We had a rental car when we pulled into the Belfast Hilton. As soon as we entered the Lobby, Cieran (pronounced Keiran) and John met us with smiles. What impressed me the most was the smiles weren't fake ones put on for the new guests.
They quickly learned we were Aussie tourists with no real knowledge of Belfast.
These 2 fellows and the rest of the staff went out of their way to ensure we could experience the best of Belfast in a weather that was bitterly cold, dark and raining. Nothing was too hard for Cieran (the manager) and John (concierge).
But then the incident happened that causes me to now write this review.
I went down to garage area to get something from the car.... and I found that the back windscreen had been smashed. As soon as I informed Cieran, he put the "wheels in motion" to ensure my partner and I were OK. He made phonecalls, he contacted the police, he made the garage attendent (a separately owned company) go over and over the CCTV footage. Meanwhile, John was ringing repair companies, rental car places and anyone else he thought could help us. I should cut this review short as there is not enough time or room on this page to tell you everything that these 2 gentlemen and the staff at the Hilton did for us. Even though we were past our checkout time, the next day Cieran allowed us to stay at the hotel and looked after us until a new car arrived from Dublin.
My partner and I stayed in many Hotels while we toured Ireland but one thing is for certain. If we ever return, then the Belfast Hilton will be my "home away from home".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Belfast hotel is an iconic part of he Belfast skyline situated on the banks for the River Lagan in the heart of Belfast City. Next door to the Belfast Waterfront Hall, a few minutes walk to Belfast City Hall and Victoria Square. 5 Minute walk to the SSE (formerly Odyssey) Arena and 1 mile from Titanic Belfast. WiFi is available in all rooms and is free for Hhonors members that book direct(Charges may apply to other bookings). The hotel is 100% non smoking, Executive Floor, Executive Lounge, one Restaurant, one Bar, Fitness Centre/Health Club, Business Centre, Coffee shop, 198 Guest Rooms, Accessible Rooms, nine Meeting Rooms. Check in: 3:00PM, Check out: 12:00PM. Parking available next door - car park for £18.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Belfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Belfast Hotel Belfast
- Hilton International Belfast
- Belfast Hilton International
- Belfast Hilton Hotel