“A fine hotel with some minor issues.”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is a very nice property, good location and service and immaculately clean to a standard you would expect of Hilton. The Executive Rooms in particular are very classy and comfortable, the Lounge serves evening canapes etc although they did run out of food very quickly, took a while for re-stocking. The Lounge breakfast was excellent however.

Food in the Bar was not great unfortunately and best avoided in our humble opinion, service was very good as was the general atmosphere.

The real sting in the tail with the Hilton Belfast, as you will read in many previous reviews, is the unavoidable and astronomical £18 daily parking fee. Whilst it's understandable space is limited given the city centre location, it's not unreasonable to expect some kind of discount for hotel guests. Very, very disappointing and there are few alternatives in the vicinity (believe me, we looked) so the Hilton guest has little choice but to fork out.

Food and parking aside, I can't complain about the property itself, very nice indeed and staff are generally very pleasant and helpful. If you can get your head around the costly extras then this would make for a great stay in Belfast.

Room Tip: Executive floor is worth a little premium!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased that you experienced a good stay with us. We have noted your constructive feedback regarding the food and car park. Look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is a nice hotel, and there's nothing majorly wrong with it, but there were constant careless shortfalls and niggles: smoking party-goers blocking the main entrance when we arrived; room not cleaned nor re-stocked properly on arrival, with the window left wide open, even though it was raining; the room had a connecting door (locked), which meant we could hear every word from the room next door; measly supplies of shampoo etc; overcharged on our extras (we were charged a deposit on an umbrella we hadn't borrowed - at no point did they ask for it back, just put £15 on the bill); only two members of staff on the front desk for check-out in the morning, which meant a long wait. None of these in themselves are deal-breakers but it all added up to a frustrating experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this and for any inconvenience caused to you as a result. I have discussed each point you have highlighted with our Management team to address and resolve appropriately with their teams. I am please that you will consider staying with us again and I welcome the opportunity to improve upon your experience in the hotel. Please feel free to contact myself directly, damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2012

3rd time staying in this hotel, and I've never felt disappointed. The rooms are lovely and the staff are helpful. The food is really nice, especially breakfast. One time we stayed, we even got upgraded to an executive room free of charge.

The location is very good - Victoria Square is just a few minutes away which has shops, restaurants, cinema etc. The Odyssey Arena is only a 10 minute walk away, and the Waterfront Hall is right beside it. Plus the train station is just a few minutes walk away too.

I feel for such a hotel though, maybe they should have a swimming pool/jacuzzi but there wasn't any.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have read some of the reviews with wonder, prompting me to write one myself. 4 of us stayed on a 'Town and Country' package organised by the hotel and I couldn't fault it. From the moment we booked, the staff were in touch to make sure we had information on the hop on hop off us tour and the giants causeway tour, as well as ensuring we had dinner booked for the Friday night.

The staff were truly excellent; nothing was too much trouble. Breakfasts were fantastic. like a previous reviewer, we were there when the hotel was fully booked and we experienced NO issues with the buffet being renewed. In fact, when I asked if any of the home made wheaten bread was left, I was advised it was just coming out of the oven and Devon (the breakfast manager) made sure I was told when it was ready.

Staff were friendly, asking us when we returned if we'd had a nice day trip etc. I am at a loss as to what staff the reviewer who made the 'Hilton charm school' comment met - everyone we came across went out of their way to make us feel welcome, not only to the hotel, but to Belfast.

The bar food (which on a Sunday you would expect to be hit and miss) was excellent and good value.

And finally! The internet is FREE in the public areas and (and I thought this was a very nice touch), you can print your boarding passes for flights for free in the business centre!

We would wholeheartedly recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 5 which has been recently refurbished.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your fantastic feedback.

Our team are proud to read of your excellent stay at Hilton Belfast. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Nice big room and very comfortable - I was on 6th floor so had a nice view over Belfast city. I was just there one night - did noteat in the restaurant but had an enjoyable meal in the bar - food is good. There is the usual problem with parking in Belfast - you have to pay but this seems to be the same for all hotels in the city. Breakfast is buffet and had a good choice and was adequate. Good location for the Odyssey, city centre, conference centre, Titanic exhibition etc.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for great views of the city
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Good quality Hilton made even better by the excellent staff.

The front of house team, in particular make a warm welcome and are exceptionally helpful - a credit to the outstanding front of house manager Damien.

Would highly recommend, I look forward to my stays in what is now my home from home in Belfast.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.I was personally touched to read your feedback and its great that our guests see how well we enjoy exceeding our guests expectations.

Hope to see you back very soon,

Many Many Thanks,

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here for one night. Good location, room a little like a slightly upmarket Premier Inn nearby with luxury toiletries as the difference. Also less noisy at night due to parties being less likely to go there do to price.
Breakfast standard fare for what you would expect from a Hilton hotel. Good selection with porridge and smoked salmon, some fresh fruit and various breads. Make sure you take your own water though.........small bottle in room very overpriced
Go there if the price is right if that's an important factor for you. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Clean and reception nice and quiet too. I'd go there again rather than a city centre hotel due to reduced traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from lifts and corridor doors Ask for river view, away from road though not...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alteria D
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent comments. I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.