“Many Thanks!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Frankfurt, Germany
“Many Thanks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

After I realized that I made a huge error in booking dates (arrived one day late), Michael was very gracious and adjusted my reservation to accommodate me and the family. And, he was also kind enough to include the breakfast. Many thanks to Michael, and to Jurys Inn Belfast, for being so kind and understanding. Service like this is what makes holidays so easy to enjoy. We will definitely be using Jurys Inn again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank flyers_fan8541

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Moran, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I arrived here 1st on my 4 week vacation, I was half asleep & the desk helped with maps & made me feel right at home. It's away from the madness of shipping district but takes a minute to get there! One of the oldest bars was just down the street. I loved that the bus station was just 2 streets away! The restaurant was good for dinner but I wish I had payed attention that the bar also served food! The bar was warm & friendly & at night turned on music & felt a little clubish if you didn't want to venture far.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jessica N
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Staying two nights on business. Avoid this if you want to sleep. First room allocated to me on a corner had busy roads on both sides AND an extremely noisy old internal fan in the bathroom constantly on. Asked for a quieter room. Got given one at the back over a courtyard which is packed with extractor fans that are on continuously from down below (bar? Kitchen?). Hell - impossible to sleep, like being in the engine room of a large boat. Coupled with that could hear neighbour in the next room sloshing around in their bath.......Shabby, with poor finishes even with the 'refurbishment'. - Radiator in room constantly on because the on/off knob had fallen off. Only plus point two bottles of water in the room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SMCM2, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us in Belfast.

I was very disappointed to hear that you sleep was disturbed so badly by several different issues during your stay. We try as often as possible to make sure that all noise is kept to a minimum at all times to ensure the comfort of all our guests. This includes a weekly check on all windows and window seals for health and safety and noise related issues. Unfortunately it seems that the noise may have been coming from one of our extractor fans from the kitchen. I have arranged for this to be looked into as soon as possible to see if we can get the level of noise and humming reduced to avoid any further issues going forward.
It is also up to us to ensure that our rooms and public areas are not looking dated and we are currently undertaking a painting programme to freshen up each room, as well as reviewing the product itself for potential improvements that can be made. There is no excuse for something as simple as a radiator control to be missing. It shows a lack of attention to detail on our part, and I apologise that we missed it while preparing the room for your visit.

I would really appreciate if you could contact me on the e-mail address below at your earliest convenience so as we may discuss in more detail.

Kind Regards
Stephen McMullan
Deputy General Manager

stephen_mcmullan@jurysinns.com
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at Jurys Inn, We visit Belfast every year to watch the Nottingham Panthers and last year we stayed at Park Inn because it was slightly cheaper, save money on hotel to get more money for beer :) but unfortunately we got extra charges after leaving to pay for cleaners on the day we checked out even tho the rooms were left tidy, never got this money refunded so we decided to stay at Jurys for a 2nd time and we will deffo be staying there again next year. Can't fault it, nice clean hotel with clean rooms

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ramsay9
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Jury's for one night in March. Hadn't stayed at a Jury's hotel in years, a name for me that is synonymous with quality. The hotel was clean and beds comfortable but I was disappointed at how 'no frills' this chain seems to have gotten. The room itself was so dull and something like a glorified hostel room. There wasn't a picture on the wall or even a bath mat. There wasn't toilet paper on the roll either when we checked in - an obvious sign the room hadn't been serviced fully. I'm disappointed that the chain has gone down this route. Aren't there lots of other hotels occupying this space in the market? I thought Jury's occupied a comfortable spot in between the Premier Inn and a 4+/5 star. I would say my experience of the hotel was definitely in the former. At ���70pppn I think I'll stay at a nice BNB on Malone Rd or similar in future where you'll get character and care.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pixie_ie
SMCM2, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Belfast. I am extremely disappointed to hear your experiences especially given your previous positive experiences of our brand over the years.

First of all I would like to sincerely apologise for the standard of your room on your arrival to the hotel. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and comfort and of all our rooms and we aim to always offer excellent value for money to all our guests.
I would like to assure you that I will be speaking directly to my Accommodation Manager to reiterate the high standards expected each and every day in our rooms, and I will make sure that the relevant training is carried out with the team to avoid such a poor lack of standards in the future. The fact that there were basic amenities missing from the room was a clear lack of attention to detail and this is something that we will work to improve immediately to avoid further disappointment in the future.

I would very much like to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please see below my contact details If you would like to discuss this please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

In the meantime your constructive comments have been very worthwhile and will help to ensure that service standards are restored.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind Regards

Stephen McMullan
Deputy General Manager

stephen_mcmullan@jurysinns.com
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I wasnt particularly expecting luxury and this hotel is quite alright for a short break.
The location is great,rooms are reasonably clean and the staff are friendly.
However the the bathroom was weary ...many chipped tiles and an indifferent shower.
There isnt any working airconditioning and this is where the problem was. When the room becomes too warm...it is impossible to open the window because of the unbelievable amount of noise. Even with it shut the noise pierces through the double glazing and can be a nightmare in the night.
I was prepared however with good quality earplugs! i never travel anywhere without them.
So it was fine for me.
So in short ...serviceable but make sure you carry earplugs!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business