“Excellent in every way!”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Falkirk
“Excellent in every way!”
Reviewed 13 October 2010

The service was second to none; friendly, informative, helpful. The breakfast was fantastic, the Belfast bacon is to die for! Everything you could want to set you up for the start (& rest of the) day, is available & served in an extremely clean environment. The rooms are spacious, exceptionally clean and well stocked with tea/coffee etc. We particularly liked the location, which was in a nice part of the city. It was quiet, but in walking distance to restaurants, supermarkets, banks, museum, botanic gardens, city...it had it all!
Bookings for Giant Causeway tours, (McComb, with Norman!) hired cars etc, can be booked easily from the hotel (although, I would avoid 'Enterprise' and go for AVIS, 5 min walk. Enterprise is 10 mins drive away and although say they will pick you up & drop off, leave you stranded to get a taxi back...costing £6/£7!) Overall a definite to return to, without a doubt!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
Dear HMalloy, Thank you for your encouragable review. I have passed your comments on to the staff here at Ibis Queens Quarter and on behalf of them and myself would like to extend our thanks to you. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that we may be able to welcome you back again soon to Ibis Queens Quarter. Kind Regards, Robert Dalton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
Geordie
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Very good and quick check-in. Room turned out to smell strongly of smoke and was exchanged after complaint.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Dear qub47. Please let me extend my apologies to you in regards to the room you were checked into at first but i am glad to hear that you were looked after straight away. The staff and I here at Ibis Queens Quarter hope that we may be able to welcome you back again sometime in the near future hassle free. Kind Regards, Robert Dalton
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2010

From checking in to checking out this hotel was excellent. We arrived at the hotel an hour before we were due to check in however the girl at reception said she would not have us hanging around when she was able to give us our room straight away.

Our room was lovely and exceptionally clean. When we requested more pillows this request was dealt with immediately.

We booked the city tour bus through reception and when the bus didn't turn up staff phoned the company and then the man waited outside with us until the bus arrived. Very attentive service.

We had breakfast both days and my only little niggle is that the hot items could have been hotter and the croissants would have been better warmed.

The members of staff we dealt with were Aisling and Robert(?). I have stayed in a number of hotels and I have never come across service that was as good as what they gave.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear lac80, Thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed on your encouraging comments to Aisling and on behalf of myself and Aisling we would like to extend our thanks to you both and we hope that we can see you again soon here at Ibis Queens Quarter. Best Wishes, Robert Dalton
Wiltshire
Reviewed 9 October 2010

The Ibis Queens Quarter is ideally located for the business traveller with business in Belfast being close to Botanic Avenue and in easy reach of the city centre. The Hotel is clean with really helpful staff and comfortable rooms in good condition. Breakfast is provided at reasonable cost although the hot items could be kept warmer. It has no car park but there is free on street parking after 5pm.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear Mobileconsultant, Thank you for your encouraging review. I have passed on your comments to the staff here at Ibis Queens Quarter and they extend their thanks to you as do I and we hope that we may be able to welcome you back again sometime in the near future. Kind Regards , Robert Dalton
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I have really enjoyed my stay here at the Ibis, all my life I have wanted to come to Ireland and it was definitly worth the wait. All the staff at the Ibis are extreamley friendly and helpful, given the choice I would definitly travel to belfast more often and the ibis would always be my choice of accomidation. Thank you you to everybody at the Ibis, you have made this a lovely stay for both myself and my fiancee.

Noel Wheatley.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Noel. Im glad that we were able to live up to what you were expecting on your first visit to Ireland. I have passed on your encouragable comments to the team here at Ibis Queens Quarter and they extend their thanks to you and your fiancee. Everybody here at the hotel hopes that we can welcome you both back again in the near future. Kind Regards
Robert Dalton
Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 September 2010

This was a good working base for a short business trip to Belfast

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear Edinburghgold, Many thanks for your review. The staff and management here at Ibis Queens Quarter hope that we may be able to welcome you back again sometime in the near future. Kind Regards, Robert Dalton
portstewart
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Stayed at the Ibis for one night. A very well run, clean hotel, just the job for a short stay in Belfast. We were very impressed with the room. It was clean, spacious and quiet. If you are looking for an affordable hotel near the centre of Belfast then look no further than this one. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
ibisbqq, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 1 September 2010
Dear Markeportstewart
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Ibis Queens Quarter, Belfast. I have passed on your encouragable comments to the staff here and they extend their thanks to you. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back sometime in the near future.
Kind Regards