“Below average”

Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Below average”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Jury's Inn Belfast has poor guest services. Our room had not been cleaned in two days. Our key cards had to be reprogrammed everyday and we had to wait on a long line to do so. The prices are extremely high for the accommodations provided. I would not stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 204dennisd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
newbridge
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Went here with some girlfriends for the bank holiday weekend, have to say the hotel was spotless, very secure at night, as security staff present and cannot use lifts without a swipe card.

Staff very friendly, rooms basic but well appointed and contemporary and very comfy.

We were on a bed only basis but had breakfast the full buffet on one morning for 10 pounds and it was really tasty with a great selection.

All in all perfect for a couples weekend or a weekend with friends

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

went down to meet a friend for dinner and decided to stay had a stroll around the city centre and decided to just ask had they any room we were in luck room for 3 on the 2nd floor great view off the street buzzing by and everything we could need for getting ready for a night on the town , room was spotlessly clean beds comfy and nicely laid out
on arriving home reception and door staff could not be more helpfull even ordered us a takeaway great night just a shame it was only one night will defintly stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed one night in the hotel with our two children (9 and 6). The hotel itself looked a little worn out and in need of some attention. The hotel staff at reception were very helpful and pleasant. The room was very disappointing - there was a small double bed and a pull out sofa bed for the children. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable, with both children complaining about the lumps in it. For the price we paid, I expected a better room.
The breakfast was mediocre. The manager made a special effort to ensure my son got gluten free food. I ordered an omelette which, when it eventually arrived, was burnt and unpleasant.
Overall it felt as though we paid an awful lot for very little

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank elaine w
SMCM2, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Elaine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Belfast. I wanted to take the opportunity to apologise for the problems you encountered during your stay with us.

All our guests should be able to choose from a fresh and appitising selection of both cooked and continental breakfast each morning and I am sorry that this was not the case during your stay. Our breakfast is something that we strive to get right each and every day as we realise how important it is to a vast majority of our guests. I was glad to hear that the team arranged a gluten free breakfast for your son but to then get this wrong is inexcusable and unprofessional.

I have also spoken to my Accommodation manager regarding the fact that the couch bed in your room was uncomfortable. I have asked her to get the mattress replaced today and to check all the others to make sure they are all ok.

I do hope that you may consider contacting me personally on the e-mail address below so as we may discuss your stay in more detail and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Belfast, as I am confident that you will see a marked improvement.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post the review.

Kind Regards
Stephen McMullan
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed last Thursday. On arrival we were met with a very warm welcome. The room was massive with a double and single bed. Since our last visit the hotel has free WiFi. I've stayed in the Europa but my husband and I prefer this hotel. It really is a fantastic place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brid B
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I've waited for my second stay here, as previously I had been staying elsewhere in Belfast and my first visit was with a colleague here. Second time round was a bit mire realistic I suppose, as I found the hotel was quite good, but certain things could be better. My room was quite near the lifts and hence I could hear noise quite late and also first thing. Room was clean and fresh though and in general the food in the hotel was quite good.

Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed here, and evidently a very busy time for the hotel; but this was certainly not detrimental to the extremely high level of customer service received. The room was extremely clean and the staff, just as before, we're extremely helpful and pleasant. Great recommendations for places to eat and all round just really friendly. Particularly Karen! How so warmly welcomed us back. The hotel is kept immaculately and as aforementioned regardless of how busy the staff were; they level of service was consistently high the entire stay! Highly recommended place to stay, I would stay here each and every time I returned to the city.

• Stayed May 2014