“Amazing hotel”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed in the hotel from Monday to Thursday, the hotel overall was excellent and could not fault a thing, the breakfast in the morning offered a wide variety of options and was really nice, the menu for dinner or lunch was also good value and had a lot to choose from, the staff were exceptional especially Thomas who was really helpful and recommended lots of different things to go and see! He also told us stories of the local area and arranged the bus tour for us, he even stayed after his shift to talk to us, the room itself was great and very clean, thank you everyone at the hotel making my first visit to Belfast a very enjoyable one and hopefully my first of many visits! Thanks again and hopefully see you's all soon! From ian

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Ian,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay with us at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am delighted to see that every aspect of your stay, from the hotel facilities, location to the staff (esp. Thomas and his entertainment) exceeded your expectations.

we look forward to your next trip.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Arrived just before midday, tired after an early start and delayed flight. Initially very impressed. Friendly lady on reception explained one of our party had already arrived and checked in to his room. Said that there would be a small delay whilst the other three rooms were cleaned.

Though we were all very tired and the confirmation from the hotel said rooms available from midday we said it wasn't a problem as we'd pop out and grab some brunch. She said rooms would be available shortly and by one pm at the latest.

We went for a walk and had a leisurely lunch before visiting the ulster museum. All in all we returned after 3pm.

By this time the early start had started to catch up with a few of us so we wanted to go back, check in and grab a snooze before heading out later.

Unfortunately we were informed that none of the rooms were ready having not yet been cleaned. There was little apology in the statement and we were simply told to wait 20 minutes or so.

We politely asked what the delay was (we understand that things happen from time to time beyond someone's control) but the response was simply that the rooms weren't ready and that check in should have been 2pm not 1pm as we were told earlier.

We were forced to try to catch a nap on the benches in their bar area (which I have only had to do in hostels when I have arrived ahead of check in time).

Even when we showed the staff their own emailed confirmation which stated check in was from midday this did not prompt an apology. Instead there were muttered conversations between other members of staff noting that "Accor are now telling people check in is at twelve". Again no apology for the apparent error on their part simply check in being processed almost 4 hours late as if nothing was wrong.

The rooms are serviceable (a bit like student halls) with a bathroom 'pod'.

The decor was okay but some things a bit tired such as the TV (remote batteries held in with brown tape).

Corridor floors had rubbish in them.

Squeaky bed that seems fairly cheap but is nonetheless welcome!

The highlight was finding a spare third pillow on top of the 'open plan' wardrobe.

All in all a budget hotel charging £74 a night (without breakfast) that is more akin to a hostel. Just a shame about the lack of customer care!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or a hostel (which would be similar but cheaper)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A lovely place the staff Rebecca and Katy couldn't have been more welcoming . The room are lovely and clean and my room was very quite and peaceful at night. The food was outstanding and a good choice of different things to eat. All in all I would recommend this hotel very much.

Dear Andy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter and also your title "home away from home". My team and I are thrilled to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the hotel facilities / amenities, location to the staff. I will pass on your comments to Katy whom I know, like myself will be chuffed.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Air conditioning in the room, very helpful staff (Samantha looked up lots of tours etc for us), very comfortable stay, brilliant location for food & amenities!

Parking is only available on the street but is free outside the hotel

Dear Tessa L,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I am very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay with us at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter and that our facilities, staff and location were ideal for your stay. I will pass on your comments to Samantha who will be chuffed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

It's a nice hotel with very welcomming people. F.e. Thomas at the bar or reception would gladly help you with any problem, advice on your travel or just a nice chat. Standaard ibis rooms with view on the nearby church.

Dear Laurentstudios,

Thank you soo kindly for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments to Thomas and know he also will be very pleased.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing stay here, the staff couldn't do enough to help us, going out of their way to make sure we were as comfortable as possible, especially Thomas, he impressed the hell out of us and made us want to stay another night just for the hospitality. Thank you so much for making the last 2 nights of our 2 week adventure in Ireland fantastic.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Justin,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I am very delighted to see that you and your family had a pleasant and relaxing time with us. I am also happy to see that you were impressed by Thomas and his charm- he is our little gem!! I will pass on your regards to him and the rest of our team and know they all will be thrilled.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for leisure. The first room stank of smoke we then got moved to one that stank of vomit. On our arrival we met a stag do leaving and clearly they wrecked the place! We were then moved to a larger room on the top floor, it was very cold, no remote control, telephone was not working and it was very bare, basic and we just felt like we were staying in someone's spare room. When we left, we realised my husband forgot his phone charger we rang, the receptionist told us initially there was nothing left behind. A week later he rang again to be told there was a charger and they would post it out. He rang a few days later to say it hadn't arrived and was told it had definitely posted, the receptionist gave him a lot of sarcasm on the call. A few days later it arrived post marked the day after we last called. My advice, stay clear, the one in the city centre is usually the same price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holly678

Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. As a customer service focused hotel I am very disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am also very confused regarding your complaint.

Regarding the issues with the smells of the rooms, after you reported the smells from both rooms you were very promptly moved to a different room. The Duty Manager also offered you a complimentary drink for the inconvenience. The Duty Manager and the Housekeeping Supervisor went to both the rooms in question and were not able to smell smoke or vomit. I would also like to state that both these rooms were used that night and both guests were very pleased with their stay.

Regarding your issue with the tv remote. As soon as you informed the reception that there was not remote in the room, one was immediately delivered to you. On your departure the housekeeping staff found 2 remotes in your room. In regards to your comment about the phone, I personally went to the room and found the phone in good and working order.

Regarding your complaint about the phone charger. Firstly after your partners first call, the receptionist called him back after 5 minutes not a week later as you stated. As you did not take the complimentary drink for the above complaint I agreed to pay the postage charge for the charger, at that time I did make your partner aware that the post office in our area was closed on a couple of days, therefore there would be a delay in receiving the charger. As the hotel has no links with the Post office I am unable to see how we could have delivered it any sooner.