“Great buzz!”

Harlem Cafe
Ranked #3 of 82 Coffee & Tea in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European, British, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Great buzz!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

looking for somewhere to eat on Saturday night, our first trip to Belfast and we didn't know where to go. we were drawn in by the live music, and a picture of Elvis on the wall (always a good sign to me!). the name "Harlem cafe" made us think of New York, maybe a bit of soul food, but the menu was not that particularly inspiring. There was a limited choice of burgers, steak, chicken, scampi, hamhock or Thai Chicken curry, which I opted for and my husband had the scampi. I have to say though, the food was lovely, more than we could manage to eat, and the atmosphere was a great, a real buzz about the place. The restaurant was full, everyone seemed to be having a good time, the music was great and I loved the eclectic mix of pictures on the wall. A real gem to find. Give it a go. A group of people on the next table appeared to be having afternoon tea and that looked delightful with old fashioned tea pot and elegant cake stand.

Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic service and incredible food!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Myself and my sister had breakfast in this cafe recently. We were short on time and the the staff took formidable care of us.
The food we got was incredibly tasty and the service matched tenfold!
Fab place!

Western Ireland, Ireland
“Lovely place especially for coeliacs”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We ate at this restaurant on our first evening of family holiday in Belfast. Grt gluten free options for the coeliac in the party. There was a mix up on the order but this was remedied to our satisfaction. Lovely quirky place with generally very pleasant staff. I hope to get back for breakfast before I leave Belfast!

scotland
“Relaxing breakfast...”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had breakfast here rather than in our hotel as the hotel charged £16 each....The Harlem Cafe is lovely and quirky inside,nice ambiance and very relaxing.We got a nice welcome,the menu was good and the food we had was good quality and well priced.We will return next time we are in Belfast.

Ystalyfera, United Kingdom
“Interesting decor, good place to meet”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We called for breakfast today. The place was extremely busy at 11.15 which is always a good sign. My husband and I got served tea in what looked like an antique silver teapot. He had a bacon sandwich (pricey at £4 and full breakfast looked better in size and value). I had two pieces of wheaten toast, (£2) which looked like a small portion but the bread was thick and filling and very tasty. The decor was very interesting and I would have enjoyed looking around at all the pictures and artwork. Worth a visit.