“Will return !”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with friends over a weekend.
Hotel in good location secure parking across the road , a short cab ride from shopping and resteraunts or 15 mins walk.
Staff were helpful and friendly and hotel was basic but clean and quiet.
Could not find fault with this ibis and as far as budget hotels go this was excellent. The breakfast was cheap but good a nice selection and served quiet ĺate I'm the morning which suited us perfect for the weekend that was in it.
So overall I was very happy to stay there and it exceeded my expectations.
Next time I'm in Belfast it will be top of the list.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review through tripadvisor. I am delighted to see that you had a pleasant stay here at ibis Belfast City Centre and found that the hotel staff, breakfast, location and facilities exceed your expectations.
We also do hope to welcome you back again in the not so distant future.

Kind regards

Vikrant Tyagi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My adult daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in April. I must admit, I was quite worried that it would be awful because it was such a good price, $AUD488 for 5 nights. But what a surprise! The room was lovely, really nice and clean, timber laminate floor, so no awful questionable carpet and nice comfy bed with plenty of room for the two of us. The bathroom "pod" was plenty big enough with a very large shower and sink with lots of room for toiletries. I also loved the fact that we could open our window to let the fresh air in. We were on the 8th floor and did not notice any noise from the street. I am a very light sleeper and did not have my sleep disturbed at all. We were on the front of the hotel overlooking the city and taxi shop and still did not hear any unexpected noise. Our floor was also very quiet, even over the weekend when a few hens parties were checking in, lucky for us they were put into rooms on the 1st floor.

The free wifi in the room was also a bonus as I thought I had read somewhere that only an hour or something like that was free and then you had to pay for longer, but this was not the case. Each day we just picked up the wifi password from the front desk and had free wifi for 24 hours.

The housekeepers were all lovely ladies, very friendly and always smiling. The front desk people were helpful, calling a taxi for us when we checked out early in the morning and calling our car hire firm for us as we didn't have our own phones.

We didn't use the hotel for breakfast but did order food from downstairs one night. You just go downstairs and order your food (you can possibly phone from your room, but we went down), they prepare the food for you and you can take it back up to your room or eat it downstairs.

There is a Europecar hire car office attached to the hotel.

We had no problems with the location of the hotel. We were two women and felt safe at all times, even walking back at night. The hotel is basically in the city centre so it was a short walk to where the larger shops and restaurants are located. During the day there were always taxi's around and there is parking right across the road which I believe is free most nights for hotel guests and a small charge on weekends.

Really the only extra thing that I would have liked would have been a small fridge in the room, but it really wasn't a problem and for the price I understand that I can't have everything! :)

We booked our room through Hotels Combined which then redirected our booking to venere.com . I could have received an even cheaper rate if I had booked earlier as the price went up about $20 because I was procrastinating so much about whether to book this hotel or not! My fault, next time I will book earlier.

We had a fabulous time in Belfast and if I am ever back in Belfast, I would not hesitate to stay at the Ibis City Centre again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are possibly quieter. Book early for a cheaper rate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for your comments we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here will be delighted to receive your review, your feedback is important to us in our endeavours to continue to deliver the highest level of service to our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Ibis Belfast City Centre the night before the Belfast marathon and was a very pleasant experience. The rooms were immaculate, the wifi was excellent (hard to get in Ibis hotels) and the staff incredibly kind, giving us advice on where to eat the night before and taking our luggage to collect after the race. Best of all was the value, £40 for a twin room!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis City Centre, Belfast again very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

very good location and hotel would pay for the parking
good service. great room for short stay. bed are comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis City Centre Belfast. For Hotel guest our car park is free of charge Mon-Thurs and only £6 for 24 hours for Fri-Sun. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were relocated to this hotel by another hotel group who were unable to accommodate our party due to a problem with their building. the rooms are typical Ibis layout but were comfortable and clean and serviced daily to keep them that way. Staff were helpful and cheerful. The restaurant had a good selection of food and this was very nicely cooked and presented. Breakfast had a good selection of foods and the hot foods were cooked in small quantities and kept topped up so they did not appear to have been sitting about for a long period of time. The location of the hotel is handy for bus and train stations and for the city centre. It can be a little noisy outside at night which may disturb some visitors but overall this is a comfortable and reasonably well maintained place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malcolm T

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis City Centre, Belfast. As a customer-focused hotel we endeavour to deliver the highest level of service for our guests and it is great that you enjoyed our service,accommodation and breakfast facilities. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Our party of 21 stayed here for four nights at the end of April. The visit went well and we found the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally placed so easy to access restaurants and public transport. The adjacent street is a bit run down but otherwise the surroundings are fine.
We had our own coach and getting it to the hotel door is possible but there is no parking for a large vehicle; this had to be arranged elsewhere.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is probably quieter as it's away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review. We are very pleased that your group enjoyed your stay with us, it really matters to us that you enjoy your time and that every aspect of your stay meets your expectations. Thank you for your comments regarding our team they will be very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The thing with Ibis is that you figure you know before you arrive what you're going to get. The furniture in the room at Ibis Belfast, for example, looks remarkably similar to, say, the Ibis in Buenos Aires. Unfortunately, in this case, and despite being a Accor Le Club platinum member, the room I was initially allocated was grubby, the air conditioner didn't work and the wifi signal was so weak that it kept dropping out. And it was the disabled room, which is probably really useful if you're disabled, but things like the odd shower setup can be a bit off-putting if you're not.

I had to raise it twice before a more proactive staff member offered to shift me to another room. It was always going to be a pain, having just unpacked everything after 30 hours of flying, to repack and move my things. But it was worth it. While the new room was slightly smaller, it was cleaner, the cabin-style bathroom was excellent, the air con worked and the wifi signal was perfect. My only question is: why didn't the staff member who checked me in offer me that room on day one?

The included Irish breakfast was more than adequate and the location of the hotel was very central.

As others have mentioned, the system for logging into the wifi network is a bit annoying but the wifi speed (in the better room and in the public areas) was good.

My quality of sleep was not amazing. The room is not soundproof and the "blackout curtains" anything but - with light streaming in on either side of them from early in the morning.

All in all, though, I had a pretty good experience here after a disappointing start.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us at Ibis Belfast City Centre. I apologise that start of your stay didn't go quite well but happy to see that staff able to resolve the issues. Considering the reviews regarding wifi we have now made changes to our free wifi log in process. To make it easier guest only now required to enter there email address instead of creating whole account with network provider. It is great to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with our hotel and our great team here met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.