“Great Service & Price”

Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Service & Price”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Was a very good hotel with very friendly staff, very helpful, had everything we needed! Very clean and tidy, very quiet which is what we wanted. I stayed with my BF for my birthday and had a great time.Food was gorgeous and quick.. Couldn't ask for anything more! would recommend to friends and family.. Was very close to all shops, and bars

Room Tip: 2nd floor, corner
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thanks so much for your comments we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here will be delighted to receive your review, your feedback is so important to us in our endeavours to continue to deliver the highest level of service to our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
northern ireland
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Very good hotel, pleasant staff, you may think this would be a very noisy area, but not at all, infact quite quiet, very near to clubs, pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
So glad you had an enjoyable time at Ibis Queens Quarter, Belfast! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed here in order to attend a friend's wedding in the church next door.

We thought we were being very smart, booking a hotel next door to the church to make sure that we wouldn't have any trouble getting to the wedding on time, but little did we know about the slow service of the Ibis.

When we arrived at the hotel, first impressions were fine. We were shown to our room which was on the small side but adequate. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was spacious. The only bad thing about the room was the stains on the carpet.

With about an hour and a half to go till the ceremony, we thought we'd better start getting ready, showering, etc. and we called room service and ordered for some food to be sent up to our room (I think it was one sandwich and one hamburger but I am not entirely sure). We were absolutely starving having just flown into Belfast a few hours earlier. We checked when ordering and made it clear we were in a rush and they assured this was no problem, food would be right up.

About half an hour later, nothing. We called them, they said they were sending the food right up, but nothing. I mean really, how long does it take them to make a sandwich? In the end my other half had to go round the hotel in his tuxedo looking for the right people to ask about our food, until eventually, more than hour later my other half actually carried the food up to the room himself!

The receptionist was very apologetic and waived the cost of the food, but frankly I do not think this was good enough. We did not visit Belfast to practice waitressing. The whole point of our visit to Belfast was to attend a wedding and we missed the start of it. Boo.

I am sorry to say that I feel that the standard of service of this Ibis Hotel is below others I stayed in. Shame.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis Queens Quarter, Belfast. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 02890333366 or email me on h7288-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

n ireland
Reviewed 3 May 2012

No problems with check in....very friendly.
I stayed here with my husband and 6 other friends this is a great hotel if your up for a party just don't expect much sleep, I would say this is the norm at the weekend but during the week would be much quieter....the rooms were clean and modern everything I would expect from a hotel chain. The breakfast is a little cheaper if you pay on arrival, good choice of breakfast items.
We arrived back at the hotel at 2am the bar was very busy we sat for a few drinks and enjoyed the banter.....the bar prices are on the high side.
All in all a lively weekend would recommend it to my friends and not to my mum and dad.

Room Tip: room looking onto church
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
We are delighted that our hotel continues to meet your expectations and you are happy with the consistent level of good service you have received. Thank you for your feedback it is very important to us in our endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customers’ requirements. We look forward to seeing you again in future.

Rouen
Reviewed 1 May 2012

A French visitor's first time in Belfast motivated by all the Titanic advertising on French TV. 5 nights with B&B booked from France.Large, beautiful but icy, draughty room on arrival (stormy weather). This was immediately changed on request. A good locality in the University area next to a church. Do not be put off by the many run-down or boarded houses, these are an unfortunate but general feature of Belfast city-centre. The hotel is about 1,5km from the rail and bus station. I always walked to and from the centre without any trouble. On the contrary, people are always willing to help ...and that includes the hotel staff. Ibis hotels are very reliable. A really enjoyable stay seeing a new musical, Belfast Castle, the country roads lined with flowering gorse and, of course, the new Titanic attraction!

Room Tip: My first room with a big bay window looking out onto the street would be very pleasant in summer.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
We are glad to hear that your stay with us was relaxing and that we exceeded your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated we have a superb team here who are committed to ensuring our guest enjoy their time with us. They all will be delighted to hear your comments. Thanks so much for your review we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Reagards

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Ibis Belfast had no record of our reservation upon arrival which we had booked and paid for in advance. We were then dispatched to a disabled room as there were no others available. Reception were very helpful the following morning and moved us a couple of doors down. We were on the first floor and had not been informed that there was also a stag do occupying the whole floor. The noise was awful pretty much the whole of the Friday and Saturday night, Saturday being the worst when it sounded like the whole of Belfast's womenfolk had come to visit. I feel the hotel could have dealt with the situation better, knowing they had the stag do they should have allocated other guests more appropriate rooms. I have no complaints whatsoever about the staff who should be commended on their willingness to help but unfortunately for us it was all too little too late.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Queens Quarter, Belfast very soon.

Kind regards