“Consistantly High Standards Year after Year”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 14 January 2013

This is the 10th year that i have been travelling from Glasgow to Belfast for 3/4 days every month and consistantly the level of service, comfort and overall general hospitality is exceptional.
I am fortunate enough through business to have the choice of nearly all hotels in the Province to stay at but it is really difficult to find a more warm and genuine welcome that you recieve the momement you walk through door.
Front of staff reception always make you feel you are the only guest checking in that day and are always willing to accomodate the most trivial request.
Senior management often make themeselves known just as an opportunity to make an introduction.
Bar and Restuarant service is prompt polite and again above all personable and this is demonstrated Year after Year.no matter the staff changes.
If you are fortunate enough to experience the Excecutive lounge you will be met with professional staff who make it their job to give you a service that fits the 5 star bill the Hotel deserves.
I understand why people are put off a visit to a Hotel when they read ONE bad review from a customers only experience, i am happy to give nearly 10 years experience to this beautiful Centrally located Hotel with consistantly a high standard of professionalism from ALL the staff.

Room Tip: I have stayed on every floor without complaint. All serviced to a high homely standard.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank BBRYCE
Write a ReviewReviews (3,035)

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Staying at Hilton Belfast from 22-24 December 2012 as HH Gold with my wife and 18 month old son. The staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating to us. From the check in experience (upgrade provided), breakfast (great selection and service) and executive lounge (free drinks and snacks), everything was great. We were upgraded to a King corner studio which suited us perfectly, was very clean, had great views and the bed was very comfortable. The manager Damian Gilvary even sent me an email after our stay to check that we enjoyed our stay. Won't hesitate to stay here next time we are in Belfast.

Only suggestion for improvement is the Gym facilities - limited equipment and place seemed a bit deserted.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

I recently visited some friends in Belfast and as a treat, my friend booked me into the Hilton. With high expectations, I was very excited about our visit and overall it was good, but not the standard I expected, considering the star rating and reviews !
The room was great on first impression, lovely big bed, modern and well equipped. But when I opened the curtains fully after being in the room only 10 minutes ! I found scrumpled up receipts from December 22nd behind the curtain ! Also, when making a cup of tea shortly after, I noticed the cap of a Stella beer bottle on the tray. It certainly wasn't mine, so I thought I'd see if the cleaner had made a simple error or if she was just plain lazy and let's just say, that after she cleaned the room several times, the cap was STILL on the tray the day I checked out 3 days later ! Also i noticed a dirty hair grip behind the bathroom door when I first arrived and once again this also remained there until i checked out, despite several visits from the cleaner !! These things might seem petty to complain about, but they are the BASICS and a hotel of this so-called standard should not need to be told this ! Apart from that, reception staff were polite, breakfast was very good, restaurant staff were polite and quite friendly. But my favourite part by far was the gym ! Modern, state of the art equipment, plenty of room even though not a huge gym. Very good, I was impressed. :) if you're asking why I didn't complain about the cleanliness issues during my stay, the reason is this, my friend paid the hotel bill, as I paid for our flights. He asked me not to complain as we will be revisiting Belfast in a few months and he didn't want me to kick up a stink, incase we book here again ( No chance ! Trust me !)
I would have given top marks if the cleanliness hadn't been such a let down :(

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed here while attendin a concert in Belfast. Nice treat for my friend & I. I live in Belfast but decided to treat ourselves. Very nice food from the bar menu and the breakfast was very good. Included in the price of our stay was a cocktail so this was an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stayed here in December 2012 and would certanly go back. We were staying with another family and hotel were very accomodating ensuring our rooms were opposite each other etc.

Did notice a few things I wouldnt expect from a hotel of this standard though ie makeup on the shower curtain, but nothing major.

Great location also & rooms v quiet.

We did however get hotel on a special deal & think full price is very steep

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sessi_10
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Booked this hotel using an £800 holiday voucher (spent in 2 days). Problems started from the minute we arrived. Will bullet point due to laziness -

• Reception said voucher covered 'bed' only (not true). No food for 2 days? Awesome.
• Rang voucher peeps but they were closed.
• Said there was nothing they could do.
• 2 hours later they gave us the benefit of the doubt and let us order food.
• Blocked phone/fridge in our room. Asked them why. They said 'whoops'. 10 minutes later - locked again.
• Bottom of bath was covered in stuff. Plug had 3 feet of hair down it.
• Guests next door had impressive shouting competition between 4-5am
• Crab cakes at dinner were off. Vomited in their toilet (har har!)
• Ordered caesar salad via room service (£15). Consisted of a roughly chopped lettuce, stalk n'all, and 2 thin slices of chicken. RRP £1.50.
• Complained to reception about treatment. Received apology letter under the door.
• Got home and forwarded complaint letter to booking company and Hilton.
• 3 weeks, no reply from Hilton. Threatened going to small claims court.
• Got reply - 'This has never happened before' aka 'Kiss my [--]'.
• Phone call week later - free upgrade next time we stay.

Picked the Hilton because of it's reputation but it was a major hole. Never again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JP_54321
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us.

Having investigated your comments, I would like to discuss your feedback further, please contact me directly - damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Regards,

Damian

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed in the Hilton just before Christmas & our experience was one of the best ever had at a hotel. The staff were very pleasant and attentive from beginning to end with special mention to one of the managers Damian who could not be more helpful during our short stay. We stayed in one of the executive rooms which was a nice bonus all completed with a beautiful Christmas tree in the room, which set the mood for a lovely stay. The view from the suite was breathtaking & showed the beautiful sights that Belfast has to offer. Our room was up to a very high standard of cleanliness & the food in the bar for lunch was very nice along with a lovely buffet for breakfast. All in all was a great stay and we will definitely be back, a great hotel and highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah1511

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast. I am very pleased to learn that you left with such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards