“Excellent Budget Hotel - couldn't recommend it more! Would go back!”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights during October with my two children ages 4 and 1.5. The staff at this hotel could not have been more helpful. They allowed me to store food for my children in the fridge and they heated a bottle for the 1 year old each night. They were understanding when my daughter broke a glass in the dinning room - this was the kitchen staff and they didn't fuss when they were noisy (not that noisy). THe breakfast is buffet, plenty to eat, more than you could. I would often come down late, 9 to 9.30am and there was always plenty left, some times just fried eggs no scrambled but that was ok. I got the deal with the breakfast included. They rooms were nice a modern and they were cleaned and made over every day. I also got fresh sheets every third day. I felt completely safe here and felt I could leave things in my room with no issue. The bathroom was your typical UK bathroom small but bigger than most and clean. The roof did need a bit of a wipe over but the cleaning staff probably never looked up at the roof. When I booked they organised a corner room so that I would have more room. There was a bit of street noise but nothing too loud. Not a great area, across the road from the black cab rank but very central, two minute walk to city shopping. Convenience store across the road, not open late though. THis was a great hotel for value for money and I met lost of local and international tourists at breakfast that made the stay more pleasurable, great chat. Tours are available from the desk too, very easy to organise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thanks for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, it really matters to us that you enjoy your time and that every aspect of your stay meets your expectations. Thank you for your comments regarding our team they will be very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Belfast City Centre

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend of 25th-27th. The friday was mostly spent resting from travelling to belfast. So i really have no comment for the friday. Although staff on this night were great considering they seemed understaffed. On the saturday night in particular, a member of staff who wasnt working on the first night of my stay, seemed more concerned with the phones and seemed to blatantly ignore me on several occasions. I cant quite recall his name, although he had a beard and glasses. He seemed less concerned with actual customers than he did with people on the phones and on more than one occasion reception was unstaffed, with the staff member i mentioned not seeming to care.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank raymond1090

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on 02890238888 or email me at h7232-gm@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I chose the Ibis for a 3 night stay to "sample" Belfast city centre, and it ticked most of the boxes. In terms of location it is a brief walk from the Europa Bus Sation, at which which the efficient airport bus sets down and picks up passengers using the International Airport (£10.50 per person, return fare), and convenient for walking to most sights of the city centre (albeit taxis are plentiful and not too expensive, and the drivers universally friendly and helpful). We had a nightly rate of a bit over £60 per room including an adequate breakfast, with cooked or cold "self serve" options, which we thought good value. Staff were universally helpful, friendly and efficient and we were very grateful to be found a room "early" on arrival. Unfortunately the lift lobby area had a distinct smell of urine, which gradually dissipated through our stay, but this did not permeate the rest of the establishment. The room had a very comfy bed and pillows, good curtains, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdrier, useful sitting area with chairs and reasonable lighting options. Reasonable TV but remote a bit difficult- maybe just low on batteries. Decor a bit plain, storage/hanging space modest, towels small and window not opening (but quickly fixed). The en suite had all that was needed (shower, sink, WC, mirror, etc) but we found it a bit odd- rather like a system built, mainly plastic "pod" designed for relatively short life to be slotted out and replaced with a new unit when worn out. It did the job for our stay but any longer and we would have found it too impersonal- imagine something like an oversized airline WC cabin with a shower. Notwithstanding the pretty central area we did not find street noise that intrusive and whilst there were a few drunks hanging around the atmosphere of the immediate locale was friendly enough. So in summary you could say that the Ibis has been system built and planned to operate to a budget but is well served by excellent, friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wart1

Thanks so much for your comments we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here will be delighted to receive your review, your feedback is important to us in our endeavours to continue to deliver the highest level of service to our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stay a this hotel very frequently - and am welcomed back by the friendly staff each time. They check me in without any fuss, and always ensure that I get my favourite room. Check-out is equally without any fuss. During my stay I am greeted by name whenever I leave / come back into the hotel. If I need something, nothing is too much trouble for the various staff members whose names I too have got to know! There are many hotels I can and have stayed in in Belfast -but now I always come back to this Ibis as I am so well looked after: it's like a home-from-home!

Room Tip: the top (9th) floor rooms have great views over Belfast - and are quieter as they are further up fro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your review of our hotel. It is great that our well-located hotel and facilities met your expectations and made your stay a comfortable one. We regard you as a loyal costumer and thank you for your repeat business.Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

perfectly positioned to visit Belfast this Hotel is also near the train and bus station with access to the airport. Rooms basic but have everything you need for a short stay. Breakfast was excellent, if a little expensive and a nice choice of meals for the rest of the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable, and that our hotel is situated in a central location and very near to all the bars and restaurants. Thanks for your feedback and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hotel in a good location for shopping and sight-seeing. Comfortable clean rooms, great power shower. Hotel staff helpful and polite. Food in the hotel was average. Expensive for drinks in the hotel bar but then again they usually are.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis City Centre, Belfast very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2013

You get what you pay for! Decent location and good price. If you are looking for somewhere to stay on a budget, then this place ticks all my boxes, well nearly all.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Spacious bed and generally well kept.
Bathroom is reminiscent of a cruise liner. Really is. If you have cruised before, you know what I mean. Very clean and good power shower.

Breakfast was included in the rate and free wifi as well. Car parking is free Mon-Thu if you are staying at the hotel. There are two car parks practically opposite. Make sure you use the first one as the other larger car park isn't free to use.

Downsides: Lift wasn't working during my stay. Newmarket have a coach itinerary based here, so at certain key times in the morning the remaining working lift was in constant use and a 3-4 minute wait wasn't uncommon.
Area: Night time was a bit dodgy with a few 'strange' looking characters hanging about. It is a little intimidating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable clean rooms, breakfast and free car park facilities. I am sorry that you feel our Hotel is in intimidating location as we receive great feedback from all guests for our comfortable hotel and its prime location, which is in the heart of the city. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future