Hilton Belfast
  • Breakfast included
Malmaison(Belfast)
Ten Square(Belfast)
3,103 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecables barsonoma restaurantwaterfront hallcar parkcity centremini bartitanic quarterbreakfast was excellentreception staffhotel barenjoyable staylaganconcertarenapubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Booked this hotel using an £800 holiday voucher (spent in 2 days). Problems started from the minute we arrived. Will bullet point due to laziness -

• Reception said voucher covered 'bed' only (not true). No food for 2 days? Awesome.
• Rang voucher peeps but they were closed.
• Said there was nothing they could do.
• 2 hours later they gave us the benefit of the doubt and let us order food.
• Blocked phone/fridge in our room. Asked them why. They said 'whoops'. 10 minutes later - locked again.
• Bottom of bath was covered in stuff. Plug had 3 feet of hair down it.
• Guests next door had impressive shouting competition between 4-5am
• Crab cakes at dinner were off. Vomited in their toilet (har har!)
• Ordered caesar salad via room service (£15). Consisted of a roughly chopped lettuce, stalk n'all, and 2 thin slices of chicken. RRP £1.50.
• Complained to reception about treatment. Received apology letter under the door.
• Got home and forwarded complaint letter to booking company and Hilton.
• 3 weeks, no reply from Hilton. Threatened going to small claims court.
• Got reply - 'This has never happened before' aka 'Kiss my [--]'.
• Phone call week later - free upgrade next time we stay.

Picked the Hilton because of it's reputation but it was a major hole. Never again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JP_54321
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us.

Having investigated your comments, I would like to discuss your feedback further, please contact me directly - damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed in the Hilton just before Christmas & our experience was one of the best ever had at a hotel. The staff were very pleasant and attentive from beginning to end with special mention to one of the managers Damian who could not be more helpful during our short stay. We stayed in one of the executive rooms which was a nice bonus all completed with a beautiful Christmas tree in the room, which set the mood for a lovely stay. The view from the suite was breathtaking & showed the beautiful sights that Belfast has to offer. Our room was up to a very high standard of cleanliness & the food in the bar for lunch was very nice along with a lovely buffet for breakfast. All in all was a great stay and we will definitely be back, a great hotel and highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah1511

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast. I am very pleased to learn that you left with such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed just for a night, everything was really good.
Great location, friendly helpful staff(specially the concierge), excellent breakfast and really comfortable bed!quickly check in and check out.short stay but a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cristian r

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us and is very encouraging to all of the team here.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Myself and my fiancée stayed for a night here on Friday night.
I knew car park was 18 pounds before I came and that would have been a downside had I not known maybe there are cheaper places which are secure to park your car but as we only had one night we just paid for this and it was convenient as you can gain direct access to hotel through the multi storey car park
The room was a nice room on eighth floor looking out over the city and across to west Belfast.
I got a reasonable deal for the room on Trivago website.
We originally only had the room only but did book breakfast through receptionist, breakfast was pricey at reduced rate of eleven pounds but there was everything there and you could eat as much as you wanted.
I had a nice bowl of fruit with some yoghurt some juice then I some ulster fry.
Myself and my fiancé also made up some ham and cheese rolls to have later on for journey back down to Dublin.
When my fiancée went shopping that morning I used the gymnasium , I must have been lucky as there was no one else in it and I had it all to myself.
Checked out later at 12 midday
All staff at hotel were lovely from reception,kitchen staff,the maids and made our stay enjoyable. Belfast is a lovely city and the people were very friendly I would stop here again.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Insomniac48
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed in the Hilton over the Xmas holidays for 2 nights. The hotel staff were very pleasant and attentive. On arrival we were upgraded to the executive room which was a nice bonus and set the tone for the rest of the visit. The room was tidy and had everything we needed, the breakfast was a buffet with plenty of choice and a chef was on hand to cook eggs etc to your liking. We tried the bar for some food in the evening and was nice and simple, service was quick and bar staff were friendly. The location of the hotel is fantastic, just a couple of minutes walk to St Georges market, the city hall and the Victoria shopping centre.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple