“Wonderfull hotel with awesome service”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Westmalle
“Wonderfull hotel with awesome service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It's a nice hotel with very welcomming people. F.e. Thomas at the bar or reception would gladly help you with any problem, advice on your travel or just a nice chat. Standaard ibis rooms with view on the nearby church.

• Stayed July 2014
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Laurentstudios,

Thank you soo kindly for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments to Thomas and know he also will be very pleased.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing stay here, the staff couldn't do enough to help us, going out of their way to make sure we were as comfortable as possible, especially Thomas, he impressed the hell out of us and made us want to stay another night just for the hospitality. Thank you so much for making the last 2 nights of our 2 week adventure in Ireland fantastic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Justin,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am very delighted to see that you and your family had a pleasant and relaxing time with us. I am also happy to see that you were impressed by Thomas and his charm- he is our little gem!! I will pass on your regards to him and the rest of our team and know they all will be thrilled.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

Belfast
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for leisure. The first room stank of smoke we then got moved to one that stank of vomit. On our arrival we met a stag do leaving and clearly they wrecked the place! We were then moved to a larger room on the top floor, it was very cold, no remote control, telephone was not working and it was very bare, basic and we just felt like we were staying in someone's spare room. When we left, we realised my husband forgot his phone charger we rang, the receptionist told us initially there was nothing left behind. A week later he rang again to be told there was a charger and they would post it out. He rang a few days later to say it hadn't arrived and was told it had definitely posted, the receptionist gave him a lot of sarcasm on the call. A few days later it arrived post marked the day after we last called. My advice, stay clear, the one in the city centre is usually the same price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank holly678
Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. As a customer service focused hotel I am very disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am also very confused regarding your complaint.

Regarding the issues with the smells of the rooms, after you reported the smells from both rooms you were very promptly moved to a different room. The Duty Manager also offered you a complimentary drink for the inconvenience. The Duty Manager and the Housekeeping Supervisor went to both the rooms in question and were not able to smell smoke or vomit. I would also like to state that both these rooms were used that night and both guests were very pleased with their stay.

Regarding your issue with the tv remote. As soon as you informed the reception that there was not remote in the room, one was immediately delivered to you. On your departure the housekeeping staff found 2 remotes in your room. In regards to your comment about the phone, I personally went to the room and found the phone in good and working order.

Regarding your complaint about the phone charger. Firstly after your partners first call, the receptionist called him back after 5 minutes not a week later as you stated. As you did not take the complimentary drink for the above complaint I agreed to pay the postage charge for the charger, at that time I did make your partner aware that the post office in our area was closed on a couple of days, therefore there would be a delay in receiving the charger. As the hotel has no links with the Post office I am unable to see how we could have delivered it any sooner.

canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel was fun and had great staff at the hotel. A big thank you to Thomas and the rest of the staff for making my stay fun and exciting. Thomas told some great stories and had some very good recommendations for restaurants and places to see. The hotel is a nice 10-15 min walk to down town and there are lots of good restaurants around the hotel. If you are looking a good accommodation at a reasonable price this is a good hotel for your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator so its quiter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear EddiPT,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review regarding your recent stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am very pleased to see that you had a fun and exciting time with us. I will pass on your regards to Thomas who I know will also be delighted.

We do hope it's not too long before your next visit.

Kind regards

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Ibis Queens Quarter hotel was absolutely perfect. All the staff and especially the receptionists (Thomas, Katie, Damian, Rebecca) were extremely helpful and friendly. The location was ideal (15 min walk to city centre), near the University and the Botanic Gardens as well as a train station, and surrounded by many small restaurants, coffee shops etc. Neighbourhood was lively during the day and evening and safe and quiet at night. Room was very spacious, clean and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor facing the church next door. No noise whatsoever, a very light room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear nmhtheunissen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay with us at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us and that our hotel, staff and location was ideal for your visit. I will pass on your comments to the rest of our team who I know will all be chuffed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel over the weekend. The room was modern and very clean. It was centralized but there was no noise. The area around it was very safe. The room was spacious and had air-conditioning which came in useful as it was a warm weekend. The staff were very friendly especially Thomas. He was recommending places to go to and was chatting away with us and even stayed behind after his shift ended to continue filling us in on what to do. I couldn't fault the staff or the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Belfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Alan,

My team and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your review. We are thrilled to see that you had a wonderful stay with us at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter and also for your high recommendation. I will pass on your comments to all the team including Thomas who I know will be chuffed.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.