“Upstairs downstairs?”

Ranked #398 of 1,116 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$2 - US$31
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stranmillis
Description: Cutters Wharf is renowned for those lazy, hazy days that we all love, when we can chill out by the river regardless of the weather.Ideal for a BBQ party or cocktail style event outside, Cutters is the place to be for any event! From al fresco dining areas outside with TV screens to never miss a match to the cosines of the casual downstairs bar with its riverside views where you can always enjoy the latest sporting event on one of many screens or listen to one of our live bands in the evening. Whilst upstairs you have informal dining at its best, in literally the comfiest restaurant in the city. With wide open windows to enhance your dining experience, there is nowhere quite like this in Belfast. Bring your friends & family to celebrate a special occasion or butter up your colleagues with a workplace party. Cutters really does have something for everyone!
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Despite the poor reviews decided to try Cutters, booked a table in the restaurant. Service, decor,food all great,no complaints from any of our party of four. I thought the amount of food and price to be reasonable. Didn't have room for desert so can't comment on that. If the food downstairs in the bar is as bad as people say it seems very strange as I am sure there would only be one kitchen but I can honestly say we had a very good experience all round. My advice go upstairs.

3  Thank 1BK2

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It is so disappointing that the quality of food is not better in this establishment as this is lovely venue in a great location. If the food was better I would have no doubt that it would be busier and attract a great crowd. We ate in the bar area, the 'shrimp' and dip was like something out of a well known frozen food supermarket and was really not nice. The burger seemed to be straight from the freezer. The fact you have to get your own cutlery and condiments which are in packets (a pet hate) is annoying but if the food was good then it wouldn't bother me that much, however on this occasion it just added to the unpleasantness of the whole meal. Definitely won't be back unless the food dramatically improves!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Myself and my Girlfriend were in Cutters for Lunch last Saturday. From the minute we walked in we had a bad experience. Firstly we took a table and when we tried to order we were told we had to go to the bar and order. This then took around 10 minutes as only one member of staff behind the bar. The menu was pretty limited but adequate. After 30 mins from placing our order the food finally arrived and when we asked for cutlery and sauces etc we were told we had to get them ourselves from the back of the bar. the biggest disappointment was when we started to eat. My burger was clearly from a frozen packet and the bap was equally as poor. It reminded me of the type you would get from a concert/festival. My girlfriend got the scampi and it was inedible. It would not have even compared to Ice land. Not even the chips were nice. The only positive form our experience was that it was a nice day and we sat outside. Cutters has the potential to be the best bar in Belfast given its setting but until the food improves its going to continue to tread water.

2  Thank JohnMac127
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We went here on Easter Sunday. After a heavy night the previous night. We went looking for a nice Sunday roast and happened to drive nearby so thought we would give it a try. We certainly werent dressed for or expecting such a lush restaurant. Ordered a turkey roast and a lamb roast and we werent dissapointed. Food was amazing. Only had a main course as felt slightly underdressed for thd occasion. However it was Easter Sunday and we hadnt thought about dress code. Would return on an evening and get dressed to kill :)

1  Thank poferp
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Phoned for information on booking a private wedding function. After being cut off three time I managed to get a member of staff. I started to explain what I was interested in but was stopped sobthat he could hand me over to the manager. I clearly over heard the member of staff tell the manager in the back ground what the call was about only to hear him say he couldn't be bothered and just ask for his details. As the staff member started to lie to me I informed him that I just heard clearly what the manager said. He then hung up on me. I am glad I got to see how poor their customer care is before I handed over upwards of £2k for our special day. Let's just say if that's the managers way of running a business the owners should take a good hard look at who they place in charge of a hospitality venue in this day and age.

9  Thank MrGillen