“Great Bike Rental” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belfast Bike Tour

Belfast Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Get your craic in the saddle as you enjoy a relaxing cycle through the beautiful Lagan Valley Regional Park, with the cycle-path winding alongside the River Lagan. We visit the neolithic Giant's Ring monument and explore the countryside that is right on the doorstep of this amazing city. Children can be accomodated with a tow along trailer and trail-a-bike attachment. This will end up being one of the highlights of your stay in Belfast.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Battle, United Kingdom
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Great Bike Rental”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I phoned Gerry early morning and asked for a bike. Met him two hours later at the nearby Wellington Park Hotel and rented a really nice hybrid bike that performed admirably. Very reasonable rate for the bike, helmet, and lock. What a great service. No hassles, paperwork or red tape. I will use this service again and recommend it without hesitation.

Visited September 2013

Manila
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice peek into local's Belfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Great bike tour with Gerry through the green side of Belfast. Nice to see tow paths, a river side pub, a pretty village/former linen mill town and archaeological rocks far away from the crowds and road traffic. Everything went smoothly: the booking online, the bike fitting, the route, and humorous/honest info from a Belfast local. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013
Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Level of customer service = zero!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I was trying to organise a work trip that required hiring bikes for a few of the staff. After coming up against brick walls with a number of companies that i would normally use i was very happy to find that there was someone in South Belfast that i could get the bikes from.

I called the number and when Gerry answered he told me that he was away on business and could i call him after 9pm. Now as i said, this was a work trip so instead i sent him an email through the website explaining what we needed and was it going to be possible to get this for us. At around 10pm that night he responded saying yes it would be and he asked what we planned to do. I emailed him back explaining our itinerary.

But that was it....i didn't get any further responses from him. I called the number several times, left a couple of messages but he just didn't bother!!

Now i understand that the website states that tours will only happen on week days during the summer, but it also states that bikes for hire would be available 7 days a week. He shouldn't be promising that if he can't deliver!!

Visited February 2013
Saintfield
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Down Memory Lane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

My wife and I would visit Botanic Gardens, Belvoir Forest Park, Shaws Bridge and The Lagan Tow Path in our "Hippy" Days, so I thought this would be a surprise birthday treat for her to cycle through our long lost youth. We do have a bus pass each, but decided this was the way to travel
We brought along two young girls (13 & 15) who we Foster and let them experience "The countryside within Belfast." The BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE!!!

What a wonderful day out, the girls loved it, and Gerry had so much time to educate, banter and encourage them on the way round.....they just ignored us.....as we trailed along behind at a gentle pace, remembering certain "spots" and "landmarks"
Flat ground, gentle pace, safe, relaxed, and a 1st class guide.....a friend NOW ...I hope?

Visited June 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bike rental”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I emailed Gerry a few weeks before we got to Belfast and arranged to have bikes delivered to our hotel so we could explore the city! He was very accommodating and had our bikes parked outside of our hotel by 930! We left our payment and the keys with our hotel clerk and he picked them up that evening.

The bikes were in great condition, and included locks and helmets as well. Seeing a city by bike is one of my favorite things to do, and Gerry made this possible!

Visited May 2012