“Perfect location!”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The hotel's location is just perfect. The Europa Bus station is only a 15-minute walk and shops & the city centre are just around the corner of Castle Street. Everything is within walking distance. We were in Belfast to attend a concert and we walked right up to the Odyssey in 20 mins. Another plus: There's a supermarket right opposite the hotel.

Check-in & check-out were fairly easy. Except that we booked a double & twin room months ago and it turned out there were no twin rooms available when we arrived.

Rooms were clean & it looked like it was all just redone. We were a party of 4 so we had 2 rooms. One just regular size, the other bigger, as it turned out to be a disabled room. This room was extremely hot though, even though we'd had air conditioning on 16 degrees the entire day. Bathrooms were clean, really good showers. Bed was a little hard, but we did have a good nights sleep. My friends did not though, as they heard the couple in the room next door having sex most of the night, they could almost make out everything they were saying. So you can imagine they weren't too pleased. Our room was at the front, right above the entrance, and the road was pretty busy during the day. But it was totally quiet at night. First time for us to sleep well without needing ear plugs.

Breakfast was pretty ok, but not much to choose from. But then again it was only 5 pounds, so what would you expect. Crossaints weren't really tasty, the apple juice really really sweet.

And another thing we were kind of surprised about: We came down to have dinner on Saturday afternoon (5.30) and sat down in the dining area, at one of the set tables. Staff were cleaning the area. And we were sure the reception staff had noticed us, but still they totally ignored us. Okay, maybe we should have gone up to tell them we wanted to have dinner, but then again, if you see guests sitting down, don't you come over to ask if we'd like anything? So we decided to leave and have dinner somewhere else.

But besides that we had a pleasant stay overall and I'd certainly recommend the hotel for it's location and price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lautje1987
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Many thanks for your feedback. I am disappointed that you not fully enjoyed our sevices and rest assure you that I certainly look into your comments and do my best to not to let this happen again. We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kind Regards
Vikrant Tyagi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,761)

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I had booked a twin room as I had planned to visit hotel with a friend. However, due to a change of plan my husband and I checked in. I asked if the twin beds could be pushed together but I was told by the hotel staff this was not possible after having been told by Ibis Central reservations that this would not be a problem as the beds are designed so that twin beds can be pushed together. The room was clean and perfectly adequate but there was no coffee or tea available in the room. I had prepaid breakfast and was shocked at how dreadful the breakfast was. There was a scorch mark on the wall above the toaster where it had obviously burned the wallpaper over time. There was no orange juice available but the most basic brand was brought out when I asked despite a sign stating that the breakfast juice was fresh. The cooked breakfast was completely unappetising. The eggs were brought out in a microwave container and the breakfast area was very dirty. Although I had paid for two breakfasts I just had a banana as the other food was well below the standard expected. This was my first stay at an Ibis hotel. I usually stay at the Premier Inn which is excellent both in customer service, cleanliness and quality but I decided to try somewhere different. I was very disappointed with the whole experience. :(

1  Thank Caroline M
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on 02890238888 or email me at h7288-gm@accor.comif you’d like to discuss things further.

Kind regards,
Vikrant Tyagi

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Honestly We have just returned from the Ibis City Central in Belfast and cannot complain about it, right at the top of a side street off the main shopping street in Belfast, room was clean, bathroom I thought was cool, great shower, yeah bit strange that door didnt lock but can live with that, what do you want for the money, we got a great deal for three days and anyway we just used it as a base to sight-see,....first day was hop on/hop off bus tour, got it for £10.50 and valid for three days and stayed on it for the full loop approx one hour 30 minutes and then decided where we wanted to go back to.......went to visit the Ulster museum which is just around the corner from Queens University , fantastic, and no cover charge, not open on a monday so choose your day wisely,stayed there for hours so much to see, didn't have time to see the dinosaur exhibition so much other stuff on offer, well worth the visit..... visited the Botanic gardens next door to the museum, lovely and again free,...... following day was the Titanic museum, allow a good three to four hours here and before you go up the stairs it is worth buying an audio handset for three pounds as it saves you standing around too long in an area, the day was not overly busy when we were there but still crowds gather around the information boards so it can get crowded and if you have the audio handset it saves you having to read all the info on the boards....very well put together museum...after that himself walked half a mile to the titanic pump house and museum which he thought was great and took another couple of hours to see all that, i meanwhile got the bus back into Belfast, cost £1.40 into city centre, bus lets you off just beside city hall and all the main shops are along this route....all in all fantastic city to visit, weather was fab and would recommend a visit to anyone and also ideal location of the Ibis, we came home very happy!!

1  Thank col2007
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was dragged to this hotel for a brothers birthday. There was 10 of us in all. 5 twin rooms booked!
However myself and my friend discovered we has been given a double room with a fold out which was the most uncomfortable thing ever and also broke! The room was tiny plus with the fold out was basically a walk in closet! The pod like bathrooms are a disaster with no locks on the doors and walls of rice paper! Not the most pleasant thing as you can imagine. The shower however was ok. Our room did look into an apartment complex though and people coming and going could see right in! The place is also a sauna.. so hot! The air con is pointless as it only blow hot air??? They also don't believe in changing bed sheets or towels as they want to save the trees according to a document left in the bathroom....Not very nice when you are staying for over 1 night!

''Breakfast'' Is as you would expect hot trays of nasty meat and scrambled eggs. I didnt touch this I just had an apple and warm orange juice.

This hotel is really just a hotel people seem to go to when they are on a drinking weekend for whatever reason so It seemed.

Would never stay here again if possible!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2012

this hotel is ideal for short visit to belfast, its not a fancy hotel but suites day tripers, we found it good value for money and we would return again

Room Tip: great location, but no frills
Reviewed 13 May 2012

stayed for two nights, hotel is very clean, we had no problems whatsoever, near the town centre, 5 minutes walk,we were there for a visit to the Titanic Exhibition,

Room Tip: we had a room looking onto street where there is a taxi rank, you could hear people talking waiting...
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stayed two nights this hotel is in a perfect location for everything we wanted to visit in Belfast ,room was always clean and breakfast was nice i would definetly stay again