“Funky As Funk”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Funky As Funk”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Me and a freind stayed here for a weekend a few weeks ago and its absolutley marvelous. All the staff were very freindly and always made you feel very welcome. The two that we remember are the reciptionist Shauna, brillant girl good craic and very freindly and always had a smile on her face, go to the bar and you will meet the craziest but freindliest barman James, very pleasant and freindly, the girls called him a charmer as he was always smiling, happy and interacting with everyone telling them about belfast and the best places to go!! And, he just did the best pint of GUINESS (out of all the staff). The bedrooms are cool and practical. The bar and resturanunt were dead funky and felt very up to date. The food was outstanding except for the parfait but then again thats my own opinion. The manager mark or markus is a really down to earth man who will go out of his way to help you. I really do suggest people try this place out and its right in the heart of belfast which is even better as you have nightclubs and bars within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2010
Dear DaffyDuckOnTour,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and your comments regarding several of our team are much appreciated. It is always encouraging to read that our guests are experiencing the welcome and friendliness that we aim to provide. Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Encore soon.

Jonathan Topping

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Turkish first
donegal
Reviewed 10 August 2010

very friendly staff, rooms were clean, breakfast was fab, and free car parking...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear MariceDonegal,

Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre.

ireland
Reviewed 8 August 2010

stayed here for one night at the weekend.

postitives:
good location
free parking
summer saver deal (£60 for B&B vs normal rate of £105)
clean modern room
taxi to odyessey £3.50

negatives:
bedroom doors slamming most of the night kept me awake, soundproofing is rubbish!
'wet room' shower resulted in our bathroom being a complete wet room which is a pain when ur getting ready
tried to have dinner in hotel but staff did their very best to ignore us so we left and went to 'Hooligan' down the road, which is recommended

The noise of the doors all night is the reason I won't stay here again other than that though the location is good for shops, night out etc

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear IrishGirl15,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm disappointed that your stay didn't meet your or our own expectations. Since reading your comments I have spoken with our maintenance team to ensure that the bedroom doors will not slam and I have spoken with our food and beverage manager regarding the welcome you received. He has ensured me that his team will receive further customer interaction training to prevent your experience reoccurring.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that you experienced a blip in our normally impeccable service and I will be able to welcome you back to the Encore soon.

Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The hotel is in a great location for a night out in Belfast, The hotel it self is very clean, trendy and the staff at the hotel are one of the friendliest I have meet. The food at the hotel is excellent and nothing is to much bother. I would defo recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Heavens31,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted you enjoyed you stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Encore soon.

Looe
Reviewed 3 August 2010

After a long journey to get to this hotel - arrivingtafter 9pm, was told after a very long wait at reception that the hotel had been double booked - that they do it all the time and that I would have to wait until they found me an alternative. i was assured the alternative hotel when it was found would have a restaurant open - after a 45 minute taxi journey, I was taken to a (very nice) hotel right out in the countryside. With no transport this was totaly useless - i had a 9 o clock meeting in Belfast the next day with no way of getting there. What was worse is that the restaurant was closed and there was nothing round about - I went to bed eventrually with no evening meal. All this would have been bad enough had any of the reception staff or the duty manager at the Ramada shown any concern or politeness or undertsanding of my predicament. I will never ever book here again - and please take my advice - avoid it like the plague!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank GandGLooe
Dear GandGLooe,

Thank you for the feedback on your experience with Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm extremely disappointed that you didn't stay with us as you would have experienced the friendliness, comfort, warmth of welcome and fantastic food that are mentioned in the other reviews on this site. Unfortunately, on occasion, due to circumstances beyond our control the hotel finds itself in an overbooked situation. When this does happen, we ensure that alternative accommodation is provided in a hotel of similar or superior standard at no extra cost. We arrange transportation to and from the alternative hotel at our expense and do our utmost to minimise the impact of the change in travel plans to our guests.
I apologise that the restaurant in the alternative hotel in which you stayed was closed. As I'm sure you can appreciate however, we in the Encore, have no control over the opening hours of a competitors restaurant. I hope you will have an opportunity to stay in the Encore in the future and I will look forward to welcoming you should you choose to do so.

Northern Ireland
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed here for our 1st wedding anniversary in July. (this being our second stay at thishotel). Lovely modern clean hotel with friendly staff. Stayed on their romantic package which is really cheap and we even got a wee free upgrade to a corner room which is slightly bigger.
Could not fault the hotel and the breakfast/dinner was lovely.
I have gave it five stars based on the unbelievable cheap price which including free car parking.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear CitrusZest,

Thank you for your review of your stay in Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre. I'm delighted your were able to avail of our romantic break package, which we feel offers superb value to our guests and is available to book through our website. I hope I can welcome you back to the Encore soon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2010

No frills hotel - the location is good for shopping and the Odyessey Arena - staff were very helpful - rooms basic - bathroom basic - get a room at the back as it is quieter - food was good and not over priced nor were the drinks. Light and bright reception,bar and breakfast area's.All in all better that I thought it would be.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple