“Gone downhill”

Cafe Renoir
Ranked #417 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Pizza, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Mixed up order - 3 of the party waited 15 minutes after everyone else for their meals, with no apology.

Food not as tasty as before, menu was more limited, service was generally sloppy.

This place used to be great but staff (front and back of house) seem to have lost interest.

Visited July 2014

Rutherglen, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy memories of Belfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

One of our few 'dining out' meals whilst in Belfast, and not disappointed. My pizza was so good that despite my good intentions, I ate too much. My 'gluten free' wife enjoyed the chicken wings, chips and salad.Very reasonably priced.

Visited July 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Don't order the icecream sundaes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

On a very hot day my wife and I went into Cafe Renoir for an icecream treat. We were presented with a menu of 4 different sundaes at a set price. We choose 2 of the sundaes on the menu. One sundae involved coconut which they did not have, but the waitress said they would go and get some. It transpired that that they could not get coconut so we settled for honeycombe bits instead. Both sundaes arrived, neither of them were anything like the menu suggested. We did eat them and the icecream was nice but the rest of the sundae was poorly presented, and nothing like the menu description. If you cannot provide what is advertised it is pointless having a sundae menu. They did however, reduce the cost of each sundae by£1 without any prompting from us. Coffee and cake is great but sundaes are woeful.

“belfast hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

usually don't write reviews on trip advisor but felt the need to come on and congratulate this beautiful bistro. I came for lunch yesterday was truly surprised by the food that was on offer. I choose the chef special which was stuffed peppers with feta and a house salad. This may sound quite simple but it was anything but that. The flavours where outstanding and presented on a black slab which just made the colours of the food stand out. Only I was in a packed environment I would have licked the slab clean! The staff where so attentive and gave me and my company the best service we have had in a long time even though it was very busy they still found the time to refill are coffees (free) and to check that we where happy with are meals and cleared the area quickly as well. Front of house lady in charge was a absolute pleasure and truly made us feel welcomed and cared for. A stubble find on way to Botanic Gardens but will certainly be a regular visitor. Highly Recommend

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“nice meal at reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Not a huge place but food is good and at a reasonable price . menu was a good mixture of crusines and portions were good, food hot and served in a timely manner. We went for an early evening meal.