“Pedal on!!”
Review of Belfast Bike Tour

Belfast Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Get your craic in the saddle as you enjoy a relaxing cycle through the beautiful Lagan Valley Regional Park, with the cycle-path winding alongside the River Lagan. We visit the neolithic Giant's Ring monument and explore the countryside that is right on the doorstep of this amazing city. Children can be accomodated with a tow along trailer and trail-a-bike attachment. This will end up being one of the highlights of your stay in Belfast.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 February 2012

If you get a nice day it's the best way to see abit of the place.

1  Thank gouldie_lfc

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Excellent bike trip for me and my friends. Really lovely to see the other sude of Belfast. Gerry was informative and friendly. Highly recommended!!

2  Thank bexdunn3
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I did this cycle tour this morning with my husband and two girls aged 9 and 6. It was so enjoyable from start to finish. Eventhough my 6 year old is a well able cyclist we thought it better that we get one of those add on bikes for her which meant that she could still cycle but she was attached to her dads bike so he was doing most of the hard work! She was abit dubious to start but saw the advantages to it and settled right into the fact her dad was doing all of the hard work! Her sister on the other hand stuck in there. We cycled through lovely parts by the canals. Gerry led myself and the two girls to a park while the rest of the group did a longer cycle which was great as the girls were getting abit tired and were able to have something to eat(we brought that ourselves, there wasnt a shop near the park) and a play there. Gerry and the rest of our group picked us up on the way back and we stopped off for a cuppa, a slice of 15 (local cake!) and a chat. Back on the bikes then and we got back a little under 3 hours later. The girls were a little tired but enjoyed the trip. The add on bike was very handy as i dont think my 6 year old would have kept up. Gerry is a lovely guy and gave us lots of local history. I would recommend this cycle tour to everyone,young and old!

4  Thank MURZO7
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Had reserved a morning bike trip with Gerry in advance not realising that myself and my better half would be out till the early hours of the morning enjoying the nightlife Belfast had to offer. I woke the next morning looking like a vampire extra out of Twilight hoping that Gerry would ring to say the trip was cancelled. As this did not happen, we left the comfort of our bed and headed somewhat reluctantly to go on the bike trip. Gerry could see that we were the worse for wear and started the trip at a very comfortable pace. He explained the history of the area and then brought us on a beautiful cycle through the nature reserve, stopping for a strong coffee on the way back. We both felt really refreshed and revived after the bike trip. My advice - forget your morning fry-up and go on the bike trip for the ultimate cure - you'll get to see why Belfast really is such a beautiful city!

2  Thank Mummy975
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This was a fantastic day out..
Gerry our guide was excellent. We spent 3 hours on the trip with Gerry and discovered more about the city during this time than I would have ever expected.
I am not an experienced cyclist but I think this has got to be the best way to see Belfast and learn all about the history, architecture and the future ahead for the city.

I would highly recommend this tour to people of all ages. I was initially concerned about the weather, getting wet and possibly finding the ride to difficult. I soon discovered there was no need to worry. A great day was had by all !!

2  Thank Norma526