“A real home from home!”
Review of Whitehorn Cottages

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Whitehorn Cottages
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My partner and I had the most amazing relaxing weekend in North Down a few weeks ago, we wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle in Edinburgh, and to top it off, we felt spoilt in a family run cottage, in the heart of the peaceful countryside.

Whitethorn cottages was easy to find using the directions on their website, just minutes away from Newtownards and Bangor centre, and only 15 minutes drive from Belfast. We were pleasantly surprised to know we were staying in a modern, but very stylish and homely two story cottage.

On our late arrival we were met by the lovely William and Joanne, who were more than helpful from the booking stage, to our departure. Although on hand, the owners were not invasive. Their personal touch, made our weekend stress-free, especially to get a lift into town to sample the night life. The next morning we were so delighted to find fresh fruit, milk, bread and jam, which helped to kick- start our day. For an evening with a difference we had exclusive use to their library, games room and pool table.

The cottage was clean, modern and everything you expect from a 5* hotel, but with all the extras: of countryside views, your own cooker, dish washer, leather sofa, open hearth fire, double glazing, ensuite, Jacuzzi and your own private garden.

I would definitely recommend Whitethorn cottages, and although there was just the two of us, each cottage is suitable for at least 4 adults, and a fantastic spot for a family getaway!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank C C
There are newer reviews for Whitehorn Cottages
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I stayed at the Whitethorn Cottages with my husband, my 4 year old son, and my parents who had just flown in from the U.S. We stayed for 4 nights and the cottage was perfect for our needs. The location is great and the cottage itself was comfy, clean & in a quiet area. It was just what we needed after our long days touring around the area. The hosts, William & Joanne, couldn't have been more helpful and made us feel very welcome.
I would highly recommend this place for anybody looking for a home away from home. We will be back next time we are in the area!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank KristyGalway_Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2010

My husband and i stayed at these holiday cottages with our 8yr old son just before xmas. This was the first time i had ever been away over xmas in 45 years so i was aprehensive.I neednt have woried.When we arrived there was a huge log fire lit for us and the cottage had been decorated with everything you could imagine for xmas in your own home,amazing.there was trees xmas decorations,cards and twinkling lights everywhere .There was a huge wicker basket with every frersh fruit you could imagine and a fridge with essentials to start our holiday.The accomodation itself was better than any 5* accomodation i have ever stayed in.There was ample fresh towels ,soaps ,fresh dressing gowns and the list is endless.I cant rave about this place enough .The perfect location for touring Belfast and the surrounding areas.The owners were very friendly without being interfering.The perfect irish hosts.We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank morag1959
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Strangford Arms Hotel
#25 of 50 in Belfast
Hotel Etap Belfast
Hotel Etap Belfast
#31 of 44 in Belfast

Been to Whitehorn Cottages? Share your experiences!