“good service, lack of facilities”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 23 May 2011

overall its good and close to city centre and river. gym is trun off, its so small like a home gym and no pool. rooms are good, air conditioning could be noisy in some rooms though. I have used this hotel for few weeks.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
HiltonBelfast, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Thank you for sharing your feedback of Hilton Belfast. I am disappointed to read that you feel our hotel lacks facilities. We offer more facilities than other hotels in the city. Our Executive Lounge is situated on the 11th Floor which I am more than happy to offer on a return stay to experience this as many of our guests often comment on the high level of service. Many of our guests also travel to our sister hotel, Hilton Templepatrick to experience the excellent leisure and golf facilities. I hope that you will be staying with us again soon and I welcome the opportunity to improve upon your experience. Please feel free to contact myself directly, damian.gilvary@hilton.com.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2011

Just been back here for the 4th time now and yes it’s still good. Parking next door is a great help as you can walk straight into the hotel lobby from level 2 in the car park. It cost, on production of your hotel bill at the exit gate, from midday to 10-30 the following day, £18. If there’s an event on in the Waterfront hall then be careful as it might just be full up. We stayed in room 1214, a suite, which was both spacious and spotless. 3 separate rooms firstly you walk into a good sized sitting room /lounge area with a large 3 seater settee, a table and 4 chairs, mini bar, and good sized a flat screen TV.
Through the double door there’s a bedroom with a super king sized bed and all that you need in wardrobe space, trouser press, safe, etc etc.
Then off the bedroom is the massive bathroom with a bath you could put the whole rugby team in. Unfortunately it’s not a Jacuzzi. A good sized shower cubicle and twin wash basins and loo. Fresh towels were abundant and Crabtree and Evelyn accessories were provided.
We also had complimentary access to the Executive lounge on floor 11. Plenty of drinks from a well stocked bar served by a very friendly lady, whose name escapes me just now. But the nibbles were disappointing to say the least. Pieces of lukewarm bite size pizza squares all stuck and chicken wings. Surely a bag of crisps or nuts or even some sandwiches and vol au vents would have been nice. We have been in many Executive lounges and this, for lounge food, is at the bottom. The management should take a look at what other 5 star hotels are doing and not equal it, but better it. After all we paid a premium price to be there. Breakfast was excellent in every way and our special requests were delivered with a smile. We use Hilton Hotels a lot, Sorrento and Newcastle already booked, and yes we will be back here again to enjoy this great hotel. I would love to find the food offering in the ex lounge worthy of the clientele it attracts.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your forth visit to Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to welcome our guests back to the hotel and pleased to read of your great comments regarding our Executive Suite.
May I also thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the food in our Executive Lounge. Please be advised that I am currently working with our head chef to change our offerings and I have taken your comments on board.
I hope that you will be staying with us again soon and I welcome the opportunity to improve upon your experience in the Executive Lounge. Please feel free to contact myself directly, damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2011

2nd visit in 12 months.
each occasion stayed 4 days.
Fabulous for city breaks and great shopping only 5 mins away.
Some re furbishment work being completed on arrival but in no way interfered with our visit due mainly to courteous staff and workmen.
look forward to next break which will not be 12 months this time.

Room Tip: Arrive with big smile ! ask upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonBelfast, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed on Sunday night to take advantage of the bank holiday weekend. We were in room 813 - a little tired looking compared to other rooms we have stayed in at this hotel, nevertheless - it was clean and comfortable and the view was amazing! The pillows were also not up to the usual standard in this room. However we had a few drinks in the Cable Bar and the service was excellent as was the price. I was able to use my NIPSA membership card and got 25% off food and drink!
This is a lovely hotel and very central to the city. We were able to watch some of the Marathon from our window on Monday before leaving the hotel. We will definately return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful and our city centre location made getting around Belfast easy.

We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2011

You know what you're getting from a Hilton and if I was staying there for business it would have been fine. However, there were a series of annoying things. Firstly our toilet was broken, even after someone came to fix it. Secondly, after we came back from dinner we were told that we could not invite our 2 friends into the bar, even though we would be paying for the drinks. This was told to us in quite a rude way and was very irritating. There was no mention of this anywhere beforehand. On their website it even says 'enjoy a cocktail with friends!' Thirdly, the service at breakfast was certainly not 5* standard, although the breakfast itself was good.

Overall, you could do a lot worse, especially given the lack of good hotels in Belfast, but it should definitely be a 4* not 5

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blondie669

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this and for any inconvenience caused to you as a result. I have discussed each point you have highlighted with our Management team to address and resolve appropriately with their teams. I am please that you will consider staying with us again and I welcome the opportunity to improve upon your experience in the hotel. Please feel free to contact myself directly, damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2011

I was here for almost 3 weeks. Some cons: Bathtub didn't drain properly (although I did not mention it - my bad), I asked for use of mini-bar prior to stay (meds) and it took 3 requests for someone to come and empty it. I was taken aback when I used a glass and housekeeping put it back on the counter with a Hilton cap on it - there was still water in the glass! Huh? The bed was comfortable enough, but platform type with discernable springs (the bed looked fairly new, just weird sleeping in it - took me awhile to get used to it).
Pros - Martin, Tony, Ian, and John were wonderful. Although I requested a paper every morning, it was never delivered (or was getting swiped by a cheap guest!). Tony and Martin made sure that they had a copy saved for me each morning when I went to work. John was friendly and helpful; Ian was a delight. I would stay here again because of the wonderful people that I met here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Lagan River
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback after your three week stay at Hilton Belfast. I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this and for any inconvenience caused to you as a result.
We operate a Colleague Recognition Programme within Hilton Belfast and I have passed Tony’s, Martin's, John's and Ian's names to our Human Resources Department on your behalf.
We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2011

As a Diamond HHonors member I get the chance to stay in alot of Hilton's worldwide. The Hilton Belfast measures up with the very best of them. This is my second time to stay in the hotel. From the moment I checked in all the way through my two night stay I can do nothing but praise the attentive, hospitable and thoroughly professional staff that I had the good fortune to meet. Damian at the front desk is a pleasure to deal with, Charlie at concierge always has a smile and willing to help, while Donna in the Executive Lounge is overflowing with courtesy and attentiveness. My absolute favourite thing though about the hotel is the dining room. Apart from the excellent food and good value, the design is fabulous with an amazing view over the River Lagan and onto the H&W Dockyard. It has to be seen to be enjoyed but I love it. Likewise my room was a King studio suite overlooking the Lagan and with floor to ceiling windows, boy was it impressive yet I never heard a sound and slept soundly both nights. The hotel location is super, especially for those travelling by train. A three minute walk from Belfast Central over the footbridge into Lanyon Place and you are in the foyer. Taxis abound outside during the day but can always be booked in advance if necessary. With the Victoria Square shopping centre a 10minute walk away any shopping or last minute items can be easily picked up. I'm going to be back in Belfast in June and I have no doubt where I'll be staying. The only thing I'd personally love the hotel to have is a swimming pool and spa but I can live without it as everything else is of such a diamond standard.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is always a pleasure to welcome our Hilton Hhonors guests back to the hotel. Charlie, Donna and Myself were personally touched to read your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Wishes