“A home away from home”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A lovely place the staff Rebecca and Katy couldn't have been more welcoming . The room are lovely and clean and my room was very quite and peaceful at night. The food was outstanding and a good choice of different things to eat. All in all I would recommend this hotel very much.

• Stayed: July 2014
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Andy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter and also your title "home away from home". My team and I are thrilled to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the hotel facilities / amenities, location to the staff. I will pass on your comments to Katy whom I know, like myself will be chuffed.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Air conditioning in the room, very helpful staff (Samantha looked up lots of tours etc for us), very comfortable stay, brilliant location for food & amenities!

Parking is only available on the street but is free outside the hotel

Dear Tessa L,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I am very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay with us at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter and that our facilities, staff and location were ideal for your stay. I will pass on your comments to Samantha who will be chuffed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

It's a nice hotel with very welcomming people. F.e. Thomas at the bar or reception would gladly help you with any problem, advice on your travel or just a nice chat. Standaard ibis rooms with view on the nearby church.

Dear Laurentstudios,

Thank you soo kindly for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments to Thomas and know he also will be very pleased.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing stay here, the staff couldn't do enough to help us, going out of their way to make sure we were as comfortable as possible, especially Thomas, he impressed the hell out of us and made us want to stay another night just for the hospitality. Thank you so much for making the last 2 nights of our 2 week adventure in Ireland fantastic.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Justin,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am very delighted to see that you and your family had a pleasant and relaxing time with us. I am also happy to see that you were impressed by Thomas and his charm- he is our little gem!! I will pass on your regards to him and the rest of our team and know they all will be thrilled.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for leisure. The first room stank of smoke we then got moved to one that stank of vomit. On our arrival we met a stag do leaving and clearly they wrecked the place! We were then moved to a larger room on the top floor, it was very cold, no remote control, telephone was not working and it was very bare, basic and we just felt like we were staying in someone's spare room. When we left, we realised my husband forgot his phone charger we rang, the receptionist told us initially there was nothing left behind. A week later he rang again to be told there was a charger and they would post it out. He rang a few days later to say it hadn't arrived and was told it had definitely posted, the receptionist gave him a lot of sarcasm on the call. A few days later it arrived post marked the day after we last called. My advice, stay clear, the one in the city centre is usually the same price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holly678

Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. As a customer service focused hotel I am very disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am also very confused regarding your complaint.

Regarding the issues with the smells of the rooms, after you reported the smells from both rooms you were very promptly moved to a different room. The Duty Manager also offered you a complimentary drink for the inconvenience. The Duty Manager and the Housekeeping Supervisor went to both the rooms in question and were not able to smell smoke or vomit. I would also like to state that both these rooms were used that night and both guests were very pleased with their stay.

Regarding your issue with the tv remote. As soon as you informed the reception that there was not remote in the room, one was immediately delivered to you. On your departure the housekeeping staff found 2 remotes in your room. In regards to your comment about the phone, I personally went to the room and found the phone in good and working order.

Regarding your complaint about the phone charger. Firstly after your partners first call, the receptionist called him back after 5 minutes not a week later as you stated. As you did not take the complimentary drink for the above complaint I agreed to pay the postage charge for the charger, at that time I did make your partner aware that the post office in our area was closed on a couple of days, therefore there would be a delay in receiving the charger. As the hotel has no links with the Post office I am unable to see how we could have delivered it any sooner.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel was fun and had great staff at the hotel. A big thank you to Thomas and the rest of the staff for making my stay fun and exciting. Thomas told some great stories and had some very good recommendations for restaurants and places to see. The hotel is a nice 10-15 min walk to down town and there are lots of good restaurants around the hotel. If you are looking a good accommodation at a reasonable price this is a good hotel for your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator so its quiter