“Great vibe & excellent staff”
Review of Vagabonds

Vagabonds
“Great vibe & excellent staff”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in mid-April. Was only planning on staying 2 nights, but that quickly turned into four. The vibe of this hostel is great - it is so easy to meet people and the staff are always up for a pint or game of pool.
The city was quiet as I was there over the Easter weekend, so I was very lucky to have picked such an interesting place to stay. Highly recommend!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Glasgow, UK
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here a wee while back, while on a weekend jaunt to NI. This was the first time I've ever really been able to make myself at home in any kind of hostel. The place was spotlessly clean, homely and had a dead fun vibe about it. Also, the staff are incredible. Really knowledgable. In short, this hostel is perfectly geared towards what a traveller would want and need. Perfect hostel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Penrith, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

What an amazing backpackers experience. Not only where the staff really friendly but the type of people that this backpackers attracted were some of the friendliest I have encountered in my travels. The rooms are spacious and clean, the bathrooms are in good working order and of modern standard.
Vagabonds offers a place to sit and chill after a long day on the road with several lounges, tonnes of movies to watch and plenty of books to read. Table tennis and a pool table are also available
The kitchen is probably the only downfall. It is modern and features everything you could need however it is a bit small and hard to navigate.

Breakfast is included and includes fruit, bread, cereal, tea coffee and juice.

Room Tip: Rooms in general are good value and spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Best! Not only in Belfast but the top of my list of all time. I would come back to Belfast just for this hostel!!! I loved it the people were amazing the staff amazing the rooms great it was decorated great! I even hurt my back traveling and they helped me find a chiropractor :-) you must stay here, even our Black Cabs Tour Guide told us it was the best one in the city !

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Southern Province, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Very friendly staff who make you feel like you've been friends for ages. Gave a useful tour of the hostel and all it's facilities and amenities. Provided free ear plugs (absolute saviour from snoring room mates and noisy social butterflies outside on the deck). Free taxi phone by reception desk. Lockers in room (bring own lock or buy from reception). Felt safe. Had cameras watching all communal areas. Free breakfast of toast and cereal. Free tea and coffee. Cool walls and rooms. Free DVDs and TV to watch. Table tennis and pool table. Close to city centre (bout 15-20min walk)

Not enough power sockets in the rooms. Especially not enough for the 14 bed rooms. The few available were inconveniently by the bottom bunks so no chance of top bunkers charging their devices.

Highly recommended

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is without a doubt the friendliest hostel I have ever stayed at. Great atmosphere, great location, great staff!! I was traveling alone and when I checked in at the hostel I asked about the black taxi tour. They said it would be cheaper if I went with some other hostel guests and they would be happy to arrange it for me. Had a fantatstic tour and got to meet and befriend some of the other guests. The staff is happy to offer advice and help arrange whatever activity you want to plan. The staff cooked dinner for us one evening and then we all ventured out together to take in a local pub. It was an absolutely fantastic evening. City center is a short 15 minute walk. Plenty of shopping and restaurants around the hostel. Nice short walk to the University and Botanicals. Very pleasant walk to the Titanic museum. I wouldn't stay anywhere but here when in Belfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had the most amazing time at Vegabonds for St Paddy's weekend. I arrived with my housemates and we were looked after very well from the moment we got there. Vegabonds has a very homely feel and you feel very welcome as soon as you walk in the door. The staff were great, we got a tour of the hostel upon arrival and were informed of the events they had organised as well as things to do around Northern Ireland. Each day the staff greet you over the free delicious breakfast as they go about their work and each night they drank with us and showed us a really good time in Belfast, including Filthy McNastys, Laverys as well as having the best time playing pool and table tennis out the back. By the end of the stay they were like our family. A very special thanks to Javi, Frankie, Rich, Allana and the rest of the staff for making our trip one of the best weeks in the UK to date!
We are all looking forward to returning some time in the future :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends