Vagabonds
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$182
US$203
US$200
US$180
  • Pool
Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$125
US$153
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$180
US$137
US$130
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfree breakfastbed dormcommon roomfemale dormhostel guestsfun place to staycommon areasblack cab tourcity centreplenty of hot waterbotanic gardensthree nightswould definitely stay here againmin walknorthern irelandcerealbackpackers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hostel is young, friendly and trendy. If you are in that bracket it's for you. I booked in but soon realised that I needed at my age (49), a little more privacy and quiet. I also need to sleep on a more comfortable bed. I changed to the Hostelling Association Hostel down the road. The people at the desk were very flexible about the change of mind. Vagabonds is known in Belfast as THE party hostel so if you're into that - go for it. Its right near all the late night student venues and you'll meet lots of friendly young people.

Room Tip: Maybe private rooms have better beds
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sharerez
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm. The bed was comfy and clean, and the individual bathrooms have been recently renovated to hotel-level quality. There are two big common rooms, one of which with large dining table. The kitchen is a little cramped but more than enough space for several people to use at once. There's also a nice big outdoor area with pool + Ping-Pong. The staff is fantastic, they take groups out every night to the local pubs and will help you book anything you need while in Belfast. Couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kyle S
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Let me preface this review by saying although I have stayed at quite a few hostels, I am not the hostel demographic. I enjoy hostels mostly because they offer affordable accommodation in good locations - not as much for the partying and social aspect, therefore my review is somewhat bias...

At first I was definitely impressed by this hostel - really interesting decoration, clean, homey feeling. It was a bit of a walk from Belfast Central with our luggage but doable.

All good until the first night...It was very very loud - everyone was socializing and having a good time and that's fine and then it got quiet around 11:30, but then much later, it seemed when the 'pub crawl' returned there was a lot of yelling until very early hours in the morning. If you're on the first or second floor and want to attempt a good nights sleep I would bring earplugs.

Another negative was that various things in the room didn't work. I tried to turn one of the lamps on to find out that there wasn't even a light bulb in it. Tried using the tv in the room but that didn't work at all either. I'm aware that this is more of a place where you only use your room to sleep in but sometimes it's nice to be able to just veg-out by yourself.

Overall it was okay for a hostel, but if you're just looking for cheap accommodation and don't like to constantly be around other people I would splurge for a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura G
Reviewed 28 July 2014

all in all we had a very pleasent stay at Vagabonds. We met some nice people and the bathrooms/sleeping places were clean and comfortable. also the location is very close to some bars and restaurants. Definitely a recomondation from my side.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed in a 14 bed dorm which usually would be terrible, but my stay at Vagabond was actually quite pleasant. The rooms and bed were clean. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, and there was a free breakfast in the morning which made my good stay even better. I would definitely recommend Vagabonds to any backpacker visiting Belfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends