“One of our favorite hangouts!”

George's Of The Market
Ranked #179 of 1,135 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: Irish, British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: St George’s Bar and Grill has been dubbed the hidden gem in one of Belfast’s oldest and most beautiful buildings, St George’s Market.Nestled in the eaves in ‘one of the best markets in the UK’*, diners can soak up the rich history and laid back ambience in the restaurant’s high beamed ceilings, discreet booths and outdoor terrace area, all flanked by photographs of Belfast from a bygone era.Head Chef James Bell has created a mouth-watering menu, using only the freshest produce, sourced locally, to provide diners with a culinary experience which is second-to-none.Whether you are enjoying coffee, after work drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner or a private party, visitors are sure to enjoy the unique experience at St George’s Bar & Grill.The open view kitchen offers diners the opportunity to observe our chefs cooking your meal from scratch, where you will observe the care and dedication they use to ensure it is cooked to perfection, whether it be a char grilled steak or locally caught salmon.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My colleagues introduced this place to me. The food was awesome. A week later, I took my husband here for a quick lunch. He absolutely loved this place. The ambience, food, privacy and service provided by this restaurant is great. Now it is one of our favorite hangouts in Belfast.

1  Thank Pary_Nair

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We arrived at 1.30pm on Saturday where the restaurant was quite busy. We had hoped to sit on the balcony and listen to the music and market hustle and bustle. It was a bit busy so we sat inside. They took our order and as soon as a table came free they asked if we wished to move.
Moved to the balcony and served a lovely lunch. This is our 3rd visit and the staff have been very helpful each time. Great spot for lunch or Dinner

2  Thank JohnS35
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

A great place to visit for a family breakfast with live music and the hustle and bustle of an award winning market.

Food quality is excellent and portion sizes large. Free flow coffee a plus.

Service was patchy at first and slow but we were compensation end with complementary food later in the meal.

Would go back again... Particularly good for visitors.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I booked a table here for my mum and dad's wedding anniversary on a sat evening.
We ate of the prix fixe menu. Very reasonable. £18 for 3 courses.
There were 4 adults and a child. We ordered among us, 2 fish cakes, soup and Caesar salad for starters. And 3 steaks (£3 supplement) and a burger. And sausage and chips kids meal. Starters were all very good, fresh and perfect size. The Caesar salad had a lot of meat in in and the season was really nice. I also tasted the soup and wheaten. These were very nice and was told the fish cakes were tasty.
The kids meal was a very generous large portion. With 3 sausages. I asked for my steak medium as did my my husband and it was very much well done, the other steak was supposed to be well done and is was extremely well done. But they were still tasty and we didn't mention it. I think the chips however were frozen which disappointed me a little, they were skinny fries. The burger was apparently beautiful. We ordered desserts. 2 cheesecake, sticky toffee pudding and a brownie. As well as kids ice cream. Good large portions and were fresh. Really delicious. We were all very satisfied with the food. The service was prompt and polite. Staff are lovely, they were very good with my son, and bought a little puzzle to the table to play with. And it was nice seeing the kitchen from our table. The atmosphere was nice and cosy. It was my 3rd time visiting and I enjoyed it once again.
I need complain a little about a lack of changing facilities for babies/ toddlers. We were shown to a quiet corner of the bar but it would have been much better in the bathroom.
But apart from a few minor gripes we all had a very enjoyable meal and will return sometime soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a happy place to visit on a Saturday or Sunday. The place is buzzing. Live music in the background, good food stalls and many individual crafts for sale.