“Excellent Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Having stayed at Jury,s Inn Dublin on a number of trips we thought we would try Belfast. What an excellent hotel. The Staff were some of the best we have had the pleasure to talk to and extreamley helpful.The room was soo comfortable and the location in Great Victoria street most central. Must go there again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Jury's Inns in my mind should be a step up from the £29/£49 a night 'value' chains of hotels. Those chains have focussed on getting the basics right, location and service . Based on this experience I am not sure that Jury's Inn has focussed on the first of these and hence have not kept ahead.

On the plus side for this hotel - the location is good with easy access to some shopping and pubs. If you are coming as part of a coach tour coaches can park directly outside which is really convenient. The rooms are spacious, a selection of firm and soft pillows (my personal must-have) , and tea and coffee making facilities. My room had a pull out bed too. Oh - and there is free wifi (another personal must have).

On the downside the entrance and reception area was chaos almost all the time - coach groups , large parties. It was actually hard to get in and out of the lift each time (bar 9:30am when I checked out) because of the crowds.

Breakfast was incredibly disappointing. Firstly no-one explains how the buffet is laid out . Secondly the hot breakfast didn't even acknowledge it was in Northern Ireland - where was the potato bread, the soda bread? On top of that I was told there was no vegetarian option. It was only when 4 more guests asked the same question that the chef 'found' some vegetarian sausages to cook. Its the 21st century. You have British vegetarians, asian, indian vegetarians - and even omnivores sometimes want something lighter. A vegetarian option should be standard: not something you have to fight for. I also have a nasty feeling I ate something that wasn't vegetarian as things on the buffet weren't labelled.

One further breakfast issue - in most decent hotels the wait staff bring tea or coffee to your table, and your table is set with a napkin and cutlery. Not here - a bit like school dinners you have to collect this all your self. Another basic they need to get right - its basic courtesy and service imo (and another area that the cheaper hotels exceed this one)

Another down side was my bed - it made my skin crawl. I went to bed late, pulled back the sheets and ... no mattress topper. I do not ever want to sleep on the remains on other people's bodily fluids. I do appreciate i could have phoned reception but I was in my night clothes and didn't want the hassle of someone coming into the room to sort it. I ended up sleeping on top of my duvet - not ideal. I was then woken up early by garbage collection - noisy, slow garbage collection.

So - will I stay at this Jury's Inn again? No. Will I stay at another Jury's Inn again? Not sure. What does this one need to do to improve

1. Think about the reception area , queuing and lift layout and the lobby seating area. It must be possible to better organise it. And maybe an extra check in desk

2. Mattress toppers - essential

3. An Irish Breakfast, clearly labelled

4. Vegetarian option available to order - no quibble, all staff aware

5. Tea, Coffee brought to table, cutlery on table

6. Double glazing needs improving at the back of the building.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Samanthkc
SMCM2, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Samanthkc,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Belfast. Each review is invaluable to us as we try and improve on our service and product constantly.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the fact that you had such a disappointing stay with us. It is very clear from your comments that we let ourselves down badly, and I will be following up with the relevant members of the management team today to ensure that we act on your constructive comments appropriately.

I do hope that you may consider contacting me personally on the e-mail address below so as we may discuss your stay in more detail and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Belfast, as I am confident that you will see a marked improvement.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post the review.

Kind Regards
Stephen McMullan
Deputy General Manager

Stephen_mcmullan@jurysinns.com
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Clean, comfortable, well appointed, good sized rooms. It’s in a great location in the heart of town and has a good restaurant.
The staff are efficient if not over friendly.
There is free wi-fi but it’s patchy.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed one night on the 5th floor. The room was a good size and very clean. No complaints but it could be any hotel room in the world. Check in and out was fast and efficient with pleasant staff. Great location. On this occasion we picked this hotel purely on price. £70 for a Friday night was a fair price to pay. I would recommend this hotel to others and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Our room faced the grounds of a school, no road noise and a pleasant view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dade City, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My stay at the Belfast Jurys was a first class experience. Room quality and service were great and the location near the Opera House and great pubs was ideal. Arrangements at car park next door was ok for a downtown hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Have a fabulous two night stay at Jurys Inn in early June. The hotel has a nice & central location, within easy walking distance on the shops and attractions. The staff were helpful and friendly. Rooms were spacious and clean. Would highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Shower goes from hot to cold, staff rude couldn't get in 2 room had to go to reception 3 times then to be told nothing wrong with cards after he trumped the door and then admitted the batteries were loose

• Stayed June 2014
SMCM2, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Susan R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us in Belfast.

I would like to sincerely apologise for all the problems you encountered during your stay.
It is clear that you did not have a good stay with us for several different reasons, and there is never any excuse for the poor customer service you received.
We continually strive to ensure that all of our guests receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings. It is clear from your review that we did not make this happen and for this I am sorry.

We rely on feedback from our guests to measure our performance and on the whole the feedback we receive is very positive. Constructive criticism is always used in a positive way so we can improve our product and service for the better.

I do hope that I will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Belfast one day in the future. If you decide to come back and I will be delighted to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

I would welcome any further feedback that you have. I can be contacted on the e-mail address below at any time.

Kind Regards