“Nice -”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Stayed @ this hotel Monday and Tuesday night this week.
Checked in - pleasant and smooth -
Room was clean - dry and QUIET.
Ordered a risotto on day two in the bar - was ULTRA sweet and not to my taste but I don't waste food - the staff did offer to get me anything else which is good training and I appreciate that indeed.
Drinks appear to be good - I don't drink but my office seemed to be happy.
Breakfast is good - I am not a meat eater in the morning so cannot say anything but it is well laid out -clean and tidy.
They charge a packet and seem to be well worth it too - pity they charge for internet access in the rooms - I wonder why, and with BT next door - surely you can get some wireless connection setup too?
I forgot my key there the day I checked out - called the hotel back and walked back to get this and had it in my hand back within 5 minutes - good stuff.
Going back this week for a week - shall write another review then
Would I recommend - yes - nice place - clean and dry - HEY - no sign of a trouser press ( or did I miss it?)
The mini bar in my room was locked for my stay there - guess they knew I don't drink and wanted to keep me away from the chocolate (if any - in the fridge! ).
Pillows are a bit stiff - but every person has a different neck !
Would I go again - I am going this week --- will keep posting..

Room Tip: Room 416 - this is where I was - but the view is of a parking lot - otherwise quiet !
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank shripadsathe
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast. I am very pleased to learn that you left with such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you back this week.

Regards

Damian

Write a ReviewReviews (2,995)

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Stay here 10 or more times a year. Very good treatment as a Hhonors Gold and get good upgrades etc.
Breakfast in bed is a nice start to a Sunday
Executive lounge nice start to the evening
The parking is a bit steep but then I suppose your car is safe.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank paulm645

Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to have our loyal HHonors guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Upon arrival was given a room that was already occupied......and walked in on them....very embarrassing! the staff did not seem to care at all.
The alternative room was by the lift and right under the executive lounge.....very noisy all night and in the early hours so no sleep.
Internet costs a joke.....most hotels are free...come on Hilton!
Great hotel but seems to be miss-managed by teenagers!!!!

Room Tip: Preferably one that is not already occupied!!
2  Thank Tony G

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us. Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly - damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Thanks to recommendations from friends, we booked this hotel for an overnight trip into Northern Ireland. The location was across the street from the train station, which was very convenient for us. We were also just up the street from St. George Market and a short walk to Titanic Belfast. We found our King Executive room to be very comfortable and the staff to be very helpful. My biggest complaint was only the hefty charge of ten GBP per hour to use the computers in the business center.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room overlooking the river but I suspect there aren't any BAD rooms.
2  Thank CopperPennyLover

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us and is very encouraging to all of the team here.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Very good location, friendly staff, modern fresh rooms, good selection at the breakfast, but....thin walls in the bathroom and charging £15 per day for Internet usage is not acceptable for hotel of this class.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the Internet charges, and I shall certainly share your comments.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Beautiful hotel, but they sadly charge for internet, and only by the day which seems excessive if you only want to use it for an hour.

The restaurant has fabulous food but was a bit slow, even with very few guests.

And be very careful if you are leaving early to go to Belfast station, as the walkway/bridge has a roller gate which appears to be locked before 7:30 so you have to go around.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the Internet charges and evening dining service, and I shall certainly share your comments with the relevant departments.
Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I recently stayed for two nights with my wife in this hotel as a mini break. I have stayed in hotels in UK and Ireland on business and found this hotel satisfactory - 5 star maybe not.
Room was ok - clean and bright but got a bit loud down the hall at 3.00 am on saturday night.
Breakfast was adequate - sausages bit rubbery.
Extras - parking at £18 per day is a definite rip off - other reviews would agree but it does not seem to bother the hotel management - no remedy forthcoming.
Organised two tours tro' hotel - mistake - do not do it - rip off - book online yourself - cheaper Do not use the companies recommended by the hotel especially the Giants Causeway tour - cheaper alternatives available - example hotel company £25 - alternative - £16.
Had a bad experience with the company the hotel recommended - not nice people to deal with and very unprofessional - the hotel abdicated all responsibility.

Room Tip: go for view of city - 6th floor was ours - good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback, and I shall certainly share your comments with the relevant departments.
If you wish to discuss your feedback further, please contact me directly damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Kindest Regards,