal on the first evening of our stay.

The hotel’s reception and bar area is a clean and bright welcome. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was lovely. It was clean and had a great view over the city. The wooden floor was strange at first but we quickly got used to it. There were all the usual facilities, if a slightly more basic version of a wardrobe than normal – but it is a budget hotel after all. The breakfast was quite good. It was self service and there was plenty of choice for both hot and cold breakfasts.

However we did have a few issues.

Our meal (which was part of the package) was booked for our first night at 8pm. We had a call asking us to change it to 8.30pm – which wasn’t a problem. However, when we went for dinner, the restaurant was not even open! It took the staff a while to get themselves organized. Then, suddenly a waiter told us to get a table and order quickly, as they had a big table coming in. It was all very rushed and unorganized which continued throughout the entire meal. I was also very disappointed with the menu choices for us and would not return to the hotel for food. After dinner we went to the bar to get cocktails and when I asked for the menu the bar man said to me “ah come on, I have had a long day.” I hope he was joking – but I really didn’t appreciate that at all. I work hard and when I am off on holiday from work and in a hotel I expect to have a good time without taking flack from lazy barmen! When I ordered my first cocktail after much messing about they decided they didn’t have the ingredients, but offered me the next best thing, to which I agreed. Again, after some time they decided they didn’t have the ingredients for that either and offered me another. I then ended up being over charged for two cocktails (£8.95 each instead of £7.95 each - I only noticed this when I got home or I would have complained at the time). The cocktails are overpriced anyway in my opinion.

On the second night of our stay, we were out at a concert and came back to the bar for a drink. Unfortunately many other fellow concert goers had the same idea and the bar was literally bedlam! One barman, serving at a circular bar, meaning he was over worked and hadn’t a clue who should be served next. While I was waiting my turn he phoned someone to ask for help but it didn’t appear. After about half an hour he physically had to leave the bar to go and fetch help. It was a ridiculous situation (and not his fault I realise!).

Neither of us found the bed particularly comfortable and the pillows were pretty high. We found the bed quite small for the two of us and didn’t sleep so well here.

My final gripe - on the morning of our departure we had the room cleaners knocking us up at 8.30am and again at 9.30am. This was really annoying and peculiar considering we were leaving that day anyway. I would have put the sign out as I had the previous morning but because we were checking out I never expected them to be attempting to get in until we had checked out. Just another poorly managed service in the hotel.

The hotel has good potential, but a few things just need straightened out.

A big huge plus is that the hotel pays for parking in St Anne’s multi storey car park. This really is super, when so many hotels in Belfast cannot offer the same.

The hotel is in the lovely Cathedral quarter in Belfast and very handy for the shops in the city centre. It is also an ideal location for the Odyssey Arena and The Waterfront Hall which are all within a 10 minute walk.

Would I stay again? Even though it was good value and clean and bright…………..…no, probably not.

Dear TAmember13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I appreciate constuctive feedback which allows us to identify areas in which our level of service could be improved. Since reading your comments, I have spoken with my food & beverage manager about the issues you experienced and he assures me that steps will be taken to ensure that your experience will not be repeated.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your visit did not live up to your, or our own, high expectations and I hope that when ( and if ) you return you will experience the impeccable service for which we are known.

I hope I can welcome you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

rooms very clean and fresh , staff very nice and friendly , bar food good , very good location and good value . great night and metallica were unreal .

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 15 May 2010
Dear claonadh,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm particularly pleased that we were able to assist you when your booking agent let you down. Hopefully on your next stay you'll enjoy the award winning food offered in SQ Bar & Grill or sample our homemade burgers in our Hub bar.

Thank you once again for the review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Belfast and Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Kildare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

Lovely hotel right in the centre of everything - particularly handy if you are going to see shows in the Odyssey as it is only a ten min. walk away. Staff were wonderful when our booking agent cancelled the booking they honoured it and took on responsibility for helping us (thanks to Susan in particular!). Rooms are comfortable and clean and noise is minimal in the surrounding area. We didn't eat in but there are plenty of bars etc. around which do lovely food.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

Walking distance from town centre and arena/dock area. Popular with locals attending nearby events and hens/bucks nights as well as business folk who'd find the location ideal.
Lovely breakfast, if a little dear (watch for their promotional pricing). Funky bar run by the very capable day manager. Actually, all the staff were very helpful and accomodating. Main gripe would have to be that the all tiled floors unfortunately make extraneous noise a problem throughout the hotel. If you're a light sleeper you may want to consider this in advance when choosing your room.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Dear WorldTraveller5000,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff to have the warm and friendly welcome that Northern Ireland is justifiably famous for.

I'm disappointed that you found the decor, specifically the tiled floors in our public areas, not to your taste. This flooring is a standard in Encore hotels and compliments the funky and vibrant atmosphere of the hotel. I appreciate that it isn't to everyones taste, however we receive numerous compliments on the decor and ambiance of the hotel.

I hope that this didn't detract from your stay unduly and that I will be able to welcome you back to Belfast and the Encore soon.

Donegal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

Nice clean comfortable hotel, all staff were very pleasant and more than helpful, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I will be staying here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 10 May 2010
Dear KMC53,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to come back.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Belfast and the Encore soon.