“Mediocre”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 13 July 2010

This hotel is very convenient to everything downtown Belfast and within easy walking distance of the shopping district and downtown places of interest. My room was clean for sure, albeit sparce and the lack of air conditioning did pose a problem given it was so hot on June 26th and around that time. The staff on the front desk right from my check-in right through until my last contact with them late on the night of the 26th, (two different shifts of staff) were so unfriendly, it was almost as though it was an imposition to help the customer. Late on that night I needed a phone number for a friend, and neither of the two men on the desk were able to either supply me with a telephone directory (no directory in my bedroom) or were in any way interested in assisting me, even though they did not have a soul at the desk (this was around 11.30pm) and not a phone ringing either. I would not recommend this hotel given the attitude of the front desk staff -- have to say athough, the staff in the breakfast room and at the bar were very friendly -- it was almost like visiting two different establishments. I was visiting from Canada and most disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2010

Dear CarolEvelyn,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm disappointed to read that you didn't experience the warmth of welcome for which the hotel is renowned. I hope that when and if you return to Belfast you will give us the opportunity to show you that the hospitality and friendliness of our staff is indeed second to none. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 11 July 2010

Went for the weekend with my husband to celebrate his birthday, have stayed here before & really liked it so decided to go back. This hotel has free car parking which is great, the hotel is very modern, spotless clean & staff are all very friendly which is great. Breakfast was lovely, lots to choose from, we had dinner there the 1st night as it was incuded in the deal dinner was ok, not outstanding, just ok. Ordered rhubarb & custard for dessert & was v. disapointed when it arrived out the rhubarb was green!! & the custard was cold, i have never had green rhubarb & cold custard ever!!!Overall really enjoyed the the weekend in this hotel. I had stupidly not realised how close it was to the 12th July "Celebratations" so felt slightly intimiated by some of the other guests staying in the hotel who made it very obvious what they were there for but that wasnt hotels fault, obviously next time i stay i will make sure their are no "celebrations" planned.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear tinkerbellali,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope I can welcome you back to Belfast and the Encore soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

This is a modern, bright and clean hotel. It's located close enough to be able to walk to the city centre shopping, while a cheap taxi journey from anywhere in the city.
We stayed for 3 nights and found the staff very helpful and friendly, the room comfortable and clean and the Breakfast was fine.
Our only quibble, minor as it is, was the lack of pillows! We did request 2 extra, only one was delivered initially and a seconf the next day, after we raised this with front desk.
Please not that there is a night club some 200 mtrs from the front of the Hotel and if you are a light sleeper, request a room at the back! We are not, so it didn't disturb us much.
Overall this Hotel did pretty much as expected from it's advertising and it's location in an up & coming area is a great benefit to travellere.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear LucanBohs,

Thank you for reviewing your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently purchasing new pillow for all our rooms and these should be available for our guests soon - I'm sorry if you were inconvenienced during this transition period. I hope I can welcome you back to the Encore soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

I organised a group reunion, with the majority flying in from the UK. The hotel set up an account for all of my friends to make their reservations as we received a group discount, this made the management of payment, room allocation and attendance very easy. The hotel was bright clean and calming, the staff friendly, welcoming and courteous.
We were woke a couple of times in the early hours by inconsiderate guests. When we reported this to the staff, the manager offered us a FREE nights stay for me and my family. Our 4th stay will NOT be our last!
The hotel is situated in the Cathedral Quarter of Belfast, ideally situated for easy access to the City. I didn't receive any negative comments at all from our group. The breakfast meal which was self service was of a good standard and you had plenty of choice.

For price, service and location I think this hotel is hard to beat .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

Dear theulstereagle,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your reunion and in particular the Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm pleased that our team was able to assist with organising this event and making it as easy and enjoyable as possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2010

The hotel is nice and staff is efficient and polite. Good food. Close to downtown. But no air conditioning and window didn't open very far. Recommend you don't stay here if it's summer.

Dear Wilye3,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. Unfortunately the weather in Belfast is not normally as spectacular as experienced during your stay and as a result air conditioning is not normally needed - heating is more frequently required during our summer! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us though and hope I can welcome you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

The title says it all. Nice tidy hotel with all you would expect to go with it, the Location is realy great as you are within easy walking distance of all the action. Waterfront and Oddyssey 15/20 mins easy walk. City centre 5 mins. Located in the Cathedral quarter theres loads of restaurants and bars on your doorstep. We had pre show dinner in Hill Street Brasserie just 50 metres down the street opposite. Fantastic food and great value for money. 2 main courses/bottle of wine and cheeseboard £35. This is not a 5 star hotel but you will not be disappointed. A nice wee touch you park free in the attached car park, now thats worth money.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

Dear BigJohnDeere,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Encore soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

After reading some of the reviews on here I was worried but it was fine. Nice, clean and central - what more could you want. Free careparking is great.

Dear curvesmad,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted your stay exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Belfast and the Encore soon.