“Really Enjoyed This Experience”
Review of Allen's Tours

and up
Shore Excursion: Causeway Express Tour from Belfast
Ranked #32 of 118 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're visiting N.Ireland then our tour is a must! We bring you to all the points of interest along the Antrim Coast Road and around Belfast and give you a great deal of information along the way, all delivered with our great Belfast sense of humour. On your tour you will see: Carrickfergus castle, the Antrim coast road Larne, Ballygally, Glenarm, Carnlough, Waterfoot, Cushendall,Ballycastle,the Carrick a reede rope bridge, Balintoy,Whitepark bay, Bushmills,Bushmills distillery, Dunluce castle and the Giants causeway then on the Belfast tour you will see :City Hall Queens University, Botanical Gardens and National MuseumCrown Bar and Opera HouseFalls Road (including Allens Tours exclusives such as Clonard Monastery - scene of the peace talks and Bombay Street - where the "Troubles" started in 1969)Peace WallShankill RoadCrumlin Road Gaol and CourthouseSt Annes CathedralAlbert ClockOdysee Complex and Titanic QuarterStormont (NI Parliament Buildings)CS Lewis Narnia Statue and the Murals of East Belfast (another Allens Tours exclusive!)The story of each of these sites is covered in great detail. You can stop at any of the sites, just let the driver and guide know where you wish to stop and be picked up again. You will learn the history of our city from its foundation right through to its turbulent recent past which in itself is covered in a sensitive way letting you see the conflict through local eyes. We are more than happy to collect you and drop you back to your hotel during our hours of operation.We also offer a daily tour to NI's World Heritage site at the Giants Causeway. Taking in the historic Carrickfergus Castle on Belfast Lough, the picturesque Antrim Coast with its nine mystical Glens, Carrickareade Ropebridge, The Causeway and Bushmills Distillery. Another must when visiting NI. Combination discounts are available on both tours. We are happy to Help!
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A great tour of Giants Causeway and the Antrim Coast and not very expensive either. The views according to my partner "jaw dropping, stunning, beautiful......"

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Hi we were a group of 11 pax. I have a 4 yr olf son. For the price charged it was an excellent tour. I read a couple of reviews which stated their busses to be bad. I can tell you, though not the luxury kind.... they were not bad at all.... infact we should be appriciating for the tours provided for 16 £. It 100% worth the money. The driver/guide was also a nice person giving valuable info anf tips.
Now the downside. This is just one thing I dint like the driver for. Please remember I have a 4 yr old son and we are responsible travellers who travel extensively and we always ensure we are on time. At the rope bridge of the causeway tour, the driver gave us 50 mins to visit the rope bridge. Sounds like a good enough time but the bridge is quite far from the parking lot. Took abt 30 mins and 30 mins down with a 4 yr old. When I got back the driver was like " ur 10 mins late and the whole schedule is gonna be upset". I yold him that we didnt stop anywhere enroute and it still took us this much time.... to which he replied that he has timed the whole walk and it takes just 20 mins to walk to the bridge.
Im sure he probably hasnt timed it with a 4 yr old. And please believe me I was carrying my son half way through and it still took us that much time. I understand that its a group tour and everything has a schedule but there should be a reasonable common sense applied to fixing schedules.i just felt a little insulted. Apart from this things were really good. The owner Mr.Allen I suppose is a smart and kind person. Thank u Mr.Allen we had a good time. Its just for tat inccident ive given u 3 stars instead of 5

3  Thank VikramHercop
AllensBelfastTours, Owner at Allen's Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hello Vikram glad to see that you were able to avail of our special offer and that yourself and your family enjoyed the tour. Regarding the short time at the rope bridge I have spoken to the driver working on the day and with him being a part time driver he was unsure of the timings for this section of the tour but I have now instructed him to increase the time available for this stop thanks for letting us know and I hope you and your family will be able to return to N.Ireland in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

from a cruise visiting Belfast I stupidly booked the Giants courseway tour with this 2 bit company at £25 each, we were told to be in Belfast Centre by 9:15 but the coach didn't leave until 10:15 on sunday the 8th June 2014,it was freezing, before the journey started the driver/courier announced he had to stop on the way to get diesel, after calling at one filling station that was too expensive we travelled to another and filled up, he then announced that because the Giants Causeway was busy we would go to Bushmills Distillery first, they didn't open until 12:00 because it was Sunday, we then went to the Causeway and parked in a little Lane nearby instead of the official bus park, presumably no charge, other crazy things happened like he didn't realise the write up for the tour included a drive through the Shankhill and Falls roads to see the murals, and didn't think we would have time, he belted that old bus all the way back to Belfast only stopping to check around the coach because someone could smell smoke. We did make the Falls Road, The day was a catastrophy. Don't Go.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My mother and I chose to go on the Allen Tour to Giants Causeway, as an easier way to get out the city and see the sights of NI. Allen's Tour seemed reasonable, being only £16....but I guess there was a reason for this... A squealing, dirty, worn out coach, which was almost 40 mins late-emphasized by the fact another tour bus turned up before which looked luxurious!!!

We arrived at the first "stop" where the coach didn't stop because there was a fair in town and they had to make up the 40 mins lost in the morning - would've thought a daily bus tour would know this and make contingency!!! The place to stop for lunch, which can only be described as a glorified truck stop, that boasted traditional Irish food (which was questionable) was overpriced and offered free ice cream with a every mealie large hand writing - when enquired about the ice cream I was informed the machine was broken... Sums it up really.

Apart from that, the driver was friendly, knowledgable and amusing. He tried his best to control the tour, with people being late in returning the bus. The sights beautiful and we made the most of a below expectation tour.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Went on Causeway tour the other day. Ian our tour guide was amazing, informing us of the background history and all the coastal towns en route to the Cerrick rope bridge.
We managed to fit a lot in to the day, with opportunities for photos at the castle and other picturesque towns.
All in all a fun packed day well worth the £16 I paid