“Not as good as it used to be”
Review of The Jharna

The Jharna
Ranked #182 of 1,050 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Lisburn Road
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I used to go to this restaurant on a monthly basis for years, working away from Belfast meant I couldn't go as often and hadn't been for a while until recently.
Excellent surroundings and service as usual, but unfortunately the food quality had suffered a little.
The curry was slightly watery which left a puddle on the plate at the end and the portions had decreased in size from what I remembered.
It's a little pricey too in comparison to my new favourite Indian which is closer to the top end of the Lisburn road.
It's still worth a visit though, but I think a little more work is involved in returning to the Jharna of old before I would contemplate a return in the near future.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Ken E

Belfast
“Reasonable food, pricey in evening, worth for takeaways”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We tried this restaurant yet again as my wife insisted.
We were a party of 2 adults and 2 children. We were made to wait for 20 minutes...reasonable as we did not have a reservation. We were made to feel unimportant....probably their policy to say they do not need any people from their own country. 4 of us...a bill of 52 quids and left 3 quids as tips..

I personally will not go back there but will possibly will recommend to my local friends to visit once and make their own opinions!

• Visited October 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Deliciousness.”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I am a vegetarian as is my OH and we just love Indian food and the Jharna. Normally we go to the restaurant but tonight couldn't be assed, too much hassle getting baby sitter etc.. We ordered a takeaway and were expecting to be disappointed. How wrong can one be? Was totally gorgeous, possibly the bext yet. My four star reflects the price which is on the expensive side for a takeway for two. However don't let this put you off. The food is just yum.

• Visited October 2012
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

What can I say, great food, great staff and a good price for it being in a city.
Wouldn't think twice about recommending it to family and friends.

• Visited August 2012
Driffield, England, United Kingdom
“A commendation”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

A really good authentic Indian restaurant lovely food, helpful staff all round wonderful venue. Staff will advise so if you are an Indian new-by this will not distract from your enjoyment.

• Visited August 2012