“Small, intimate and more”
Review of Teatro Cabaret Restaurant - CLOSED

Teatro Cabaret Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=122341771140298&ref=ts Facebook page for restaurant. Phone no is 02890 244090
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Walked past here and heard the enchanting strains of gypsy guitar and one haunting singing voice. It was Flamenco Night! A spare table was quickly found and I caught the second half of the act. Got chatting to the couple next to me and was made to feel very welcome. Excelente!

1  Thank ILP-JP
There are newer reviews for Teatro Cabaret Restaurant

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My bf and I came here in a recommendation. Fab place, fab music but way overpriced and small portions. My other half went to Mc D after for food he was so hungry. Would not visit again but glad I went to experience it!!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The reason for our visit was to hear one of my favourite blues guitarists who, it turned out, was indisposed. However we were treated to some seriously cool jazz from a trio including Kyron (one of the owners); we could have been in Montmartre. The staff are friendly and efficient, but don't 'hover', a definite plus.
As others have noted the menu is not large, but is well varied including tasty looking vegetarian options. I don't normally choose steak in restaurants but I took a notion and ordered the rump as did my partner. The steak was large and very tender and just about medium rare. Everyone has their own idea about what constitutes medium rare and this was for my taste, slightly too well cooked however I left none. Served with ample portions of chips, pepper sauce and scrummy onions I was well pleased with my choice, as was my companion.
We drank a bottle of very pleasant Veronese red, so good we ordered a second and made serious inroads into that as well. A glass of dessert wine would have been a fine accompaniment to the tasty sticky toffee pudding I enjoyed as the evening progressed (maybe for next time Kyron?).
Teatro is a small and intimate restaurant, candlelit and comfortable. I don't know why it hadn't crossed my radar before, but with an atmosphere reminiscent of the kind of spot you can happen on in one of the sophisticated European cities, think Paris or Venice, it really is a special addition to our local scene.
An evening here is about more than the food and drink good though they are, it's a chance to duck out of the mundane, savour time well spent with good friends, music and conversation.
A return visit is not too far off.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Food tasty enough but bit overpriced for what you get especially the starters. Great atmosphere and staff friendly. Bit of advise they add service charge to your bill even for two people.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Teatro is Belfast's late night gem. It's tiny and usually packed. Decent, if unexciting food - but you don't come here for the food necessarily. You come for the atmosphere and the music. Spend the evening here - the live music varies but is unvaryingly good - or drop in for a snack and drink after an evening at the theatre or cinema. Not open every night. Thursday - Saturday best.

1  Thank quaestor