“Ideal location... Hilton Standard.... lovely stay :)”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Ideal location... Hilton Standard.... lovely stay :)”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Arrived at the hotel for a 3 night stay, and we weren't disappointed! The hotel was only 10 minutes away from the airport so it only cost a few pounds to get there in a taxi which was ideal for us! It is about a 10 minute walk from the town centre with all the restaurants and amenities and a big cinema & bowling complex so an ideal stop over also for families.

We went to the check in desk, and the receptionists were so lovely and helpful! Nothing was too much trouble and we told them it was our first time in Belfast and they took the time to tell us some places to go and see and even gave my husband a map of the local area which was so thoughtful! They really made us feel welcome.

Our room was up on the 5th floor and the views were wonderful! We were overlooking the River Lagan and it was a beautiful room. Huge comfortable bed, plenty of towels overall a lovely, modern room. My only teeny little gripe was that there wasn't enough milk pots for tea but my husband called down and some were brought up to us straight away which was fine.

We ordered room service on the first night and the food was wonderful! Lovely and hot and really tasty... no complaints! Even the drinks from the mini bar in the room weren't too pricey either. The buffet breakfast in the mornings was also lovely... great selection of food.... everything from a traditional breakfast to meats & cheeses and pastries & cereals... absolutely perfect to set you up for the day,

Our main reason for staying in this hotel was that we wanted to see the TITANIC exhibition which was literally about a 15 minute walk so overall it was a lovely little break. Another thing that was a bit of a disappointment is that there is no swimming pool but other than that, everything was good! Friendly staff, lovely food, ideal location... would definitely recommend and will come back again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear guest,
Thanks for taking the time to deliver feedback on your recent stay in Hilton Belfast,
I was pleased to read that you were impressed with our facilities and services.

When returning please feel free to contact myself and I will be happy to arrange a room with an equally good view as your previous one.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My sister & I stayed for two nights to do family research. Hotel & staff were of the highest standard. Welcoming. Everything we needed such as., PRONI...TITANIC...restaurants, shopping, train station & bus service or taxi, all walking distance. Had a great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for feeding back your experience of Hilton Belfast.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay, and I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming back your selves and the rest of your family back soon.

Warmest Regards
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed with my girlfriend here on the 4th January as a birthday treat. Upon arrival we parked in the multi storey car park situated right beside the hotel. The car park has some very tight turns so extreme caution is advised especially if you drive a large vehicle. We knew it would be expensive but £25 for less than a day we thought was a bit steep.

Anyway once we arrived in the hotel we were greeted at the front desk by Donna. She welcomed them as my girlfriend checked in. We had only booked one room but she said we had reserved two rooms. We assured her we had only booked one as she started to give us attitude not exactly how I planned my birthday treat starting. We provided a print out of our one booking and Donna said there must have been an error on the booking system her attitude changing very dramatically to sweetness and nice without even an apology.

Our room was fine, nice sized bathroom and a good firm bed. One thing we noticed is that there was no complimentary bottle of water, in every hotel we have stayed in we have always had a bottle waiting for us in the room. There was water in the mini bar but at a charge of £3 or some absurd amount I'd rather die of thirst. Again a small thing but its these small things that make the difference.

We ventured down to the cocktail bar before dinner with only a handful of other people in it. There was two people working behind the bar and we were served promptly. We both got french martinis which were very strong so be aware! We ate out on the other side of Belfast so I can not evaluate how good the restaurant food/ service is.

During the night (1.15am) we were awoke by a bunch of middle aged drunk woman shouting and banging next door. I rang the front desk immediately and they sent security straight away to deal with the issue. It was still another hour however before they passed out from eating their room service of 5 pizzas. We had a ajoining door to their room so this is perhaps why their drunken antics seemed amplified.

Upon checking out we were told we were entitled to discount on the car park which brought it down to £18 - still a bit pricey for less than a days parking in my opinion.

Overall we enjoyed are stay with only small details letting it down.

Room Tip: Highest floor for normal guess is floor 8 so if you want a good view ask for a room on that level.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew K

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your feedback,

Please accept my apologies if your first impression of the hotel was not a great one. I am sure this was due to a lack of communication. Donna is an award winning receptionist and I am certain no offense was intended at all.

Occasionally there are things, such as noise complaints that occur out of our control, but I am happy to hear that the security team were on hand to respond quickly.

When returning to Hilton Belfast please contact myself directly and I will be happy to make sure you have a quieter less eventful stay.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip and it was up to the standard of a typical Hilton.
The plus points - an absolutely fantastic location right in the heart of Belfast and a very welcoming front desk with excellent staff. The car park is right next door and the rooms are very comfortable.
The breakfast selection is wide and good quality with good service from the staff in the restaurant.
The down side- the bar is expensive anc closed a little earlier than my colleagues and I wanted it to although it was past midnight.
In summary a good hotel with good service and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your feedback,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and experienced the high level of service we strive to deliver.

The bar closure times are left at the direction of management and they base their decisions on several factors. Our main aim is the satisfaction of the guest and we always take this into consideration when deciding when to close.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Templepatrick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We recently had a Saturday night stay in a king studio room. The room on the 11th floor has stunning views over Belfast from Divis mountain in the west to Scrabo tower near Newtownards in the east and Belfast in the middle.

This room gives access to the executive lounge and having availed of both afternoon coffee and pre dinner drinks and nibbles this really adds to the value of the room. The staff in the executive lounge Donna and Paul were very attentive and we were certainly made to feel at home.

We did not dine in the restaurant but after dining out in the city we returned to the bar and had a great end to our evening with some other hotel guests.

Next morning we had breakfast in our room, the breakfast came as ordered and arrived on time, while this service does cost a bit extra I believe it money well spent.

We had one issue in our bathroom when we discovered the shower head was defective, the fault was reported and within twenty minutes the maintenance man was leaving the room with the repair completed. Things do go wrong but it is re assuring to see the teams response to the problem.

This was not my first visit to this hotel and will certainly not be my last, 'That's why I went to the Hilton'.

Room Tip: Book a room with executive lounge privileges - it is worth the cost.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience of Hilton Belfast.

It is great to hear that the team delivered the experience you expected and deserve, and that you received the level of service that is synonymous with the Hilton Brand.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bristol
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Love this hotel but is let down by slow service in bar for food. When it eventually arrives is poor quality and low value for money. This visit I had to send food back as overcooked and unappetising. Also could hear baby crying in room next door and then snoring of a man when that had settled down. Was awoken early the next morning by clattering in their bathroom. So disappointing as lovely bed and cosy room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good Afternoon,

Please accept my apologies for the challenges you faced during your stay. This is not the level of service we aim for, and I will be passing on your comments to the relevant managers.

When returning to Hilton Belfast please contact I and I will personally ensure your next stay is an extra special one.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The room was lovely with great views. We asked for drink glasses to be moved from outside our room door twice and for a bathrobe to be provided as only one was availble in the room. We decided to eat our evening meal in the bar. Having ordered, we were served two overcooked and tasteless burgers. The accompanying chips were in a small dish on the plate and also tasted dreadful. There is no excuse for this poor quality of taste and presentation. We complained and were given discount. Next morning at breakfast we were served tea/coffee by a waiter who obviously had no interest in providing good customer service. Guests were constantly asking for items such as butter as food items were not placed properly in relation to each other. We expected a higher standard from the Hilton....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for delivering your feedback,

I am sorry to read that you did not receive our usual high level of service during your stay. This is not our usual practice and I will be passing on your comments on to the relevant mangers.

I Hope you choose to stay with us again, where I am sure you will receive the level of service you deserve and expect.