I stayed at this hotel in January 2014 for a short period.
Having not stayed at the hotel prior to this occasion, I had very high expectations of the hotel on all fronts. It was however, during my experience in the bathroom area and in the main room area, was where my expectations became deflated due to a number of issues:
- Curtain unsightly hanging from it's "ring" in the shower
- Telephone in the bathroom poorly attached to the wall with silicone and it was in the process of "falling off" with the wires visible (a safety hazard?)
- When I went to use one of the plugs under the bed to charge my mobile telephone, I noted a number of crumbs and a medicinal pill of some description on the floor. I have no idea whether this was a legal or illegal pill, but I was absolutely disgusted by this. Only for the fact that I had such a long day and I needed immediate sleep and I was checking out as soon as I woke up, I would have made the verbal complaint. This is clear evidence that the room was not cleaned to a basic standard that one should least expect.
Having returned from this stay, these are not the type of standards that I would have envisaged from this type of hotel. It gives the appearance that the rooms are poorly maintained and not cleaned to a basic standard.
I sent an e-mail to the Hilton regarding this on the day I arrived home and did not receive a response until 3 days later. I found the response unsatisfactory.
I would not stay here as it is unclean, a danger to ones health / safety and poorly maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Belfast hotel is an iconic part of he Belfast skyline situated on the banks for the River Lagan in the heart of Belfast City. Next door to the Belfast Waterfront Hall, a few minutes walk to Belfast City Hall and Victoria Square. 5 Minute walk to the SSE (formerly Odyssey) Arena and 1 mile from Titanic Belfast. WiFi is available in all rooms and is free for Hhonors members that book direct(Charges may apply to other bookings). The hotel is 100% non smoking, Executive Floor, Executive Lounge, one Restaurant, one Bar, Fitness Centre/Health Club, Business Centre, Coffee shop, 198 Guest Rooms, Accessible Rooms, nine Meeting Rooms. Check in: 3:00PM, Check out: 12:00PM. Parking available next door - car park for £18.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Belfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Belfast Hotel Belfast
- Hilton International Belfast
- Belfast Hilton International
- Belfast Hilton Hotel