“Good stay”

Jurys Inn Belfast
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I recently visited this hotel, and found it to be very good value for money!! Staff all very polite and pleasant, especially the girl on reception Amy, she was friendly, welcoming and very professional!!! She's definitely a great asset to this hotel!!! Spacious, warm, clean rooms. Quite comfortable beds!! It's quite central which is great!! I was disappointed as we had read the menus in the room and had decided to stay and eat in jury's, but the evening menu, had been shortened, and there wasn't anything that appealed to us!! But other than that it was a nice stay!!

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Happysally66

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in Jurys on Saturday night for a concert we were attending. We picked it because of location and also as we got a great deal. We have stayed in Jurys before however it appears that the rooms have had improvements. The check in was fast with a very pleasant receptionist - Amy, She even went out of her way to get me a phone charger as I forgot mine. The rooms were spacious and clean and had free wi fi. We had the breakfast which was fine however I would not pay extra for it, I love potato bread and soda farls as part of an Ulster fry and there were none of these, this is only my preference. The location is great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alfie999
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel is awful , warning this hotel is THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN , Good Location , the rooms don't get me started on those rooms , stuffy me and my friend were meant to sleep on a mattress about the with of my finger we got 0 SLEEP , Freezing , Our shower didn't work , and breakfast was kip. But Jurys are a nice hotel to stay in , I can see this time they were on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jackdel13
Ryan F, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay with us in February 2013. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review as each one is invaluable to us as we try and improve on our service and product constantly.

We pride ourselves on providing comfortable rooms for all our guests and it seems that on this occasion this was not the case. I was very disappointed to hear that you never got any sleep because of an uncomfortable matress coupled with the rooms being stuffy at stages, as well as cold at other times. It is obvious that there was also an issue with the shower in your room and I regret that our maintenance team were not made aware of this earlier as it could have been resolved in advance of your visit.

All our guests should be able to choose from a fresh and appitising selection of both cooked and continental breakfast each morning and I am sorry that this was not the case during your stay. Our breakfast is something that we strive to get right each and every day as we realise how important it is to a majority of our guests. We have recently upgraded our breakfast to include more selection and are currently in the final stages of a refurbishment of our restaurant to enhance both breakfast and dinner facilities.

I am delighted that you felt that the cleanliness of the hotel was very good and as you say we are lucky to have such a great location so close to the city centre. Not too far a walk to the shops.

I do hope that you may consider contacting me personally on the e-mail address below so as we may discuss your stay in more detail and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Belfast, as I am confident that you will see a marked improvement.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post the review.

Kind Regards
Stephen McMullan
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Conveniently situated in the centre of Belfast, comfortable and good value, with excellent breakfast selection. Staff friendly and helpful, and parking outside hotel or in car park just a block away .Coridoors could do with somewhat brighter lighting.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Visited jurys for one night stay with family. Twelve in our party including eight children. We were very well looked after nothing was a problem. Got a great deal. Right beside grand opera house which was ideal for our trip to panto. Second year stayin at jurys with same party and will now make it an annual event. Fair play to staff at jurys belfast

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed in Jurys for 1 night 29th december ( have stayed a few years now after attending a show in the Waterfront) Stayed with 3 friends.On arrival we were greeted by an excellent male member of staff..We needed a space for disabled parking and it was no bother at all to accommodate us,we also asked for a room beside each other and that was no problem,he was excellent.Lovely spotless room.Breakfast was included in the price and no other hotel could beat the price for the excellent service it provides.We came in quite late and found very considerate reception staff.Great nights sleep and brill breakfast.....Jury's we will be back soon Thank you for a hassle free stay..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here recently for one night location is very good but for 129 pounds room only (160 euro) very bad value. The decor is very dated, and furniture and fittings very cheap, drap and dated. If this hotel intends to charge 4 star prices it should provide decent bed linen, towels etc and not the present poor quality offering. Overall impression is that this is a budget hotel and as such if they were charging budget prices it would be okay, but when the city is busy they up their prices without upping any of their standards.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business