“Bad value!”

Ranked #20 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Bad value!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for one night location is very good but for 129 pounds room only (160 euro) very bad value. The decor is very dated, and furniture and fittings very cheap, drap and dated. If this hotel intends to charge 4 star prices it should provide decent bed linen, towels etc and not the present poor quality offering. Overall impression is that this is a budget hotel and as such if they were charging budget prices it would be okay, but when the city is busy they up their prices without upping any of their standards.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here on Saturday 21st for a night out and a bit of shopping the next day. Room was really clean and pleasant on the 5th floor at the end of a long corridor which was nice and quiet. Breakfast was good quality with a good choice of breads etc.
On checking out I asked if it was possible to leave my case as I was going into the city to do some shopping. This was no problem and my case and an extra shopping bag were placed to the side of the reception desk and given a label each with the room number on them. When I returned a few hours later the bag/s had been moved into a room at the back of the desk, but my extra shopping bag could not be found anyway. After several searches it was decided that someone must have taken the additional bag. The bag contained a perfume gift set that had been given to me as a Christmas present so I was naturally upset that someone could be so mean as to take it. The guy at the desk was really helpful even though he was stunned that someone had taken the bag, he looked the gift set up online and immediately gave me the cash to replace it. I went straight back into the city centre and replaced the gift set.
Do not let my experience put you off staying there as it is an excellent hotel with lovely staff and good food.
But to whoever took my gift set, if you are reading this, then I hope you had a horrible Christmas! My opinion..........if you can afford to stay in a hotel, then you don't need to be a thief!

Room Tip: Room 530 was at the end of a long corridor and was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TJMac_10
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stay here quite often when we need a "city fix" - it's so handy for shops & Belfast City Centre. I love sitting at breakfast in their dining room with huge windows watching the world go by.

We had another spotless room on 1st floor, and it came at a bargain price considering the festive season is in full swing.

The only downside was experiencing very noisy neighbours late at night - obviously this is NOT the hotel's fault but we HAD requested a room in a quiet area of the hotel as we are light sleepers so it was disappointing that perhaps this had been overlooked?

After a while of trying to deal with the situation ourselves we phoned reception to ask for some help; they assured us security would be sent up immediately. Security arrived about 20 minutes later by which point other guests had come out of their bedrooms to investigate said noisy neighbours & ended up confronting them in hallway! Security offered those of us affected by the noise a move of bedrooms but as my husband pointed out shouldn't the noisy people be moved!?

Anyway it seemed to settle down after this and we did eventually get to sleep but we were disappointed to have been disturbed so badly in the first place and were surprised that the security took so long to arrive. We wondered if our breakfast the following morning (which wasn't included in our package) would be offered as a gesture of courtesy but it wasn't.

Anyway apart from this it was another good stay with lovely clean room, comfy bed, lots of hot water for a bubble bath & a scrummy breakfast the next morning with good quality ingredients (porridge absolutely gorgeous) Highly reccommended play to stay & the price cant be beaten for what you get.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

stayed here 20th Dec very clean tidy room breakfast was very nice esp sausages, good value for money staff pleasant
i must add whom ever serviced my room did an excllent job with a very good eye for making sure room was spotless thankyou very much
one downside was my room had linking door to it and you could here noise from room next door which did disturb sleep

Room Tip: only stayed here once so not sure how rooms vary but i stayed 4th floor and room was on right hand s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here for a two night stay we had booked a superior room it was very clean and was a good size the only down side was the view out of the window to the back yard where deliveries were going into the kitchen and bottle bins were being filled so it was a noisey. Food in bar was very good as was breakfast all in all very good and near to shops

Room Tip: make sure your room is away from the back of hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Duncastle
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I decided to book into Jurys as I was visiting Belfast for a reunion with friends. Jurys is Jurys..its not a 5 star hotel, but it tries to go the extra mile re customer service and 'the guest experience', and that means a lot.

I had a small problem with my room last night, however, the Duty Manager (female - forget her name) swiftly resolved my issue with a friendly and professional manner. She quickly organised another room and ensured my stay was comfortable and up to expectation.

The hotel is clean and extremely well located in central Belfast. The rooms are also tidy and clean and the breakfast is of a 'decent' standard. The ladies at check out earlier were very friendly and impressive/professional. Each one of the staff I encountered had a smile and were very helpful.

The bar is impressive and serves costa coffee brand products. Its clean and the service is very good.

Well done Jurys Belfast on getting your customer service spot on! It means a lot - I will recommend and will most probably be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last night, everything was great, check in quick & easy, room was clean & comfy (bed a wee bit small) & the breakfast was great - first hotel we've ever stayed in that had bagels in the bread selection which was great!! We are already planning our next trip x

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple