“Very good budget hotel in city centre”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
New York City, New York
“Very good budget hotel in city centre”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Whilst this is a budget hotel it was clean and had everything I needed for a two night work trip. The room is a reasonable size, okay it is rather sterile but I didn't expect luxury. The bathroom is one of those moulded complete environments with a toilet and basin in a huge plastic shell that seems plonked in the corner of the room but the shower area was huge and they supplied lots of shower and hand washing gel etc.

The breakfast wasn't great to be honest, I pre-booked and paid the discount rate of £4.95 but the eggs were cold and rest of offering a bit lifeless, but there are many cafes around offering better for around the same price so have a little walk.

Room was very quiet and I would happily stay there on a work trip again. I rated it based on the fact it was cheap at £90 for two nights, was clean and quiet and very central.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
dear Lee_bear, Thank you for your kind review for Ibis Belfast City Centre. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. In relation to the breakfast please be assured that i am looking into this. i hope that we maybe able to welcome you back again in the near future.Kind Regards, Robert Dalton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 January 2012

It had been over 10 years since I was working full-time in Belfast and this part of the city is now transformed. Only a 2 minute walk from the best pubs in town, the location is very accessible by car-I was collected by colleagues during my stay. One of them joined me for breakfast which was excellent as usual. The service was superb and the rooms and hotel were spotless and even the layout was excellent-front desk is in same room as breakfast room. I will return here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear accorhotel user, Thank you so much for your fantastic review for Ibis Belfast City Centre. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your return trip to belfast and we were able to be part of it. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind Regards, Robert Dalton
dublin
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Perfect budget hotel, spotlessly clean, walking distance from everything in the city. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Also cannot praise the people of Belfast enough, they are so welcoming and smiley, as a fellow Irish person I have never come across such a lovely atmosphere in a city before.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank dalkeydasher
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear Dalkeydasher, Thank you so much for your kind review for Ibis Belfast City Centre. It is always a great pleasure to hear from our guests how much they enjoy their stay with us here. The staff and myself would like to extend our thanks to you and we all hope that we may be able to welcome you back again sometime in the nearfuture. Kind Regards, Robert Dalton
Belfast
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed a while ago and the staff were unhelpful and had no personality. Quite rude to be honest. Wont be returning.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Michael M, Thank you for your recent review for Ibis Belfast City Centre. But i am quiet surprised with your review. Here at Ibis city centre we consistantly recieve praise and compliments in relation to the staff helpful ness and friendly attitude towards all our guests that stay with us. But i am dismayed that you appear to not have experienced this 6 months ago in August of 2011. I hope that i may be able to welcome you back again and show you what a great winning welcome we show all our guests. Kind Regards, Robert Dalton
West Midlands
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My son and I had a room each for an overnight business trip.

The hotel itself is quite modern and the rooms we had were faultless. We both slept well, though the bed and the pillows were on the hard side in both rooms which was a bit of a disappointment.

There are pre-fabricated, plastic bathroom pods rather than proper en-suite bathrooms and only a shower, so no bath.

But, it was functional and everything worked, though I should have remembered to bring my own soap and shampoo - I didn't like the stuff that was provided. I tghink it was "Lux" but in any event, too perfumed for my liking.

The staff were very nice and pleasant in the evening and pointed us in the right direction for a 10 minute walk to Nandos. Scary walk though - tramps drinking in the street and gangs of teenagers on every corner. I suppose the secure entry phone at the hotel should have served as a warning. Things didn't look much better in the morning.

Drinks at the hotel bar were excessively expensive and should be avoided if possible. There must be better places to grab a drink.

Breakfast was a big disappointment. As others have commented (I read reviews after booking ours online), there's a very basic selection of hot food and no choice of eggs. Scrambled only, which is poor in any kind of accommodation.

The bacon and sausage were all but gone by 9am and I had to request that the stock was replenished, which I thought was going to get me into an argument with the one member of staff available to ask.

It took 10 minutes before any more hot food was forthcoming, which isn't acceptable for a hotel of this size.

All in all, it was a pleasant enough stay, but let down by he poor showing at breakfast and the seemingly unwillingness to to put things right. You have to ask yourself how hard it can be to fry an egg!

Sorry, but at £6 for a breakfast, I expected more, otherwise I'd have awarded a better rating.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Eggbilly, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Belfast City Centre, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. Kind Regards, Robert Dalton
Scotland
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in January 2012. I paid circa £35 a night and found the hotel to be of fantastic value.

The location is brilliant; close to restaurants and bars, all of which are a few minutes walk away. The rooms were superb; warm, comfortable beds and I really liked the bathroom, was pretty cool. The shower was powerful and there was shower gel/shampoo etc therein.

A special mention for the staff at the hotel who were so friendly and helpful; we were welcomed with a smile and nothing seemed to be a problem for them. I was particularly impressed by this, considering the hotel is really only a 2/3 star.

Flatscreen TV in the room which has a good selection of channels.

Good prices for food and drink in the bar, really liked the reception/foyer area also.

Highly recommended in every aspect and will definitely stay here again. No wifi in the hotel but not such an issue to be honest.

TIP: Cafe Vaudeville is beautiful, would really recommend eating here during the day and also has a safe, fun and friendly atmosphere in the evening.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank elninomagico
Dear PcatdollJA, Thank you so much for your very kind review for Ibis Belfast City Centre. It is always a pleasure to hear how much our guests enjoy their stay with us. On behalf of all the staff and myself we would like to extend our thanks to you. I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the near future. Kind Regards, Robert Dalton