“Like the curate's egg - good in parts.”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The bed was firm and comfortable as is usual in Ibis hotels. and both room and bathroom clean and fresh though the Dove-dispenser in the bathroom had become detached from the wall. However, even with the aircon running, the room was too warm for me to sleep under the duvet but not warm enough for me to sleep without it! Opening the window cooled things a bit, but there's always some noise in a city centre so that didn't really help.

But the real let-down was the breakfast - the orange juice was warm and sticky (broken chiller?), the bacon and sausages dried-out from being left too long under the heat lamps, the toaster only toasted one side of the bread, and the selection was generally far less appetising than in other Ibis hotels I've stayed in. On the plus side the coffee was plentiful and excellent.

The staff were notably cheerful and friendly and the rate I paid was very competitive. This place was OK for a one-night stopover but I wouldn't want to stay longer - or if I did I'd breakfast somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mkjock
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

We are delighted that your visit to our hotel was a good one, and that our location and service met your expectations. I will certainly look into your comments and action on issues you have mention. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Ibis Belfast City Centre

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The rooms were very warm even when aircon was on scrambled egg at breakfast wasn't a nice colour . Bar had no lager at our meal at night they had no toffee apple sponge and steak pie didn't come with any gravy.The hotel was in quite a noisie area you heard the sirens all night.I don't think I would go back there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank EDG1011

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you were not completely satisfied during your last stay with us in Belfast. We will be carrying out a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your arrival.Contact me at any time on 02890238888 or email me at h7288-gm@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further. As you mention we are Good Value for money Hotel I hope your previous experience will not stop you choosing us again and looking forward to welcoming you back to Ibis City Centre, Belfast in the future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hotel is in good location for all amenities .Clean and comfortable, good value for money. Staff very helpful. Would recommend to anybody.Tour companies pick up from outside hotel. Few problems with breakfast but overall reasonable as included in our price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RodeE

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable, and that our hotel is situated in a quiet location and very near to all the bars and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Regards

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable. Shower was very effective. Breakfast was OK, and the staff were helpful, immediately sorting out a blocked sink. At first the area seems run down but the hotel is very handy for City Hall and Great Victoria Stree which has lots of pubs serving food. Hotel is also handy for Falls Road. Lots of buses pass the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John H

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2012

The location of this hotel is very good: all the attractions are within walking distance and the high street is just a couple of mins away; it's also closed to the Causeway Day Tour pick-up point. An Iceland supermarket is just across the street. We paid £55 for a double with en-suite and king size bed. Breakfast wasn't included but it was easy to find a cafe nearby. Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jing L

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis City Centre, Belfast very soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Standard IBIS rooms....but really bad location. Seemed to be an all night drinking party on the street outside. When I mentioned this to reception on the way out....the attitufe was "well what do you expect n a city centre hotel".....

Room Tip: The highr the floor, the better I would imagine
Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Declan S

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us. I do agree due to City Centre location streets sometimes on weekends get busy till late in night. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we have taken steps to avoid this happen again by allocating room at the right side of building on guest arrival according to their individual needs and expectations. Feel free to contact me on 00442890238888 or email me on h7232-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Basic but the pillows were atrocious. Air con needed to be turned to fan not cool in order for it to work, as such we had a hot, uncomfortable night as the service staff did not tell us until the morning.

Internet is pay for use.

For the price will stay at Days rather than the Ibis again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on 00442890238888 or email me at h7288-gm@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further.
Kind regards,