“Good Value Ctiy centre hotel”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 21 October 2013

You get what you pay for! Decent location and good price. If you are looking for somewhere to stay on a budget, then this place ticks all my boxes, well nearly all.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Spacious bed and generally well kept.
Bathroom is reminiscent of a cruise liner. Really is. If you have cruised before, you know what I mean. Very clean and good power shower.

Breakfast was included in the rate and free wifi as well. Car parking is free Mon-Thu if you are staying at the hotel. There are two car parks practically opposite. Make sure you use the first one as the other larger car park isn't free to use.

Downsides: Lift wasn't working during my stay. Newmarket have a coach itinerary based here, so at certain key times in the morning the remaining working lift was in constant use and a 3-4 minute wait wasn't uncommon.
Area: Night time was a bit dodgy with a few 'strange' looking characters hanging about. It is a little intimidating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable clean rooms, breakfast and free car park facilities. I am sorry that you feel our Hotel is in intimidating location as we receive great feedback from all guests for our comfortable hotel and its prime location, which is in the heart of the city. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Regards

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Advertised as a 3 Star hotel this hotel met all expectations. Comfortable, quiet, clean and, apart from a non-working lift during our visit, absolutely perfect for our needs during out short stay. The staff were helpful and friendly and unobtrusive throughout our stay. The surrounding streets can be intimidating as they are not the most salubrious, but access to the city centre is quick and easy. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis City Centre, Belfast. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Good location, helpful, cheerful staff. Practical, comfortable room, good breakfast after a good night's sleep and a powerful shower. Ibis is a value chain, so I do not know what else they would want me to say

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis City in Belfast. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 14 October 2013

For the price, it was okay. It was clean and quiet. They had a restaurant on site (which stops serving food at 9 pm) The pre-fab bathroom door wouldn't close. The young man who greeted us when we first arrived was very nice, but the rest of the staff, including the manager was rude and could have cared less if we were there or not. The location is excellent, right in the city center.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis City Centre in Belfast. I would like to confirm that we serve dinner till 9.30pm and after that we serve our 24/7 snack menu.I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 02890238888 or email me on h7232-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed in the Ibis hotel Castle Street Belfast on Sunday 13/10/2013.Found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable,staff very professional,i will use this hotel again and tell others,we used three taxi drivers and found them all very pleasant and polite really impressed,its nice to be nice.

Chris Bleary Portadown

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis City Centre in Belfast again very soon. Kind regards,

Perfect central location near to Cathedral Quarter for good restaurants
Staff extremely helpful
Great full english breakfast
Room perfectly adequate with modern stylish shower facility- all at a good price.

CAN'T FAULT IT

Phil Market Harborough

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2013