“Nice place, would stay again.”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in September. The hotel is a credit to the brand with the staff being friendly and all areas clean and well maintained.

We had requested an upgrade to a suite but they were fully booked. Still, our standard room was big with plenty of extra furniture. It was generally clean, except where housekeeping had moved furniture to accommodate a rollaway bed. Clearly the areas under the extra seats, nor under the bed had seen a Hoover for a while.

Breakfast was the usual buffet style, could have been a bit warmer but was tasty enough. We chose not to eat in the restaurant as the menu was unappealing to us. The bar / costa coffee was nice but had a poor choice of snacks etc.

Where Hilton was a let down was with central reservations. 4 different people there told us this hotel did not provide rollaway beds. We were using tesco vouchers which haven't appeared at the hotel despite us taking them to glasgow, as requested, in plenty time. The Front of house manager was apologetic and is looking into it. I could have done without the receptionist being very patronising though, when I said I had vouchers he asked where they are, I explained I'd sent them to Glasgow and he sneered "but Madam this is Hilton Belfast, why are the vouchers in Glasgow" he was adamant I should have them with me. I received no apology from him when it transpired it were he who was wrong. Definitely a let down to an otherwise excellent reception team.

Definitely give this hotel a go. It's within walking distance of the centre of the city and titanic quarter (each about 20 minutes walk) Look out for their best deals though.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Foogirl
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast.
I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the Tesco Voucher payment and the rollaway bed, I do apologise for the inconvenience. I shall certainly share your comments with the relevant departments.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Kindest Regards,

Damian

Write a ReviewReviews (2,996)

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed 1 night in an executive room B & B. Hotel is so clean, staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. On arrival met front of house manager Damian Gilvary, what a gentleman. Had meal in main bar, excellent quality and great service. I would recommend this hotel and we will definately stay here when we are back in Belfast

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you in order for you to have an execllent stay. Its a pleasure for me to welcome guests to our hotel ensuring they feel welcome from the start of their journey with Hilton Belfast.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure again soon, a warm welcome awaits.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We chose this hotel because of its location and we were not disappointed. It is only a 5 minute walk into the centre of Belfast and a 2 minute walk to Central station which was great as we had family to visit in Lisburn. The room we stayed in was on the 12th floor and had views of the Titanic quarter and we could even see Stormont. It was a spacious room and was well appointed. The pillows were very comfortable. The staff were very friendly, our room rate included breakfast which is one of the reasons we chose The Hilton. The restaurant was large and airy and had a view over the Lagan. The food was tasty and there was plenty of it. All in all we had a very pleasant stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was our first trip to Belfast. Wanted to play it safe by staying with a name we knew, and we were not disappointed. Staff was very friendly, room was very clean with nice amenities, and a lovely view of the city. The price was very reasonable for what you got. Everything in town is within walking distance to the hotel, yet it is a few blocks away from all the hustle and bustle, which my wife and I liked. If you want to be in the middle of the scene, there may be better choices for you. If you want a good nights rest, this place is for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick D

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us and is very encouraging to all of the team here.

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed 1 night on leisure, upgraded to corner room which was money well spent
Executive lounge is amazing from its views to the attentive and informative staff.
Loved this hotel, location, friendliness just everything really. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you in order for you to have a great stay.

Looks like we we will have the pleasure again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Again a wonderful reception experience as a Hilton Honor Diamond member, esp. from Damian the manager who always makes an effort to come and meet new and loyal guests. Special mentions for his staff who always make me feel welcome as a returning guest, Alex, Ciaran & Donna. Concierge are fabulous esp. Tony & John. overall very warm welcome.
Conor in the dining area who always looks after my needs.
I love my upgraded corner studio with outstanding views of Belfast and the Titanic Museum.
Looking forward to returning. Well Done Hilton Belfast !

Room Tip: Upgrade to the corner studio with the wonderful executive lounge experience !
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to have our loyal HHonors guests share their experiences with rest of the world and is very encouraging to all of the team.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next stay.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I spent a week here in Sept 212 and enjoyed every moment. Nice, comfy rooms and great flat screen TV. The best thing however is the staff. It seemed like everyone knew me after the first day or so, and special kudos go to Arlene at the front desk and to concierge John who helped me set up tours, provided general advice, arranged taxis, and assisted me with some wi fi issues in the lobby.

The only real issue I had was getting my laptop to work on the lobby wi fi and John really tried to help with that--and even let me check email on his computer. Finally, however, Arlene allowed me 24 hours free in-room access because of all these problems--and it was really urgent to check email. Subsequently wi fi worked just fine on my phone. Who can figure???

Loved the hotel and would definitely stay again. If possible book well in advance. I got a great rate doing so, and when I checked later on extending for a night found the rate had skyrocketed.

Also if you need pounds, hotel will make a charge to your room and hand over the cash at no extra charge. Great if .you have not made it to the ATM.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012