“Weekend”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Belfast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stopped over in Belfast midweek for two nights for a job interview. I stayed at the Botanic Rest for the first night (see separate review, 5 star rating) and thought I'd go "upmarket" (its all relative!) the following night, staying at the Ibis just around the corner. As it transpired, the Botanic Rest was the far superior and much better stay (at £33 including an en-suite single room with cooked breakfast included). By way of comparison, the Ibis was a bit more expensive - I paid £39 for the night which all things considered it still pretty cheap - and didn't include breakfast. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful enough and the location is good, just off the Botanic Avenue, about a 15 minute walk south of the Belfast city centre. However, the hotel was a bit bland and sterile, as is many of these modern mid market hotels. The room was a decent size but the bed was quite hard and the TV didn't work. I also got the feeling that the room hadn't been fully cleaned properly. The en-suite bathroom is basically a pod type structure. It was all decent enough and functional, but the room and hotel lacked character and wasn't particularly homely or inviting. If you are looking for somewhere cheap, comfortable and convenient to the city centre, then I would by far recommend the Botanic Rest just around the corner. I've therefore given the Ibis an average review - decent but by no means nothing special. It was somewhere to get the head down, and probably not a lot more

Room Tip: My room, 602, had nice long distance views of the Antrim countryside outside the city.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear EJB1976,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review. As a customer service focused hotel we take all your comments on board as we strive to provide a high standard of service for all our guests. I am saddened to see that overall you found our hotel bland and sterile.
I do hope that this will not deter you from returning in the future.

Kind Regards

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My partner and I visited Belfast for New Year 2014 for three nights and this is where we stayed.

The hotel is located in the Queens Quarter of Belfast, not far away from the University (hence the name of the street it's on!). It is roughly 10-12 minutes walking distance away from the epicentre such as the City Hall, shops, bars etc. We had no problems checking-in and the guy on reception was kind enough to give us a map of the area and explained where everything was so we could immediately get our bearings.

Our room was nice and clean, although the bathroom was always very cold and didn't have the usual frosted glass window you find in a bathroom. Instead, it was a long, thin transparent window which to me was rather odd so for peace of mind, we had a towel constantly wedged in it to try and deter any nosey neighbours or passers-by. The bed was fine and comfy and there were the usual facilities in the room eg; television, tea/coffee items etc. The floor was that glossy, wood-like stuff which was nice and smooth on the skin of your feet, but does make one hell of a noise when walking on it with shoes on, as we found out one night from next door. Everything was fine apart from the last night where in the early hours of the morning, we could hear quite a bit of noise coming from the room next door. It seemed to last a while and I almost got up to speak to the night manager, but I think I must have fell asleep as it was pretty late. The next morning I spoke to the lady on reception and she couldn't apologise enough and assured me that she would be having words with the neighbours in question, as soon as she saw them. She even gave me her e-mail address and offered to give us a discount, should we stay there again in the future.

Another negative with the hotel was that the electronic key cards we were given did not last the full 4 days and stopped working after about a day. After speaking to the man on reception and getting new ones, they seemed to work fine...until they ceased from working yet again after about another day. After speaking to him for a second time, he provided us with yet more key cards and these seemed to work fine, although I had a funny feeling that had we not been going home the next morning, they'd have probably stopped working again later in the day.

We never ate any meals in the hotel so I am unable to comment on this.

To sum this review up; a hotel which is located in a nice, quiet area away from the city centre with decent rooms and friendly staff, but needs to sort out one or two of the basics.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Mikey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review through trip advisor. As a customer serviced hotel your feedback is very important to us.
Please be rest assured that we did take note of our comments during you stay. I did speak to the people next door (making the noise), they were totally apologetic. They had just came in from a night out and did not realise they were as noisy as they were. In regards to the key-card, unfortunately we do find that when guests keep their card next to credit cards etc, mobile phones the magnetic strip deactivates. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for for review. I do hope that you take me up on my offer for your next visit.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've stayed at the Ibis Belfast City Centre a couple times, and this was the first time staying at its Queen's Quarter branch - we definitely won't be going back to the CIty Centre hotel! The room definitely seemed bigger (and better maintained) than ones we've had in City Centre, and overall the staff were friendly and helpful. We were right next to the elevator, but you couldn't tell - I didn't really hear any noise besides normal footfall through the corridor.

We didn't have breakfast the next day, so I can't comment on the food or service there, but the bar area itself seemed nice and a good place for a drink in the evening. The price was also hard to beat (£45 for a Friday night) though I booked through Booking.com and not the hotel's website, so their own prices might be a bit higher. Would definitely stay in this hotel again!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Eagle_expat,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us.
Please contact us directly for all the best prices and offers available on 02890333366.

We look forward to your next visit.

Plymouth, Devon
Reviewed 19 January 2014

...can make such a difference. In our case, this was Rebecca. Overhearing our conversation at the front desk, she rang through (unbeknown to us) to see if there was a table for six at a particular restaurant. There was, she told us this was one of three local possibilities that served quality fare. We visited and were amazed. Two other establishments she recommended were also visited and we were pleased.

As for the rooms, they are the homogeneous (or near homogeneous) Ibis product so no surprises there. As to the location, it depends on what you want to see in Belfast as to whether this is a good location or not. It really is quite some distance to The Titanic Experience but colleagues took taxis and said the fare was reasonable when split several ways. We walked and this permitted a lengthy visit to St George's Market...wonderful foods.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank plymouth
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review. Here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter we pride ourselves on our customer service, therefore I am very glad that I was of service. I am also delighted that you had a enjoyable stay. Your group was one of the best that we have ever had stay with us.

We sincerely hope your travels brings you back in our direction.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I recently stayed here on a trip from London, for the price its just what you need an easy, hassle free check-in, the room was clean and well maintained and bed was comfy too so ive no complaints, location is very good too we were about 10 min walk from city centre which was a plus as theres loads of pubs, restaurants and takeaways on route.

Would recommend the ibis to anyone looking a comfortable and clean stay in Belfast at an affordable price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear James,

Thank you very much for your review and also your recommendation. I am delighted to see that every aspect of our hotel met and exceeded your expectations. As a customer service hotel we absolutely love to see that our hard efforts are being recognised.

We look forward to your next visit.