“why is this only 3 star?”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 24 June 2010

stayed for 3 days on business , was extremly tired n quite tense after days out with clients , but thankfully this hotel , offered me no problems and made up my day (as much as it be asked too), checked in no prob, rooms , as ppl have said b4 are sparse, so some kind of extra shelving for clothes would be welcome. the bar and restaurant were amazing, the food in the restaurant is a far better offer than ive seen in any other 3 star hotel wherever ive stayed. the bar although a bit clinical in its design was great for watching the footie and the guys on the bar great for a chat . well done , and ill be certain to stay here next time im in the city.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

Dear stiritup32,

Thank you for your kind comment regarding your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Encore soon.

Jonathan Topping

Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Just back from a 2 night stay in the Ramada, and was extremely disappointed with our stay.
I'll start with the positives, the location is ok, and the free parking is very handy....Thats it.
Now on to the problems;
1. The staff were incredibly unhelpful. They were completely unable to provide any useful information. The appeared to be an extremely unmotivated bunch with little or no interest in customer service.
2. On Sunday afternoon after a long day touring the sites of north antrim we decided to have dinner in the bar/restaurant. I had a burger and my fiance went for fish and chips (there is little else to choose from so we figured these would be safe options!) The food was bland and tasteless and the quantities served were laughable. I was given the grand total of SEVEN chips, SEVEN chips to accompany a skimpy burger, and all this for the grand total of 10 pounds!!!!! I have never in all my years seen anything so ridiculous as my seven chips sitting on my plate, I actually called the waiter to see if he had dropped any on the way from the kitchen!!
3. The rooms have a spartan feel to them, the pillows (2 of) were tiny, there is no bath tub and also no air conditioning, this meant to avoid suffocating we had to leave the bedroom window open which made sleeping very difficult as there is a nightclub in close proximity.
4. The charge for internet access is also excessive, 9.99 for 24hrs is over the top seeing as the connection is quite slow and there is no wireless in the rooms. Allot of modern hotels do not have any charge for internet access,...
5. I saved the best for last..... After managing to finish my SEVEN chips, we went upstairs to discover that our room had not been cleaned by housekeeping, no clean towels, bed unmade, bins not emptied. I stayed in countless hotels around the world and in all my years I have never seen the likes of this. When I rang reception I was greeted with the usual enthusiasm, you'd swear I was in the wrong for ringing down for some clean towels to be delivered to the room. I know anybody can make a mistake but in the context of all that we have seen it was the straw that broke the camels back!

Needless to say we will not be returning to the Ramada, very disappointing all round......

1  Thank IrelandTravelmad

Dear IrelandTravelmad,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre and for your constructive comments. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to highlight service shortfalls and provide a constantly improving service to our guests.
I fully accept that there were issues during your stay and for these I sincerely apologise. Since reading your comments I have spoken with several of my department heads to ensure that your experience is not repeated.
I'm particularly disappointed by your comments regarding the portion sizes you received in our bar. We take pride in the quality of the food we source and the presentation of our dishes and we feel we provide value for money. Our chips are made from scratch in our kitchen and are not skinny french fries but are thick cut triple cooked chips, so it is quite possible that you received 7 chips, however this would have been a large quantity of potato!
I'm also disappointed that you felt that our staff were unfriendly as we try to ensure that each guest experiences the warmth of welcome and hospitality that Belfast and Northern Ireland and renowned for. If you read some of the other reviews posted on this site you'll see that your experience is not the experience of other guests of the Encore and for this I apologise.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that your experience was not the norm and simply a blip in our normally impeccable service and that I can welcome you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

Very nice modern hotel with very friendly & helpful staff. Clean, comfortable and good bar & restaurant facilities.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Vivagold,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Northern Ireland and the Encore soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2010

Myself and my friends stayed in the Ramada Encore in Belfast city centre.
We found the hotel to be brilliant and all the staff were very pleasant. The hotel was in such a great location, within walking distance to city centre shops, restaurants and bars/restaurants. We also went to the Oddysey while we were there which was only a few minutes away in a taxi.
We ate in the hotels bar at lunch one afternoon and ate in the restaurant in the evening which was lovely and reasonably priced.
Overall, we had a great weekend staying the Ramada and would definately recommend it to anyone visiting Belfast.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Irish_coleendonegal,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I@m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2010

The Encore is pretty close to the city centre, yet close to the Motorway, so easy to get to. Free parking was provided - nice considering city hotels often charge. Staff were friendly, but then I always found Belfast to be friendly. We ate here in the evening and found the food to be excellent. The bar is nice - very modern.

The rooms were the only let down. They had laminated floors rather than carpet. They were small, especially the bathroom. The tiny bathroom had a wet room style shower which meant that the floor of the bathroom was very wet after a shower. the TV had basic channels, no movies, and no internet. Having said that, rooms were clean and bed was comfortable,

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2010

Dear emmmcee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre.
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with however I appreciate your comments on our room design. The wooden floors in our bedrooms are a standards across the Encore brand as are the wetroom style bathrooms and are intended to reflect the modern minimilist atmosphere of the Encore hotels.

All our TV's have a wide range of pay-per-view movies and internet access is available through either wireless or also through our televisions. In order to avail of this service however, a pre-authorisation of a credit card is required on check in.

I hope this did not detract too much from your stay and I hope I can welcome you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2010

I stayed in this hotel this weekend and found it to be very noisy both on the corridors and outside the hotel.The rooms were very stuffy and no fans were available for use. As a result we had to keep the windows open. Guests who were using the residents bar were allowed to make a tremenduous racket outside the entrance of the hotel where they had to go to smoke. We were staying on the 1st floor above the entrance. The noise did not stop until well after 5 o clock in the morning. There was a stag party in the hotel and some of this party were staying in the room beside us. For over an hour, a man was shouting in the corridoor and banging on the door next to us to try to gain access to the room before hotel reception finally came up to allow him into the room. Overall, even though it is well located, I would not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Biddy1982,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us fully, however as a city centre hotel located in the heart of the Cathedral Quarter ( the cultural and social heart of Belfast ) a level of background noise is to be expected. However, we do employ security staff to ensure that this noise does not reach unacceptable levels and I'm disappointed that you were disturbed. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disturbance.

I hope you will return to Belfast soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Encore.

Reviewed 7 June 2010

We stayed here for 1 night.
Hotel staff were friendly and professional.
Multi- Storey car park close by which was included in the price we paid.
Great location for shopping and nightlife.
Rooms were clean and modern.
It was a shame the lights in our room didn't work but we were given 2 bottles of wine as a consolation.
We would most certainly return and recommend it

Dear Austin1976,

Thank you for spending time reviewing your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay despite the maintenance hiccup with your lights in the room.

I hope I can welcome you back to Belfast and the Encore soon,