“Great location, shame about the bathroom & staff.”
Review of Jurys Inn Belfast

Jurys Inn Belfast
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
herts
“Great location, shame about the bathroom & staff.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed here at the begining of the year for one night with my partner and 1 year old. The hotel is in a great location with shops, bars, theatres, and restraunts close by. This hotel is one of the older Jurys Inn hotels, but one of the busiest. On arrival I went to check in ( we booked the room online the night before our stay ) it was still part of their xmas promotion, which was very cheap. The woman at the desk first of all looked like she did not want to be working their, sighing constantly at phones ringing, and trying to work the computer system, and just had a face like thunder for what ever reason. She got to serve me, and didn't even look up, she said reservation number and stared at her pc screen. I gave her my print off with all the relevant info. ( the room was paid in full by card the night before ). She yped away and they quoted the price and asked if I as paying in cash or card, I said it was paid for the night before and the print off proved it. She said no thats just reserved the room... I said look ''room paid'' as it was highlighted in red in the print out. And she said the rice was more than what we paid on the online promo, as apparently that should not have still been on their site to choose. I rung my bank and they confirmed the payment came out, but she said I had to pay the difference as it was a website issue. I said thats not my problem its yours/company's, and as the bank confirmed payment I wanted my room guy, to which she sighed and slapped the swipe card/room key on the desk, and turned her back to continue doing other things. I was furious but bit my tongue and continued up to our room. The room was clean, spacious, and had comfy beds. But the mould in the bathroom around the tabs, and shower head were gross, and it smelled damp and unclean. Also the travelcot they supplied was wobbly, and covered in stains and was easy over 10 years old, so we used the spare bed in the room instead. And like in a previous Jurys we askd for an early morning wake up call but it never came. Would not stay here again and that female member of staff seriously needs put on a customer service course and told that eye contact and a smile are important for the job she does!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Dungarvan, Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Hi all. Back from a great weekend in Belfast city. Stayed in Jury's Inn its right in the centre of the city. The room was clean and a good size. The staff were very friendly and helpful.There was plenty hot water and clean towels. We had breakfast there on both mornings,its self service and the food was good. The only negative thing that we experienced was the dinner we had there on Friday night, Both dinners were bland. That is the only negative experience over the whole weekend and it would not put me off of staying there again I would just eat out.
On the second night we found a gem of a resturant its called Hakka Noodle on Adelaide St.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front would be better. Our room was 403 it was to the side. The view from this room is...
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2012

great location, not far ferom city airport, friendly staff, pleasent room and had good night sleep, food nice too.

Magherafelt, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Having Stayed in Jury's Inn Belfast Sunday 29th January after a staff xmas party i was left unhappy, the room was cold and the noise on the floor from other guests was unbearable

I reported these matters plus a few others to the Manager Ryan Foster and once he investigates them he straight away he Apologized and offered me a free nights stay with Full Breakfast

I then took my mum and aunt back to Jurys Inn Belfast last night Thursday 16th Febuaray, and i most say i was amazed, staff were so friendly the hotel itself was so clean and fresh and the Manager had upgraded us to a Superior Room which was so spacious and modern,

The bed was so comfy and you just fell like your in a five star hotel so crisp and clean

All 3 of us couldn't complement the hotel enough for the lengths they went to make sure we were happy, even down to the complimentary Newspaper in the Morning

Breakfast now is something else, friendly staff once again and having not had breakfast here before the lady explained the procedure, the food was well cooked and i loved the sausage (where do you buy them) :-) orange juice was lovely and the selection was great never once did the stock get low where customers where kept standing,

When we were checking out we where 45 mins late due to us being on an open top bus tour of Belfast that morning but yet again the staff were very under standing and happy to help

All in all Jurys inn Belfast to me was a 3 star hotel giving out 5 star customer service, i will 110% be choosing Jurys Inn Belfast as my new Hotel for when im in Belfast

You have a great Team Ryan and you yourself are a credit to the Hotel

Stuart

Room Tip: for that better value upgrade to a 'superior Rom'
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
N Ireland
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have stayed at most Jury’s Hotels in Ireland but Belfast is by far the worst and safe to say I will never stay there again. Where will I start, firstly the rate was almost twice the normal due to 'Valentines Weekend', why I do not know as Belfast was extremely quiet.
Do not stay in any of the 1st floor rooms that look onto the back yard for many reasons,
1. The view mainly takes in the staff smoking area
2. As soon as I went to bed the deliveries started to arrive and the bottles were transported via a very noisy trolley over what sounded like cobbles and this went on and on.
3. There was a two inch gap between the bottom of the door and the ground so the light from the corridor shone into the room and at one stage I woke up to loud talking in the corridor, It felt that I was out in the corridor.
4 At about 6am I heard loud talking again and realised that the linen room was next to our room and staff were arriving into work.
Breakfast, well, can it get any worse? Some staff on duty may have helped, it may be a buffet but someone is needed to refresh toast for example, I would have liked a slice but the cold toast sitting on the toaster did not meet my needs I like my toast warm so as the butter will melt!!
It may seem like a cheap option to stay at this hotel but believe me it is worth paying a little extra to stay else where.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank shintyNIreland
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My boyfriend was taking me to Belfast for Valentines day and after a lot of diliberation we decided to stay at the Jurys hotel as we hadn't stayed here before and I can tell you we won't be staying again. We weren't expecting much, but this hotel was just about 1 step up from a Travel Lodge. When we got to the room is was very disappointing, we believed we booked a double room with sofa, we got a double room with a single bed overlooking the kitchen which meant we had to keep the curtains closed the whole time.
We also wanted a room with a bath, hence the reason we didn't go for a cheaper alternative like the Ibis, to say we got a bath is pushing it, we got half a bath which you need to bring your own bubble bath as the body wash they supply is stuck to the wall and doesn't make it into the bath and when you were in the bath you have to stand up to reach it. The extractor in the bathroom doesn't work very well and you can't leave the bathroom door open when your having a shower as this sets off the smoke alarm! Also one of our towels was dirty.
Breakfast was dispappointing also, misssing vital ingredients such as soda & potato bread. And the red sauce was a cheap brand and very bitter.
On a more positive note the hotel is in a good location and the staff were mainly pleasant. But there are far nicer hotels in good locations. The parking was expensive as well, unlike many hotels that have good rates with the local car parks this hotel didn't seem to.

Co.Kildare
Reviewed 11 February 2012

From the employees working the desk to the lads on the door late a night, the staff at Jurys Belfast deserve credit. You get what you expect from this type of hotel itself however, the collective effort by the staff raise this up a notch. We were offered a complimentary nights stay about 12 months ago due to unforeseen circumstances and I availed of it last weekend without any fuss or hassle. It's a fairly modern, clean, city centre hotel which offers a very good breakfast. The extra effort made by the staff does set it apart.

Room Tip: Rooms don't have a fridge.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends