“Started well - but”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Started well - but”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Out for a small family celebration. We were seated and served quickly. The food came fairly quickly and was ok - nothing special. I went to the bathroom leaving my family talking about dessert. When I came back our plates had been cleared. At that point we became invisible - apart from a female member of staff who kept brushing very closely past my daughter and making a patronizing comment. No-one asked us if we wanted to see the menu again or wanted dessert or coffee. We sat for quite a long time and then decided to leave as clearly no-one had any interest in serving us. Even getting the bill was difficult. Won't be back!

2 Thank Anne O

Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Great buzz!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

looking for somewhere to eat on Saturday night, our first trip to Belfast and we didn't know where to go. we were drawn in by the live music, and a picture of Elvis on the wall (always a good sign to me!). the name "Harlem cafe" made us think of New York, maybe a bit of soul food, but the menu was not that particularly inspiring. There was a limited choice of burgers, steak, chicken, scampi, hamhock or Thai Chicken curry, which I opted for and my husband had the scampi. I have to say though, the food was lovely, more than we could manage to eat, and the atmosphere was a great, a real buzz about the place. The restaurant was full, everyone seemed to be having a good time, the music was great and I loved the eclectic mix of pictures on the wall. A real gem to find. Give it a go. A group of people on the next table appeared to be having afternoon tea and that looked delightful with old fashioned tea pot and elegant cake stand.

Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic service and incredible food!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Myself and my sister had breakfast in this cafe recently. We were short on time and the the staff took formidable care of us.
The food we got was incredibly tasty and the service matched tenfold!
Fab place!

Western Ireland, Ireland
“Lovely place especially for coeliacs”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We ate at this restaurant on our first evening of family holiday in Belfast. Grt gluten free options for the coeliac in the party. There was a mix up on the order but this was remedied to our satisfaction. Lovely quirky place with generally very pleasant staff. I hope to get back for breakfast before I leave Belfast!

scotland
“Relaxing breakfast...”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had breakfast here rather than in our hotel as the hotel charged £16 each....The Harlem Cafe is lovely and quirky inside,nice ambiance and very relaxing.We got a nice welcome,the menu was good and the food we had was good quality and well priced.We will return next time we are in Belfast.