As a treat my partner surprised me with a one night city break in Belfast and I was very excited at the prospect that we were going to be staying at the Hilton Hotel in a “King Hilton Executive Room”
I was aware about the Hilton name and for whatever reason I was expecting a chic and luxurious hotel. I left disappointed however feeling it certainly wasn’t anything special and feel the Hilton Group could certainly learn a lot from the much younger and better value Premier Inn group.
The executive room we had cost £204 (without breakfast) for a Saturday night in August. The Premier Inn for the same night was offering room only for £71. I must say I cannot work out why it was worth paying so much more to stay in the Hilton?
Yes, on the plus side our 12th floor room was nice and offered great panoramic views over Belfast City Centre and the Divis mountains beyond, and the room had lots of extras but why on earth would I want a phone beside the toilet? I don’t want a mini bar either when the costs have been over inflated. The executive room also offers “a free daily newspaper” Ok then, so why didn’t we get one?
Drinks in the bar were expensive; I am not surprised it was empty! We bought one drink each and when we seen the bill decided; let’s have one more somewhere else!
There is a gym in the basement, not my thing when I’m on holiday and there is no swimming pool or even a spa but we knew this before booking.
To sum up the room was a nice standard hotel room, nothing special but with great views, for value for money though and facilities there are better hotels in Northern Ireland for the prices they charge here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Belfast hotel is an iconic part of he Belfast skyline situated on the banks for the River Lagan in the heart of Belfast City. Next door to the Belfast Waterfront Hall, a few minutes walk to Belfast City Hall and Victoria Square. 5 Minute walk to the SSE (formerly Odyssey) Arena and 1 mile from Titanic Belfast. WiFi is available in all rooms and is free for Hhonors members that book direct(Charges may apply to other bookings). The hotel is 100% non smoking, Executive Floor, Executive Lounge, one Restaurant, one Bar, Fitness Centre/Health Club, Business Centre, Coffee shop, 198 Guest Rooms, Accessible Rooms, nine Meeting Rooms. Check in: 3:00PM, Check out: 12:00PM. Parking available next door - car park for £18.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotelopia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Belfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Belfast Hotel Belfast
- Hilton International Belfast
- Belfast Hilton International
- Belfast Hilton Hotel